Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Bernie should have met with Ventura instead of Warren in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

humanzees

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

I would not have expected Jesse ventura to say "you're not a hero if you kill for government"

Thought he was a libertarian chudy type

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
A Ventura campaign would do wonders for James Adomian’s career so naturally I’m here for it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The Alpha Centauri posted:

I would not have expected Jesse ventura to say "you're not a hero if you kill for government"

Thought he was a libertarian chudy type
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1aAG1xVoI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j5S6cczu7w

thewoof
Sep 11, 2006

My eyes are the eyes
of a dead man.
I feel the unholy stream.

I'm switching from Howie to Jesse. I'm a huge homer for upstate NY, so I did not come to this decision lightly.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Lets do this

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Siljmonster posted:

Jesse Ventura is the only person alive to absolutely destroy someone posthumously.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol if jesse ventura runs and pulls enough disaffected voters from both sides to win. this thread needs some of the avenatti thread energy

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
Jesse has, as far as I know, never been accused of sexual assault. This means he is quite simply unelectable.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTLGkQeUjTs&t=84s

We live in such a weird world.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol if jesse ventura runs and pulls enough disaffected voters from both sides to win. this thread needs some of the avenatti thread energy

this thread does not need tremendous loser energy

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this thread does not need tremendous loser energy

i dunno how you can call avenatti a loser when he has won OVER $1 BILLION IN JUDGEMENTS

thewoof
Sep 11, 2006

My eyes are the eyes
of a dead man.

What are some good matches that Ventura wrestled in? I want to brush up on his BODY of work.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Siljmonster posted:

Jesse Ventura is the only person alive to absolutely destroy someone posthumously.

He's been known as The Body.

Then he became The Governing Body.

And recently we thought he evolved into his final form as Jesse "The Corpse Body Victor" Ventura

But now, ladies and gentlemen, he's running to become President of the United States Jesse "The Executive Body" Ventura. God Bless America.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

The Body needs to get into it with Trump online to bui,d some heat

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

He's been known as The Body.

Then he became The Governing Body.

And recently we thought he evolved into his final form as Jesse "The Corpse Body Victor" Ventura

But now, ladies and gentlemen, he's running to become President of the United States Jesse "The Executive Body" Ventura. God Bless America.

this is his campaign slogan and what hes running on

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Jesse Ventura was in a massively enjoyable X-Files episode, season 3 episode 20, "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'"

just one of the many reasons Jesse Ventura should be the President of the United States of America

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The ghost of Chris Kyle eternally bound to this plane of existence forced to haunt Jesse Ventura and being constantly humiliated by him.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Egg Moron posted:

Jesse Ventura was in a massively enjoyable X-Files episode, season 3 episode 20, "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'"

just one of the many reasons Jesse Ventura should be the President of the United States of America

It's my favorite X-Files episode by a wide margin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-C6UvVGHto

It's a Rashomon and a comical one at that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvmoWm63iXA

Great guest appearances too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7SgRpaWpNM

gently caress I love that episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHh6r3IUmJY

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol he is seriously considering being the Green party nominee. he could legit peel a huge chunk of never Trump Republicans, disaffected Democrats and "centrists". I had a thought that if he wins we could end up with Arnold Schwarzenegger as Secretary of State and I think that would be loving hilarious

thewoof
Sep 11, 2006

My eyes are the eyes
of a dead man.

First place is the new 5%.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
As a person who voted for Jesse Ventura, I'd like to encourage you all to not vote for Jesse Ventura.

He's great as an outsider, but he's nothing special as an actual executive.

Although I did once earn a handshake from him by naming all six Japanese aircraft carriers present at Midway when I met him at a breakfast in 2000.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

well he hasn't raped anyone--that we know of--so that right there puts him at the tippity top of the list

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Zeroisanumber posted:

As a person who voted for Jesse Ventura, I'd like to encourage you all to not vote for Jesse Ventura.

Although I did once earn a handshake from him by naming all six Japanese aircraft carriers present at Midway when I met him at a breakfast in 2000.

this makes Ventura infinitely better than the alternative options

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fleetwood posted:

this makes Ventura infinitely better than the alternative options

His governor's portrait is completely batshit and awesome

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

we dont have to worry about him actually being an executive though

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

we dont have to worry about him actually being an executive though

You can't ask for a better old man if you want to get wasted and listen to war stories about the AWA and the early days of WWE.

I got a genuine smile because my college rear end in a top hat question was about Verne Gange.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlCVnM5Daf8

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Zeroisanumber posted:

His governor's portrait is completely batshit and awesome

we're a long way from the 90s

this will be the presidential portrait

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
RIP AND TEAR

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

In our darkest hour, a hero will rise

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Crazypoops posted:

In our darkest hour, a hero will rise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56OhXUuY2RE

Run for Prez goddammit

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spergin Morlock posted:

he could legit peel a huge chunk of never Trump Republicans

Never Trump Republicans (I'd count myself as one) are concerned above all else as being perceived as The Adults in the Room, so I think it's doubtful a significant portion of them are going to vote for Jesse Ventura running on the Green ticket. Also they barely exist anyway.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Feeling pretty smart for holding onto this for 20 years

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

General Dog posted:

Never Trump Republicans (I'd count myself as one) are concerned above all else as being perceived as The Adults in the Room, so I think it's doubtful a significant portion of them are going to vote for Jesse Ventura running on the Green ticket. Also they barely exist anyway.

loving lol.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

General Dog posted:

Never Trump Republicans (I'd count myself as one)

gently caress off

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

General Dog posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navigation
Sep 30, 2009

General Dog posted:

what parts of the pre-trump republican platform/actions did you love