Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
First thought: At least somebody remembered to not to drag a grade schooler around with them in a death trap.
Second thought: The grade schooler is smarter than the others....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
When everybody gets arrested at the end the piglets should be found not guilty on account of Going Along With The Heroes’ Stupid Plans and Outstanding Customer Service.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
I don’t think Urabe was going to end up with the other hostages. Not if Hogstein is being sensible (ok, maybe I shouldn’t be too sure). But he wouldn’t do that to his own agent and if Urabe isn’t a traitor then Hogstein selected him to see him die in a death trap game, not sit in a cage.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
Hogstein is actually the most interesting character because his behavior is so odd. I hope it ends up being justified instead of handwaved away as what the game needed to tell its story.

Might he be the secret romance? There’s always a secret romance.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
Option 3 does feel weak unless you just want to wrap this ASAP. If you’re going to show all routes then I don’t see voting on the order doing very much. Might as well follow the recommendations.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
The whole thing was a hoax cooked up by Saki’s uncle to get her hooked up with a guy. Provide a buffet of bachelors, put everybody under stress to encourage rapid bonding, but have five star accommodations during down time so they can have fun together too.

That such a stupid theory explains so much is worrying.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

The more worrying part of that theory is that Keiji thinks his niece is so hopeless that he needs to engineer a fake terrorist plot in order to snag her a man.

Anime has taught me every family inJapan has one person with an incurable disease. He probably wants to hear the pitter-patter of little grandniece and nephew feet before he dies and Saki’s biological clock isn’t ticking fast enough for him.

I don’t believe any of this; it’s just an amusing way to fill in the gaps. If it’s actually right then I’m channeling a Japanese dating sim writer, which would be very scary.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
The traitor is supposed to make mistakes? Then everybody’s a traitor.

I love the name Junior Jr Boys. It explains why nobody over the age of 12 knows who they are.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
Hmm, “Uncle did it” is doing well. Is there a heart shaped bed and jazz playing in that dimly lit room they’re held in?

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

Thanks. Fixed it. I'll check the other part of this segment later. Looking at it now, I have a feeling that the "One, two, three" line is supposed to be Towa's.

I've never heard it used to refer to that either. Is this some kind of regional thing? The only context I've ever heard or seen "worry" being used in is in reference to concern. I know it has that dictionary usage, but I haven't seen anyone actually use it that way in human conversation.

I’ve seen it written plenty of times and I’ve heard it spoken occasionally, but my mother and sister both have English degrees, so I didn’t grow up in a normal house. Not many kids get teased if they misuse “who” and “whom”....

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
I don’t think any of the times in this game make sense. You’d think they’d have to try to be so absurd so consistently.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
I wonder if you can spread your affection points in just the wrong way and lock in nobody.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
This feels like Urabe is going to be a villain and we’re going through his backstory. By the end of this route he’ll have a pool full of sharks and a butler called Pegleg Murgatroid.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
I think you could make three days work, but you’d need to pack them with events. Not “and we spent six hours stumped by a simple puzzle.”

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
Maybe in this path’s good ending Saki will leave him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
Repeatedly shouting “What’s wrong with you?” seems all too appropriate.

It’s a shame the other routes don’t have the OMG moment of finding they’ve killed Urabe.