Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will replace Biden
Cuomo
Buttigieg
Harris
Beto
Newsom
Tom Perez
Hillary
Pelosi
Bloomberg
Oprah
Romney
The Klobb
Abrams
John Kerry
Jeb!
View Results

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
https://www.axios.com/timeline-tara...ospm&stream=top

quote:

Joe Biden is facing growing scrutiny over sexual assault allegations made by a former Senate staffer.

The big picture: Business Insider this week published two on-the record corroborations of parts of allegations by Tara Reade, who alleges Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993. Biden's campaign says the alleged assault "absolutely did not happen."

Timeline

April 3, 2019
: Reade joined several women accusing Biden of inappropriate touching as a senator in 1993. She told The Union, a local newspaper in California, that on numerous occasions Biden put his hands on her neck and shoulders in ways that made her uncomfortable.

Reade told The Union her responsibilities in Biden's office were reduced after she refused to serve drinks at an event. She said she left after nine months, feeling that she was pushed out and that Biden's staff was protecting him.

Reade told The Union she didn't feel Biden's actions were sexualization, instead comparing her experience to being treated like a lamp: "It’s pretty. Set it over there," she said. "Then when it’s too bright, you throw it away."
Reade also tried unsuccessfully to get #MeToo-related Time's Up to help fund her case, per The Intercept.

March 25, 2020
: Reade told journalist Katie Halper on a podcast that in 1993, Biden pinned her against a wall in a Senate building, reached under her clothes and penetrated her with his fingers while kissing her.

After pulling away, Reade recalled Biden telling her that he thought she liked him. Reade claims that Biden looked at her and said: "You're nothing to me" — words that she says affected her "almost more than the assault" because of how much respect she had for him.

Reade said that when Biden saw that she looked "shocked," he told her: "You're OK, you're fine."

Reade told Halper that she told her immediate family and a friend about the incident at the time.

April 9: Reade filed a police report claiming she was the victim of a sexual assault in 1993. She tweeted that she did so solely for "safety reasons," acknowledging that the statute of limitations had run out on her complaint.

April 12-13:
The New York Times, Washington Post and AP all published investigations into Reade's allegations.

The Times interviewed Reade, lawyers she spoke to, nearly two dozen people who worked with Biden in the early 90s, and seven women who made inappropriate touching allegations against Biden. None corroborated the details of Reade's allegation, and the Times wrote that it "found no pattern of sexual misconduct" by Biden.

The Post interviewed Reade, more than a half-dozen former Biden staffers, and people Reade says she told about the assault soon after it happened. A friend who requested anonymity corroborated Reade’s account of their conversation. Reade's brother initially said she had told him there was an incident where Biden was "inappropriate," but not the alleged assault. He later followed up and told the Post he recalled Reade telling him Biden had cornered her and reached under her clothes.

The AP interviewed Reade, five Biden staffers that worked with him at the time, and two friends Reade says she told about the incident before going public. One friend who requested anonymity said Reade told them about the assault at the time. The other friend said Reade told her about Biden's alleged harassment in 2007 or 2008 — but made no mention of the alleged assault.

April 24:
The Intercept reported that Reade's mother had called into "Larry King Live" on CNN on Aug. 11, 1993, and said that her daughter had just left her job working for a "prominent senator" in Washington, where she "could not get through with her problems at all."

Reade's mother said "the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him."

April 27: Two sources went on the record to Business Insider to corroborate certain details of Reade's allegation.

Lynda LaCasse, who was Reade's neighbor in the mid-1990s, said she told her in 1995 or 1996 that she had been assaulted by Biden: "I remember her saying, here was this person that she was working for and she idolized him," LaCasse said. "And he kind of put her up against a wall. And he put his hand up her skirt and he put his fingers inside her."

Lorraine Sanchez, who worked with Reade for a California state senator, said Reade told her in the mid-1990s that "she had been sexually harassed by her former boss while she was in D.C., and as a result of her voicing her concerns to her supervisors, she was let go, fired." Sanchez said she does not remember if Reade gave details about the harassment she allegedly faced.

The Biden campaign strongly denied all of Reade's allegations in statements provided to media organizations:

Kate Bedingfield, Biden's deputy campaign manager and communications director: "Vice President Biden has dedicated his public life to changing the culture and the laws around violence against women. He authored and fought for the passage and reauthorization of the landmark Violence Against Women Act. He firmly believes that women have a right to be heard - and heard respectfully. Such claims should also be diligently reviewed by an independent press. What is clear about this claim: it is untrue. This absolutely did not happen."

Marianne Baker, Biden's executive assistant from 1982–2000: "In all my years working for Senator Biden, I never once witnessed, or heard of, or received, any reports of inappropriate conduct. ... I have absolutely no knowledge or memory of Ms. Reade’s accounting of events, which would have left a searing impression on me as a woman professional, and as a manager."

Links are in the article. Pass it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
They dont give a poo poo because they are trying to lose so they can keep fundraising off trump

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

They dont give a poo poo because they are trying to lose so they can keep fundraising off trump

which is why imo if they do dump biden theyll pick hillary because shes the best chance of losing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i'm also imagining people claiming that bernie shouldn't get it when the winner goes into medical retirement just because he was the runner up, hillary actually beat him! the people have already spoken, they want hillary. they can imagine it removes the main problem with forcing cuomo on everyone

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I agree it's not likely they'll dump biden for someone else at the convention, but stuff like canceling the presidential primary in NY is a sign they're planning for it if they have to or if the old man dies with less than 51% of delegates
The more delegates bernie has the worse it'll look if they do a swap instead of just giving it to joe and then having his vp takeover when he dies on day 2 of his term

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Shear Modulus posted:

which is why imo if they do dump biden theyll pick hillary because shes the best chance of losing

Im sure that some people in leadership secretly feel this way, but your assertions that there is some massive conspiracy among democrats to lose the election for president of the United States to the Republican Party seems, uh, implausible

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I've never heard a single note of that song. I've only heard people speak of it. I am determined to go through life with a brain that does not know it's empty saccharin notes :colbert:

I thought I was privileged for never having watched it all the way to the end but this is true kingliness

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

You should add Bernie Sanders to the poll but make the little thing next to his name move every time you try to click it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

vaginite posted:

You should add Bernie Sanders to the poll but make the little thing next to his name move every time you try to click it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq79wG3DqvI

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Im sure that some people in leadership secretly feel this way, but your assertions that there is some massive conspiracy among democrats to lose the election for president of the United States to the Republican Party seems, uh, implausible

why look for malice when we have stupid ready at hand?

it’s just that they’re so bad and so indifferent and the amount of people joe represents is so small

there’s no joementum

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DO6mZVw9VRM

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1255991505644224514

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Honestly if reality somehow twists itself into an honest to god Trump vs Hillary 2020, I say we just self-nuke.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I'm.with her (emails)

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I'm so burnt out on humanity that I unironically want a Hillary Trump rematch. I want her to lose even more badly than last time and have another epic meltdown while I just sit there going :yeshaha: All I have left is pure spite.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jacobisanadult/status/1256031294947033093?s=19

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pickle Rick

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I'm so burnt out on humanity that I unironically want a Hillary Trump rematch. I want her to lose even more badly than last time and have another epic meltdown while I just sit there going :yeshaha: All I have left is pure spite.

I've said it before but if Hillary is the nominee I'm voting for Trump

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
may as well put Trmpe on the ballot twice

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as bad as biden is in every conceivable way as a politician and humanlike entity, :same:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Hillary vsTrump part II: 2016-redux is by far the funniest outcome and I am all for it

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
hillary replacing biden and then losing again to trump will be the funniest loving thing and since the cucks at the dnc will never allow bernie to get the nomination is exactly what they deserve

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Everyone on earth would hear the collective groan from America when they announced they were giving it to Clinton.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Tulip posted:

Biden's basically ideal, so they'll likely keep him. If they do sub in, if it's not Hilary they'll just go all the way to a current actual Republican, Newt Gingrich or some poo poo.

they didn't want biden it's just that none o the other turds became a dingleberry

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I hate to be a party pooper but it won't be Hillary. That's just her own narcissistic fantasy

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gringostar posted:

hillary replacing biden and then losing again to trump will be the funniest loving thing and since the cucks at the dnc will never allow bernie to get the nomination is exactly what they deserve

Actually I posit that there is a funnier outcome. A Hillary wins outcome that is so loving stupid that it would immediately drag the US into a civil war but would almost be worth it for the content. Imagine if somehow through some impossible bizarre circumstance the election resulted in Hillary winning the EC by less than Trump (especially if it was by one vote) and also losing the popular vote by more than Trump (lets give him a low seven digits margin of victory, ten to twelve million). I mean, this would definitely end in bloodshed and tears, but goddamn it would be so goddamned funny. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Jewel Repetition posted:

I hate to be a party pooper but it won't be Hillary. That's just her own narcissistic fantasy

This is very true, and for the best, but can you imagine

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

“They”

Cspam poster depicted above in the posting mines.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DGS9j3P6a4

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

As long as Biden is technically alive he will be the nominee. If he's not, it'll be his VP pick, who will be either Harris or the Klob.

There is no plan. Biden doesn't know what he's doing, but none of the other dopes do either.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if they really let hillary lose to biden again that's just gonna be super fuckin funny i gotta tell ya

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

the absolute funniest possible outcome is Hillary signing on in hope that Joe croaks, but he not only survives the campaign, but wins, wins the re-election, and survives so the way to the end of his second term, all the while Hillary is stewing in the VP position unable to do anything because all of the Democratic staffers are too incompetent to facilitate cheney style shenanigans. hillary finally croaks January 2029, struck down by morgellons, her last sight being Joe spilling soft serve on the crotch of his pants, last thought just rage at having been cucked out of the presidency one last time

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

I really wonder if she would’ve done better with all of this. The federal response would’ve been more coordinated and not, you know, evil, but it would have spread regardless and the chuds would’ve started rioting day one. Could you image those states being told to stay home by Hillary Clinton? They would’ve assumed she’d created it in the first place. Things would’ve gotten real dark real fast.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I really wonder if she would’ve done better with all of this. The federal response would’ve been more coordinated and not, you know, evil, but it would have spread regardless and the chuds would’ve started rioting day one. Could you image those states being told to stay home by Hillary Clinton? They would’ve assumed she’d created it in the first place. Things would’ve gotten real dark real fast.

why would it not be evil?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
HILLARY HILLARY HILLARY

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

empty whippet box posted:

why would it not be evil?

What I mean is she probably wouldn’t be on television telling people to drink bleach, or egging governors on to open states.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Shear Modulus posted:

i'm also imagining people claiming that bernie shouldn't get it when the winner goes into medical retirement just because he was the runner up, hillary actually beat him! the people have already spoken, they want hillary. they can imagine it removes the main problem with forcing cuomo on everyone

HILLARY HILLARY HILLARY

*froths*

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

What I mean is she probably wouldn’t be on television telling people to drink bleach, or egging governors on to open states.

clinton nor biden would have allowed stimulus checks to reach anyone but the ultra-wealthy, 100% of all money would have gone to the ultra mega rich under a dem administration.

trump saying to drink bleach hurt like 2 dozen people total. it's just a joke otherwise

you're kidding yourself if you think a centrist would do anything more for you than trump

they'd poo poo in our mouths and the centrist dems would thank them for it and praise them for not being trump

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i don't think either of those things matter really, a couple dozen chuds drinking bleach bc strong daddy told them is probably a net good. and instead of the prez it'd be fox news and even more astroturfed teabagger stuff from day 1 as you said.

if anything the $1200 trumpbux wouldn't have even passed bitch mcconnell under hrc.

there'd be less dicking over medical supplies and funnelling it all to the villages in florida, but that's about it.

e; what the guy above said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Koishi Komeiji posted:

remember when she refused to give a concession speech on election night

or before, when she refused to campaign in PA, WI, and MI?

remember how she didn't have a platform or a campaign message?

lol