Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The strange being whose kind is known as "Nu mou" but who has not yet given a name- if even a name is required or is a convention of the people they represent- mutters the following:

take the moon posted:

"the dark forest,

"when I'm with you, oh my brothers,

"go to sleep"

and then they lay down in the camp spot and fall asleep.

You feel a calling to sleep, but you are all able to shrug off the appeal to sleep...

nut

take the moon posted:

"the dark forest,

"when I'm with you, oh my brothers,

"go to sleep"

Buddy’s honed ears perk. those have gotta be some of the strangest lyrics he ever done heard. He plucks about his lute, mumbling the words over and over in a variety of melodies and thinking of a good rhyme for sleep.

>13

Stoner Sloth

>Apart from his bizarrely alien mind, one thing that has not changed about Tak is his immunity to sleeping magics - his elvish nature helping to protect him from any somnolescent effects.

>While largely focused on adapting to his new situation the assassin has not failed to notice the the aloof Nu Mou's strangeness, taking a mental note to investigate this further when the opportunity presents itself.

>For now though he continues in his effort to explore the room to the east of the entrance corridor stealthily.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Apart from his bizarrely alien mind, one thing that has not changed about Tak is his immunity to sleeping magics - his elvish nature helping to protect him from any somnolescent effects.

>While largely focused on adapting to his new situation the assassin has not failed to notice the the aloof Nu Mou's strangeness, taking a mental note to investigate this further when the opportunity presents itself.

>For now though he continues in his effort to explore the room to the east of the entrance corridor stealthily.

The door is trapped, but you are alert and ready for such tricks. This trap is quite elaborate, however- you almost found yourself embarking down the path of arrogance, a trap you yourself had not fallen for before in your assessment of traps. Perhaps this is a Drow trait? Confidence is fine, but to assume a trap is not dangerous without verifying it is not first is foolish, even dangerous.

You will not fall for it again.

Roll a 20

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 6, 2020

Stoner Sloth

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The door is trapped, but you are alert and ready for such tricks. This trap is quite elaborate, however- you almost found yourself embarking down the path of arrogance, a trap you yourself had not fallen for before in your assessment of the trap. Perhaps this is a Drow trait? Confidence is fine, but to assume a trap is not dangerous without verifying it is not first is foolish, even dangerous.

You will not fall for it again.

Roll a 20

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

After sorting through the complex mechanisms involved, you find that it's a pit trap, intended to nake the victim fall into it first and then into a net which shoots the victim up into the air trapped within the netting.

You disarm the trap.

Everyone roll!

Stoner Sloth

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
DMs Note: The trap was a very difficult trap, it required a 25 to find, and a 20 to disarm (Tak's bonuses came in handy).

Heather Snapps is shocked when they hear a voice say "I would stay away from that scimitar that the... Elf? Is wielding. The bat that's been tagging along with you because you saved its life is pretty loyal to you, I'm not sure who or what Dorg is, that Nu Mou is one strange Being, and Llany sure does seem to blow up alot! Oh, and don't worry about sharpening me- you can't. You might end up needing to swing me around sometime soon, though- I got a bad feeling about stuff..."

Heather Snapps seems to be listening to someone, but you can't hear anything.

Heather Papps

hello friend

8!

also, Snapps closes his eyes to listen for a moment, then looks around to make sure no one else is hearing it as well and it's not just another invisible speaker

biosterous

bios is day-sleepy and can't Llany very hard right now!

take the moon

by sebmojo
should anyone happen to glance at the stranger in the next little while, he appears to be having a rough time in his sleep. his face contorts strangely and unsettlingly and some moans escape him from time to time

someone looking at him might feel the friendly thing to do would be to wake up. randomly passing out for no discernable reason isnt a good look after all. however, a countering point might be that this dude is freaking weird and isnt there enough going on?

anyone who wakes up will be hit with a spell. it wont kill you but might somewhat inconvenience you, should the effect be negative as determined by a personal rng system that involves the letters in your name. it might also be positive. should psp permit it will be from the ffta sage spell list and if he wants to set lvl caps or whatever thats fine. i dont really understand how levelling works rn which is funny.

there are more negs than pozes in there but ill still make the rng decision 50/50 and then ofc there will be a dice roll etc. it might suck to come out of a dream and immediately gently caress someone up without understanding why. it might be chill to come out of a fugue with a helpful effect on the cause.

should no one bother to wake him up (totally acceptable) he will emerge from slumber looking like hes seen about a thousand billion ghosts

the more instances the stranger falls asleep, the greater the likelihood he may cast something in his sleep. nature of which is yet to be determined. (he will not fall asleep for literally no reason again unless psp decides its amusing)

take the moon fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 7, 2020

take the moon

by sebmojo
apologies for the sig it slipped in there and i appear to have lost the ability to edit posts lol

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dorg agrees to keep an eye on your strange companion while he rests.

There is a portcullis on the South wall and a door on the South/East wall

Stoner Sloth

>Leaving Dorg to guard the sleeping Nu Mou, Tak checks the new found room for traps/secrets/etc including the portcullis and the south eastern door. He moves now with more confidence in the elvish body that he has acquired, increasingly adapting to it even if his mind still finds it strange and alien.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Leaving Dorg to guard the sleeping Nu Mou, Tak checks the new found room for traps/secrets/etc including the portcullis and the south eastern door. He moves now with more confidence in the elvish body that he has acquired, increasingly adapting to it even if his mind still finds it strange and alien.

Roll

Stoner Sloth

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 12, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The portcullis is quite shut, it may be rusted but there doesn't appear to be a locking mechanism. You leave it for the time being and go to the door. Roll for initiative as a Time Being materializes before you! Just kidding. It's something I heard awhile back and have been waiting to spring it on my D&D group here but we haven't played in awhile before things got crazy, so...

Roll for the door

Stoner Sloth

10 followed by an 11

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

10 followed by an 11

You unlock the door.

When you open the door a very strong smoke smell quickly enters into the room. Everyone roll!

Stoner Sloth

You unlock the door.

When you open the door a very strong smoke smell quickly enters into the room. Everyone roll!

take the moon

by sebmojo
rolled a 10

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Re-roll

take the moon

by sebmojo
5 lol

;_;

biosterous

11 in response to the required roll

5 in an attempt to identify the smell (haha, not gonna get too much with that roll!)

biosterous fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 9, 2020

Heather Papps

hello friend

You unlock the door.

nut

do i roll?! :ohdear: if so 20 and then another 20! so i hope i do roll okay back to the show

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

nut posted:

do i roll?! :ohdear: if so 20 and then another 20! so i hope i do roll okay back to the show

Yes please and because you rolled a 20 and then a 20 you still have to roll again, until you don't roll a 1, or a 10, or another 20

nut

Yes please and because you rolled a 20 and then a 20 you still have to roll again, until you don't roll a 1, or a 10, or another 20

8!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Buddy the Bard stiffens up suddenly, his eyes glaze over and he says, "Oh... oh MY! I know what THIS is!" and he takes off running through the newly unlocked doorway. Moments later, Buddy comes running out of the doorway with a burning brazier clutched in both hands, still churning out smoke. "Alright, I think that's enough of that for now" Buddy says, apparently to the brazier. It immediately stops spewing out billowing columns of smoke.

Everyone is feeling relaxed and happy, and more than a little bit hungry. It dawns on everyone present that the smoke is in fact the same smoke the caterpillar was smoking from the hookah back in Dorg's. Was it really only just last week?

Dorg asks Tak to break out the crossbow and break into all that sweet, sweet food you packed up back in his kitchen...

Stoner Sloth

>Tak obliges the request, taking out his crossbow of holding and providing food for the party. "Nice work Buddy, a good find." the assassin comments.

nut

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak obliges the request, taking out his crossbow of holding and providing food for the party. "Nice work Buddy, a good find." the assassin comments.

Buddy blushes lightly, slowly retreating to a distant corner of the room where he leans the brazier against the wall, begging it to release on an intermediate level of smoke, which he legs cover his feet while beginning a heavy tune in front of his makeshift fog machine

Stoner Sloth

>"So, should we try the portcullis next?" says the hooded assasin bug dark elf, examining it to see whether it is trapped and how to open it. He looks over a moment as Buddy starts to play, the sensation of directly hearing music directly through a set of mammalian ears proving quite new to him. He doesn't let it distract him from his task though, instead simply listening as he goes about his work.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 12, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Heather Snapps seems the likely choice for attempting the heavy, shut gate.

Buddy amuses himself in the corner playing music amidst the smoke.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Snapps seems the likely choice for attempting the heavy, shut gate.

Buddy amuses himself in the corner playing music amidst the smoke.

"okay, lemme just do a couple little stretches here. buddy, could you play something inspiring?"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nut

Heather Papps posted:

"okay, lemme just do a couple little stretches here. buddy, could you play something inspiring?"

Buddy nods sternly, gently tapping the brazier with the pointed toe of his cowboy boot, unleashing a thick floor of smoke nearly reaching his knees. Lifting one foot onto a nearby chair, Buddy rips down the fret board, his fingers playing the rabid spider, attacking each string up the neck and back down again. Sweat visibly drips from beneath his brim.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

nut posted:

Buddy nods sternly, gently tapping the brazier with the pointed toe of his cowboy boot, unleashing a thick floor of smoke nearly reaching his knees. Lifting one foot onto a nearby chair, Buddy rips down the fret board, his fingers playing the rabid spider, attacking each string up the neck and back down again. Sweat visibly drips from beneath his brim.

:dance::peanut::dance:Roll a 20!:dance::peanut::dance:

nut

>7 :megadeath:

Stoner Sloth

>Tak watches the other two and starts to fish into his gear, looking for items that might help with the portcullis if it proves too heavy for an unassisted Heather Snapps to shift. Given all the gear he's got packed away a few possibilities start to emerge but for now he remains quiet, listening to the music and watching the others invisibly.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

16!!!