Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Turns 10 and 11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI4nizKQYtQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA8TvEbSB2Y

Spoilers; very little happens (that we can see). We'll only find out after the game whether the mortars actually did anything. Decision coming up when the off map spotters get into position on where to try to strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
2nd and 3rd Platoon Orders

Sorry men, I got stuck in the rubble for a bit there and couldn't get out.

It seems Lt Centurium has gone AWOL so I will be giving orders for 2nd Platoon.

Right the situation:

It appears the bulk of the OpFor is mounting an assault on Chicken via the Celery Victory woods. Mortar strikes have been called in to suppress them. We have 0 contacts up here at Nicissoise.

As such Commander Bunny has ordered us to push downhill and flank the attacking forces in a pincer movement.

Orders to platoons:

2nd Platoon (or which ever one of us is on the north side of the road at the moment) you are to MOVE with combat spacing to avoid easy suppression down hill on the North side of the road, through the scrub and Tabouleh if required in order to get a flank on the enemy. When you boys hit the cover begin to HUNT as to engage any foolish enemies attempting to cross the road with no cover.

I am aware there is an Armoured Car there, I am ordering the AT Rifle to set up on the hill where it has an angle and try to pop it for you. The HMG and 3rd platoon's LMG are to do the same please. If the car goes down quick the MG's are to help suppress men in the open.

3rd Platoon: The squad in the train station is to stay where it is and hold that objective. The other 3 squads are to position as appropriate to advance down hill towards and through Mixed Greens wood to prepare to flank the enemy. HQ will obviously follow to maintain command cohesion, not concerned about the train station squad not being in command range because if this goes pear-shaped we're likely dead with or without their support.

Mister Spotter if you could please try to get a good position to call in the next strike.

I have doodled a map up for us quick boys:

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Tuesday, May 19th, at 2PM EDT / 5PM GMT / 6PM BST.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON
Bunny Battalion orders

Alright lads we're stuck in now. Hopefully our mortars made the bastards in CELERY VICTOR keep their heads down. Problem is we got some more at CAPRESE and HAM. I want mortars on those fucks too. If our forward spotter can see, I want our big boys dropping on that location. If not, make CELERY VICTOR really wish they hadn't been born.

I want our AC to creep forward slowly, see if we can spot what's in the crossroad and ham.

1st, hold the line boys. We survive this and I am buying every man of the platoon a beer.

2nd keep moving up and hit them in the flank.

3rd. Hold the factory with one or two squads and have the rest move up.

AT guns, we need that AC of theirs dead soon.

HMGs we need you to hold and keep filling the Hungarians with lead

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Priority for on map mortars
1. HAM
2. Caprese crossroad
3. CELERY VICTOR

Priority for off map.
1. HAM.
2. CAPRESE CROSSROAD
3. LOCATION OF AC
4. CELERY VICTOR

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
HQ Assets

Train Station Side

HMG keep shooting
AT Rifle continue movement to get a shot on that AC. React as appropriate if the AC moves and a new position needs to be taken to get LOS.
Spotter: begin calling in the fire missions as soon as you can see. Follow command's priorities for fire.
Commander head for the edge of coleslaw towards mixed green while staying concealed. We may wish to move that way to help provide leadership soon.

Church side

Mortars: when you stop chewing on the grass, shoot something! Again, follow command's priorities for fire. If you can't reach any of them, just shoot to cause the most casualties you can.
HMG: if it happens to start taking commands again, have it head towards the best possible spot to recover morale.
AT Rifle: keep edging towards a shot on that AC. Don't run out of the forest to take it, we need you alive to restrict the AC's movement, but otherwise take the opportunity if you get it.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

All Rifle Squads:
We hold the line. Focus on staying in command range of HQ and keeping up a good amount of firepower.
Please use your discretion to direct fire at what each squad can see and shoot.
Prioritize targets as indicated on the map, unless we can see HQ units. Spotted HQ units receive first priority.
If that enemy AC comes into shrek range of any units, pound it.

HQ:
Move, if necessary and safe to keep squads in command range. Please keep something solid between yourself and the enemy where possible and do not break concealment unless absolutely necessary.

Mortars:
No sense getting shot up and failing to drop any rounds.
Fire at whatever you can hit first with minimal adjustment, following the same priorities as the rifle squads.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Agree with your target priority. The enemy in mixed green is likely moving up to assault so they are an immediate threat

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Here is your turn 12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxgKhTL-zR4 and here is your turn 13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAj49os-tY

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Bunny's battalion

My Ride got shot up! Those bastards will pay for that.

Alright, 1st plat, great job stopping that assault. Hold position, no change in your orders.

2nd, keep moving up,

3rd. Hope you are sending some more killers our way

AT rifles, great shooting, let's hope that car is just as dead as mine, but keep on your toes.

HMGs, hold your positions, set up, and keep shooting.

Priority for on map mortars
1. HAM
2. Caprese crossroad
3. CELERY VICTOR

Priority for off map.
1. HAM.
2. CAPRESE CROSSROAD
3. MIXED GREEN
4. CELERY VICTOR

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

Absolutely no change. I'll just quote the previous orders for simplicity's sake.

Frances Nurples posted:

1st Platoon

All Rifle Squads:
We hold the line. Focus on staying in command range of HQ and keeping up a good amount of firepower.
Please use your discretion to direct fire at what each squad can see and shoot.
Prioritize targets as indicated on the map, unless we can see HQ units. Spotted HQ units receive first priority.
If that enemy AC comes into shrek range of any units, pound it.

HQ:
Move, if necessary and safe to keep squads in command range. Please keep something solid between yourself and the enemy where possible and do not break concealment unless absolutely necessary.

Mortars:
No sense getting shot up and failing to drop any rounds.
Fire at whatever you can hit first with minimal adjustment, following the same priorities as the rifle squads.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Friday, May 22nd, at 3:30PM EDT / 6:30PM GMT / 7:30PM BST.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked posted:

2nd and 3rd Platoon Orders

Sorry men, I got stuck in the rubble for a bit there and couldn't get out.

It seems Lt Centurium has gone AWOL so I will be giving orders for 2nd Platoon.

Right the situation:

It appears the bulk of the OpFor is mounting an assault on Chicken via the Celery Victory woods. Mortar strikes have been called in to suppress them. We have 0 contacts up here at Nicissoise.

As such Commander Bunny has ordered us to push downhill and flank the attacking forces in a pincer movement.

Orders to platoons:

2nd Platoon (or which ever one of us is on the north side of the road at the moment) you are to MOVE with combat spacing to avoid easy suppression down hill on the North side of the road, through the scrub and Tabouleh if required in order to get a flank on the enemy. When you boys hit the cover begin to HUNT as to engage any foolish enemies attempting to cross the road with no cover.

I am aware there is an Armoured Car there, I am ordering the AT Rifle to set up on the hill where it has an angle and try to pop it for you. The HMG and 3rd platoon's LMG are to do the same please. If the car goes down quick the MG's are to help suppress men in the open.

3rd Platoon: The squad in the train station is to stay where it is and hold that objective. The other 3 squads are to position as appropriate to advance down hill towards and through Mixed Greens wood to prepare to flank the enemy. HQ will obviously follow to maintain command cohesion, not concerned about the train station squad not being in command range because if this goes pear-shaped we're likely dead with or without their support.

Mister Spotter if you could please try to get a good position to call in the next strike.

I have doodled a map up for us quick boys:

3rd Platoon Orders

Continue the plan. Leave the exhausted squad on the train station to hold the objective. Other 3 squads to move down through mixed greens to get a flank on OpFor attempting to cross out of Celery Victor.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
2nd Plt

Blue means advance, red means move to contact (however CM2 names that) green means run.

At the turn break, if that AC is still moving and is about to mess us up, please cancel these orders and run to the nearest cover and start fighting.

Otherwise, start putting rounds in the backs of that advance at mixed green once you reach final positions. If that isn't possible, you may reposition them so as to accomplish that goal.

EDIT: Um, this is missing a line. Please take that fourth squad and move them along to the near edge of the far forest, or anywhere else that makes sense.

HQ Assets
Continue previous orders

except

HMG between mixed green and caesar is to sit down and try to calm down. You have discretion to give them target arc orders as best fits enemy positions.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 22, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Turns 12 and 13:

Nobody on our side dies. Probably someone on their side dies. Mortars start. Their AC moves from where 1 AT rifle can shoot it to where no AT rifles can shoot it, to where both AT rifles can shoot it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZdZEzsNZtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHR6iboVL10

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Bunny Batallion

Alright not much change. AT guns I want that AC dead before it starts flinging HE into our woods.

1st plat keep killing them. The ones on our left are getting a helping dinner of 81mm mortar fire, and if any of our other mortars want to add to the party they can.

2nd, I want you moving on Mixed Green. Take it, and keep our flank happy.

3rd. Well, I hope you can get moving soon.

HMGs get set up for more fire.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Monday, May 25th, at 1PM EDT / 5PM GMT / 6PM BST.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

Sorry for late orders, I got caught up in something last night. Hopefully nothing too complicated here, though.

1st Platoon

I've lost track of which squads are which, so I'm going to refer to them loosely here. In general, we need to prioritize putting fire on that stack of dudes coming up on our left flank, getting mortar rounds out before the enemy are in very close contact, and maintaining morale.

Ambush guys in the woods left of the church
Hold the line. Prioritize targeting infantry.

Dudes in the church
Same orders as before. If you can shrek that AC on the road without leaving cover, do so.

Mortars
Fire at whatever you can hit without having to reposition.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I mean there is no real orders to go we have a plan we just follow it to the end right team?

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

I mean there is no real orders to go we have a plan we just follow it to the end right team?

Yep.

2 platoon
Continue previous orders. Once in position start shooting. Feel free to jostle around to achieve LOS.

HQ Assets

HMG recovering by mixed green: Start moving north into mixed green proper. Goal is to get to the corner of mixed green and set up once 2plt has the Hungarians' attention.

HMG in Coleslaw: feel free to reposition if you determine LOS isn't useful anymore. That's an adaptive call based on the enemy, but I suggest either moving to the train station upper floors to gain LOS or to pick up and join 3 platoon in moving into mixed green. If you do reposition to mixed green, take the HQ as well, and the AT rifle if his LOS isn't going to be relevant anymore.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Here's some turns. I'm really tired, think I caught everything though. And it should have been capturing audio from my mic.

The first turn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foIgM2AOUK8

The second turn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P_2V32YspE

Spoilers: nothing unexpected happens. Their platoons continue to close up on the church, no friendly casualties are taken. Their AC takes 2(3?) penetrating hits from the AT rifle and takes no appreciable damage as a result. It moves to a point where the AT rifle can't see it because terrain is blocky. The HMG and 2 mortars around the church are coming back under control just at a point where they are going to be able to stall the enemy advance opposite them. Our 2nd and 3rd platoons continue to deploy.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Thursday, May 28th, at 1PM EDT / 5PM GMT / 6PM BST.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked posted:

3rd Platoon Orders

Continue the plan. Leave the exhausted squad on the train station to hold the objective. Other 3 squads to move down through mixed greens to get a flank on OpFor attempting to cross out of Celery Victor.

3rd Platoon Orders

Continue with the plan as per above men. We've got God and time on our side, if the lads up at the train station hold fast and we make sure we cut off this flanking manoeuvre we will win. Hunt once you get into those woodlands to flush up any OpFor who may have gotten in first.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Bunny's battalion

Current orders stand lads.

If those 60mm mortars can start firing, I want rounds in the enemy assault on the north side of Chicken. Make them learn tree burst is a bitch.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Deadline pushed to Friday, May 29th, at 3:30PM EDT / 6:30PM GMT / 7:30PM BST.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

Rifle Squads and HQ

We hold. A panzerfaust into that AC would be magnificent, if possible. Maybe Squad 2 can get there?

Mortar Teams

Fire into the pink circle if you have LOS, yellow circle if you don't. Use whatever fire command is most likely to see rounds on target in the shortest time frame. Feel free to adjust within those circles to best address available targets for maximum effect.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
HQ assets:

Continue previous orders. Should be finished setting up/ sneaking over a hill this turn. Reposition as needed to keep fire on the enemy.

HQ squad- move down the hill behind the forests to go give some command support to that hmg. They'll need it, I think. Try not to get caught out travelling in a position where 3 platoon can't help you.

AT gun on the hill: run after 3rd platoon. I doubt the enemy AC is headed back our way. If he does, try to be close enough to the forest edge to stop and shoot within a turn. Otherwise keep to 3rd platoons movements.

2 Platoon:

Continue to shoot. You should finish movement soon. If contact breaks keep moving up in a 2 moving 2 overwatching formation. (As best you can in this engine, anyway). If that squad in the edge of the woods doesn't break by the time everyone has finished moving, once the 2 farther squads have it under fire the nearest 2 squads are to close to grenade range and assault them.

EDIT: ultimate goal of advance is Celery Victor. Put fire on the enemy in mixed green as you can from overwatch, but prioritize clearing resistance towards celery Victor.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 29, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Turn 18: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJYf1DT6So

Turn 19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IhPbIH2Qg

Pretty good.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Tuesday, June 2nd, at 2PM EDT / 5PM GMT / 6PM BST.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

We're going to three-minute turns for the remainder of the match. That means the round after this will be the last one.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Bunny's Battalion

We're in the end game now. I want mortars to keep up their fire on that section until they run dry. 2nd and 3rd, I need you to keep firing on the assholes in mixed green.

1st, you know your targets, you've been hitting em all day, don't let up. Victory is within our grasp here.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
3rd Platoon

Carry on pushing through the woods men! Start firing on contacts once we are about about half way through, taking cover out selves as required.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
2 Platoon

Immediate goal is to suppress the enemy in mixed green so that HMG can start to shift the balance of fires.

As you are able, start shifting squads towards the edge of the forest to get LOS on the church approach. Ideally we'd be able to shift at least some fire onto a final charge out of the enemy. Keeping the HMG free to fire is still priority one, however. It is a far better weapon to stop a charge.

If the HMG dies shifting to that position becomes first priority. We'll be the only thing able to put fire on the church area for some time, and the enemy must not be allowed to cross into the church uncontested.

HQ assets:

HMG in rail station: keep giving em hell.

HQ and at rifle: continue orders. Shoot if ya get the chance.

HMG in South Mixed Green: shift fire to the enemy in north mixed green that keeps suppressing you. Only shift back once they are suppressed and unlikely to silence you. If the big charge comes, stopping that supercedes any other priority.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

Alright, we hold in the woods on the left. Hold the church at all costs. Keep firing those mortars in the general area indicated last round, but feel free to adjust for effect. I want us to slow their advance, and buy time for our flank to show up.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

A turn post!

Turn 20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLn-oNxOyQE

Turn 21:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqWy_ZFs5M8

Turn 22:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6cXA0CexXg

Spoilers (don't read till you've watched all the vids): I think that's probably game. Flank threats have been swept up, the two HMGs are beating across their lines and spraying everything in sight, and the reserve platoon is doing a rendition of 'cool guys don't look at explosions'. I think the last choice is whether you want to use the final turn to settle down and play safe, or go for the flourish and see if you can sweep up that enemy platoon that's now isolated and vulnerable).

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
3rd Platoon Orders

3rd Platoon you are to continue to move up to the edge of Mixed Green to provide suppression on anyone attempting to rush the church from it's left flank.

On our right flank I want a squad to pincer up and pour it on em! With the support from 2nd Platoon we should have those guys in that little corner outcropping caught niiiice and snugly between our crossfire.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 3, 2020

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Bunny's Battalion

FINAL ORDERS :siren:

ALRIGHT WE HAVE THESE BASATARDS ON THE ROPES, IT'S TIME TO FINISH THIS, AND MAKE EM RUN HOME TO HUNGARY CRYING FOR MOMMY!

2nd, 3rd, I want you to have half your squads pincering the enemy in mixed green. Give em hell, make em cry. I want the other half watching towards chicken, cause I expect a desperate rush from those assholes.

1st, keep on your toes, fire away at any enemy that comes at the church.

HMGs, I want the one near the railyard supporting the loving up of mixed green, and I want the one down near the church firing on mixed green, unless an enemy assault pops up, then shift fire to them.

LET'S CARRY THE DAY!

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
HQ Assets

HMG's are to hose down the enemy in Mixed Green.

If one last charge is to start, ignore all other orders and shoot at it.

AT Rifles are to yell rude comments in between shots.

HQ is in a good place command wise. Nudge them if they need it to keep shooting.

2 Platoon

Just get to the nearest LOS and keep shooting. Same intention as the HMG's. We're too drat tired to make a glorious slap slap charge for glory at the end.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

1st Platoon

Rifle Squads in the woods
Work to pull back to the church side of the woods as you can, use the squad that's still fresh to support the one that isn't. Try and get them into close combat, but play it safe. Try to get a few ambush attacks in, and see the "pinned" status cleared from 1st squad so they get back in the fight before it's over.

Mortars
If you have ammuntion, continue firing into those woods until it is expended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Final turn:

The Axis go for a blowout finish! Is it enough? no

Turn 23: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh9NVVg5zg0

Turn 24: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Rx9KudRVs

Turn 25: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kt2AHqJjrc

Epilogue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQH2NPjpXpE

Scoreboard