Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

Never Trump Republicans (I'd count myself as one) are concerned above all else as being perceived as The Adults in the Room, so I think it's doubtful a significant portion of them are going to vote for Jesse Ventura running on the Green ticket. Also they barely exist anyway.

Please tell me what part of Trump made you feel like the Republican party had gone too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Cloaked posted:

what parts of the pre-trump republican platform/actions did you love

I bet it was the white supremacy without the vulgarity.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

i prefer my fascists to at least be a little bit nice

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Gumball Gumption posted:

Please tell me what part of Trump made you feel like the Republican party had gone too far.

Nothing policy-wise, I just felt that his temperament and inability to take advice made him uniquely unfit for the position. I just wanted someone who would be a competent custodian of American hegemony, and who wouldn’t do so much damage to the Republican brand for future generations.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

General Dog posted:

Nothing policy-wise, I just felt that his temperament and inability to take advice made him uniquely unfit for the position. I just wanted someone who would be a competent custodian of American hegemony, and who wouldn’t do so much damage to the Republican brand for future generations.

A4R8 posted:

I bet it was the white supremacy without the vulgarity.

:laffo:

A4R8 has issued a correction as of 20:14 on May 3, 2020

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

General Dog posted:

Never Trump Republicans (I'd count myself as one) are concerned above all else as being perceived as The Adults in the Room, so I think it's doubtful a significant portion of them are going to vote for Jesse Ventura running on the Green ticket. Also they barely exist anyway.

gently caress you gently caress off

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

General Dog posted:

You do not belong here friend

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

from 2012 to 2016, way more voters as a % went third party

libertarian 0.99% -> 3.28%
green 0.36% -> 1.07%

it would be hilarious if jesse's strongman persona soaks up these libertarian votes

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

this may be too bleak and irony pilled for me tbh

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

General Dog posted:

:yikes:

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

General Dog posted:

Nothing policy-wise,

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1257040185142898688

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

The Mind

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

That's how you loving win

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

The Body

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
jesse ventura turns 69 this year, in case you needed another reason 2 vote 4 him

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

anime was right posted:

jesse ventura turns 69 this year, in case you needed another reason 2 vote 4 him

Youngest candidate in 8 years

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
actually served in Vietnam unlike joe bonespurs and Donald asthma

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I think my appreciation for Jesse has moved beyond irony or "well at least he doesn't rape." Every quote or clip of him I think "yep he's right" and him not being a giant fuckin pussy like Bernie is a breath of fresh air.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Gobblecoque posted:

I think my appreciation for Jesse has moved beyond irony or "well at least he doesn't rape." Every quote or clip of him I think "yep he's right" and him not being a giant fuckin pussy like Bernie is a breath of fresh air.

i feel the same way even if i dont agree with every single position hes had

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Ventura simply coming out and saying "I am the only candidate who supports legal marijuana" would generate significant interest.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Howie should at least consider letting Jesse be VP so he can go nuts at the sickos and build up hype. Howie can curb his more eccentric beliefs

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

A4R8 posted:

The Body

The Man

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

So you miss when the violence, pain, and oppression were painted as being the adult thing to do instead of getting sociopathic joy out of it. Gotcha.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNledUIrg0

quote:

Cornelius Harvey McGillicuddy (born August 12, 1967), popularly known as Connie Mack IV, is a politician and lobbyist. He is the former U.S. Representative for Florida's 14th congressional district, serving from 2005 to 2013. A Republican, he ran for the U.S. Senate in 2012, losing to Democrat Bill Nelson. He subsequently began a career in lobbying and currently represents Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán, among others. He has been paid more than $2.5 million to lobby on behalf of Orban's regime. He is the son of former Republican U.S. Senator Connie Mack III and the great-grandson of legendary baseball manager Connie Mack.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
double post

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

The Legend

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Egg Moron posted:

Ventura simply coming out and saying "I am the only candidate who supports legal marijuana" would generate significant interest.
the libertarian candidate will probably endorse this position as well

but this would definitely score ventura another rogan interview

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Howie should at least consider letting Jesse be VP so he can go nuts at the sickos and build up hype. Howie can curb his more eccentric beliefs
howie's a russiagating loser

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

General Dog posted:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I will cast my vote for the Body :hai:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Jesse needs to get the noise band The Body into his campaign, imho

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Have you checked out the lateral deltoid lately?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

comedyblissoption posted:

the libertarian candidate will probably endorse this position as well

but this would definitely score ventura another rogan interview

then just amend it slightly "I am the only candidate who supports legal marijuana who will not lower the age of consent to 14 nationwide"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
who do y'all want ventura to pick as his VP?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX29YJK8448

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llbXqtF77jg

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHU5D2O31vs

Could bring Kane as part of a Unity Administration

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Mayor Kane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

dan soder doing his macho man impression