Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

This is the Romanian team thread! If you are on the Hungarian team, stop reading now! If you’re wondering what this is, see this thread.

August, 1944
Transylvania, Romania

Following the royalist coup of 23 August, chaotic fighting rages across Romania as the newest member of the Allies tries to drive out their erstwhile axis comrades. The German and Hungarian forces still in the country, for their part, hold out hope of retaking Bucharest and reversing the change of government.

Many of these early clashes were aimed at securing key passes through the mountainous landscape. This scenario imagines such a battle for an important crossroads. Romanian and Hungarian forces battle in a small mountain village, feeling far more comfortable as enemies than as German-coerced comrades! The Romanians will spawn in the south and the Hungarians will spawn in the north.

Romanian Forces
Your force is quite simple. You have a single rifle company equipped with light mortars, with some attached machineguns and antitank rifles. You are supported by offmap medium mortars with just a handful of munitions. Your armor support consists of a lone armored car of German design.

Force Walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDQwwQFrjxc

Enemy Intel
The enemy is in roughly equal strength to you and consists mainly of infantry.

The Map!
The map is 1120m x 800m. It is raining, so vision and hearing will be reduced. The ground itself is still dry, though, so bogging should not be an issue.

Here’s the map walkthrough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg2dr1rqiqM

Objectives

There are three terrain objectives, marked by those big flags. In the old engine, terrain objectives are controlled simply by having units in the vicinity - there’s no specific boundary like in the new engine. Control at least two of the objectives at the end of the match! The time limit is 25 minutes.

Reinforcements
None for this match.

Discord: https://discord.gg/AUQQwGd
Ask for the Allies role.

Save File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CIYQhWQ7PWksoVgWFjw_lQd5F7Sslovo
Password: arad
This file is official. You’ll do your setup in it and turn it over to the Hungarians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

The first round will be 6 minutes, or until significant contact. After that, rounds will be 2 minutes. I'll let you know when first orders are due once I've worked out a schedule with the inputters.

First, figure out who your team commander is and let me know before long.

Also, this match we're going to have a map labeling competition! Give me your best themed team maps and the spectators will vote for their favorite. Entries will be due the same time as our first orders. Entries will be by individual player. Nothing's on the line except the most important thing ever: eternal LP glory!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON
Dibs on armoured car please.

Also map names need to be salads.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
I've literally never done pbe on any combat mission despite playing the series since B2B was new. Help I have no idea how to contribute, give me minimal responsibility.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

I've literally never done pbe on any combat mission despite playing the series since B2B was new. Help I have no idea how to contribute, give me minimal responsibility.

First, I recommend getting on Discord: https://discord.gg/AUQQwGd

Most team discussion happens there. Y'all need to pick a team commander and divvy up the commands. The teams will post their orders in the team threads by some deadline that I'll give you. There are previous LPs linked in the OP of the open thread that you can look at for examples.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

First orders are due Saturday, May 2nd, at 1PM EDT / 5PM GMT.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
I have taken command overall, and we are known as Bunny's Battalliton.

I will also be on map as the AC. That being said, I will be up with full orders overall for everyone, and assignments tommorrow, as I have the day off to go into details on everything.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Bunny's Battalion Orders

Alright Men, those Hungarian bastards are moving in. We threw off the shackles of the Nazis so their lickspittles are coming to put their boots to us. We are what stand in their way. We are going to hold the line and drive them off.

2nd, 3rd platoons, I want you to deploy at the Red Line, and move towards the Railyard. Speed is not of as much essence, as you may get LOS on the enemy as you move. You will detach your 60 MM mortars and attach them to the pink section. HQ will include the HQ squad, spotter, one HMG and one AT rifle.

1st platoon, and the remainder of the HQ assests( HMG and AT), we are to deploy on the pink link with the mortars, and move to the village. We want to garrison that farm house to keep our heads down.

Armoured Car Orders

Move along the road to alongside the farm house at Hunt

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 1, 2020

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
*Edit - Wrong thread

*Double edit -

Abongination fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 1, 2020

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
3rd Platoon Orders

Motar squad to DETACH and follow orders from Battalion command for deployment and early positioning.

Squads to deploy on map edge in the follow order left to right: 3, 2, 1, 4. HQ Squad to follow in behind them with combat spacing.

All squads to RUN[b] for the woods behind the train station, following the Red Line Plan in, rough positions for squads to move to marked in non-red colour on the following map. Squads can swap to [b]MOVE orders if they get into the woods and have time to during this turn.

A view to the future of getting 1st squad to occupy the building that remains intact our side of the train station, and get 4th Squad into the small ruined building to the right to have some AT support hiding in the buildings. I would like to suggest getting the HGM supporting Red Line Plan into a building to use windows to provide a higher elevation of suppressing fire on advancing OpFor.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

Please move the squads forward as labeled below, spaced out roughly as shown. Feel free to use judgement about pathing. Squads 1,2,3 move FAST for two turns or until contact, and then CONTACT. Squad 4 move with CONTACT all the way up.

Mortar squad should detach and chill behind those woods.

HQ should move up FAST and then stop at the edge of the woods, where they have some concealment if possible.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
HQ Team

blue is MOVE, red is SPRINT.

Deploy at the end of your movement where applicable.

If contact is found to the right, keep the observer far enough into the woods to break LoS. If no contact, move up to the edge for LoS and use those eyes, but fall back into the woods once the shooting starts.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Provisional orders, 2 plt

Move along blue.

IF you judge the movement to be safe given enemy contact and time allows, SPRINT the red dashed lines to the high ground and take up positions there at the X's. SPRINT to the cover, then move once in it. Deploy as applicable.

IF you judge that dashed movement unwise, hold at position as a reserve. IF an active fight is going on and the squads can be helpful, move them to engage the enemy.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Turn Resolution

I was dumb and didn't check it was recording for turn 1 and 2 but there's basically no action so you don't miss me saying anything interesting. In turn 3 we get an exciting AC duel (it's not, they shoot 3 times, our gun goes). Everything else is quiet.

Turn 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxftQGBhQXw

Turn 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjC586uhq8

Turn 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0gVMGlpVBw

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Alright, so initial impression, after losing our AC's gun.

I get the feeling we're getting a push where that car is, so I want the 60mms to start firing on that. I'll do up a post marking the target area when I am done work.

AT team there, I want that car dead. Now.

2nd, 3rd, push forwards on that railyard. The way the terrain is, it looks like you'd get good LOS.

Detail order post to come.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Tuesday, May 5th, at 1PM EDT / 5PM GMT / 6PM BST.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
3rd Platoon Orders

Sounds like Capitan Bunny has already run into the those lickspittle Hungarians, let's get moving.

Ok HQ we're gonna MOVE up a bit more in these woods while the boys from the squads shuffle out and get eyes on. Don't get too close to the edge but KEEP IN COMMAND DISTANCE OF EVERYONE ESPECIALLY 1st SQUAD, we can't afford to get sniped at..... yet.... AND STOP SALUTING ME DAMMIT.

Ok 3rd squad I want you to MOVE TO CONTACT up to the edge of that forest and get some LOS of the hillside. I belive the HMG is looking to set up there so combat spacing where you can, and stay in command range.

2nd squad MOVE into the scrub just outside the woods, be ready to get into the rubble and follow 1st into the structure in front of us if you have to.

Speaking of 1st you're now going to RUN quickly and cautiously into that building that remains standing. I want eyes on anything coming from 10 o'clock over to any movement in the 12 o'clock building across the road. Depending on what you see we may get you or 2nd squad to rush over and get in before the Hun's get there, thus giving us control of the building in the area and the best vantage points. Once you're in take a breather but EYES OPEN!

4th squad your job is to RUN for the remains of that signalmans post over the train lines and cover your 12 o'clock through to about 2 o'clock. If you have to provide cover fire for 2nd platoon to make their run for the scrubland as Locotenent Centurium suggested he was want to do earlier. Use your brain Sergent I know you have one.

Go go go boys.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 3, 2020

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Hey, please check in with your teammates on DIscord about your assignment. They're wondering if you're still around.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Or just post. Discord is helpful but not necessary as long as you are keeping in touch.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Here is our map now. Since we are the Romaine-ians, I decide to label it with salad. Now order time

60 MM mortars

Hold your fire, except for the ones for 1st platoon. When you see enemies in Ham or Celery Victor, drop rounds on em. I only want one mortar firing at a time.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 5, 2020

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

All Squads

Keep your heads down and eyes up. Hold fire unless targets are within 150m OR you receive fire, in which case return fire freely.
Deploy anything we haven't yet.

Mortar team

Drop rounds on the road just behind the enemy AC's last known, by about 25-50m.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Sorry, internet is down so only phone posting and no maps.

HQ
HMG's are to deploy at their end points from last time. AT gun in coleslaw is to set up an ambush fire arc so as to remain concealed in initial exchange of fire.

HQ is to triangulate itself so that it gives command range to the most possible units while still remaining in cover in coleslaw.

AT gun in chicken is to engage that AC.

2 PLT

Continue orders from previous turn: take up the high ground.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Turn 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5makglunjkg

Turn 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KAOQew0FEk

End of turn 5 Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ZsFHM8e

The mortars don't strictly have LOS on the infantry contact, (I think they can see the main treeline on the other side of the road). The spot probably came from our infantry at the Church wall.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
General Orders

2nd and 3rd, I want Nicoisse taken yesterday. Get me some men in that railyard, and prepare for enemy contact, or to move down wedge to support 1st platoon.

1st Platoon. Hold position. We now know the enemy is sending men against us at least, so we can expect contact in the next minute or two. I want a 60mm mortar on Celery Victor if we can. Make sure you are close enough to the edge of the tree line to have LOS on whatever assholes come our way.

Our HMG and ATs should be set up and ready to fire.

AC, I want you to move behind the farmhouse at Caesar. Stay out of the line of fire, and maybe pop out to use the coax on any enemy, and see if we can lure their AC into our AT guns fire.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
3rd Platoon Orders

The plan remains the same as we have not reached this point yet.

GET TO YOUR PLACES MEN! HQ Squad will continue to move in a way that remains in range of everyone where possible.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Monday, May 11th, at 3:30PM EDT / 6:30PM GMT / 7:30PM BST.

Fray fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 10, 2020

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked posted:

3rd Platoon Orders

The plan remains the same as we have not reached this point yet.

GET TO YOUR PLACES MEN! HQ Squad will continue to move in a way that remains in range of everyone where possible.

Emptyquote for correct positioning on orders

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

Best bet is to hold tight and get ready to either fight or fall back, preferably fight. So for these two turns:

ALL RIFLE SQUADS
Hold position, and make sure to adjust the firing arc so that it overlaps the first 20m of Celery Victor, if that's possible without moving. I'm fine taking potshots if they're accurate and likely to suppress or kill enemy infantry as they run towards us.

HQ
If possible while maintaining command, FAST move to take a position in the church building. Oh, DO NOT do this if it means the mortars don't have a chance of firing!

Mortar Team
We took too long getting fire out on that AC. Best to put rounds on the edge of Celery Victor, 10-15m ahead of where we saw contact. Spread it out if you can, parallel to the firing line of the rifle squads.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
HQ Assets
Continue previous orders. Keep the AT rifles on antiarmor arcs.

2plt

Considering the placement of the buildings on the objective I don't think the high ground is worth it.

Edge up a few dozen meters to the edge of Coleslaw, try to maintain at least 20m between squads, and wait. Intent is to provide a base of fire for 3plt this set of turns and then assault the far side of the objective next set of turns.

Non order opinion

We maybe should move up a bit and put the HMG in the building at caesar with some rifles in Chicken?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Centurium posted:

Non order opinion

We maybe should move up a bit and put the HMG in the building at caesar with some rifles in Chicken?

I think that's a good call. Do that.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Key points are it's still deathly silent on the right, on the left the mortar squads take a couple of casualties when repositioning. I gently caress up between turns and don't fiddle with their orders, but I don't think it changes the price of anything. They're breaking contact but will need a couple of minutes to get themselves back together. We get vision of a full enemy platoon in the open in front of us. the infantry on the church wall consolidate back into the church without loss.

Turn 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maDw209nWaM

Turn 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFWfiWVDWw

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Alright, we are in the shooty phase now boys

ORDERS

Platoons on the hill, I get the feeling the enemy isn't going to make a push on the railyard. There's been no sign of them yet, whereas we've run into them at the church turns ago. I was 2nd platoon to hold the railyard for now, and I want 3rd to start coming along Wedge road, or through tabouleh, whichever you decide is most prudent.

The HMG and AT, as forward spotter should stay where they are, assuming that gives line of sight to the crossroads. If not, move them as close as is safe.

Platoons at the church, dig in, defend. As soon as the mortars are set up, I want them firing. Same with our HMG and all our rifles.

AC, if you poke out enough to have LOS on crossroads while mostly in cover, do that. I feel the co-ax will be good.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Monday, May 11th, at 3:30PM EDT / 6:30PM GMT / 7:30PM BST.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
2nd Platoon

Take the far side of the rail yard. If no contacts are found, deploy in the buildings to provide fields of fire down the hill towards the center

HQ assets

HMG in Tuna redeploy to the church at your discretion.

HMG in coleslaw should pack up if there's still no contacts. Intent is to redeploy to optimum field of fire down the hill towards the center of the map.

All other assets should engage as is appropriate.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

All Rifle Squads

Try and get into cover once you're done running away. Shoot anything that moves. Let's put out maximum volume of fire and try to slow up that advance.

Mortar Team

Get some fire out just behind the last contact we had with the enemy. Spread it out but don't stick your neck out for LOS too badly, I trust your judgement.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Turn Update:

Pre-turn 8 setup vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oafmr5hEJ-U

Turn 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxg0hNmIMhg

Turn 9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG0dr-qo1Ys

We shoot at them more than they shoot at us and gain some useful information about their deployments.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Bunny's battalion

Alright,2nd, 3rd, get your asses down into flanking. HMGs, stay and set up and continue to pour fire into them. IF any mortars can fire I want it on Celery Victor and Caprese crossroad ASAP. That includes if the FO gets LOS

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sorry I was very busy at work and missed the deadline.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Friday, May 15th, at 3:30PM EDT / 6:30PM GMT / 7:30PM BST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

IF we have to fall back past the church, use those walls for cover and regroup. Try to keep dudes in the building as best as we can, but maintain a wide field of fire. Prioritize maintaining LOS on the enemy. We're going to take it on the nose, let's put up a good fight and hold them off.

Mortars, fire at whatever advancing enemies you can hit soonest