Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

gently caress an apology, I want at least an explanation lol. That was so out of nowhere and baffling and it's honestly the part about the PPJ saga that has me laugh when I think about it.

:coupons:

a fun bad mod tactic when they've been explicitly forbidden from loving with a forum/thread is to get a pet ik or lesser mod to do it for them

the thin blue line mentality helps them call in favors really easily too

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 11:06 on May 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

yeah it's not a grand conspiracy, the mod of coupons is just an admin and ppj prob dropped him a line to "control the rabble when nobody else is around" or some poo poo so he just shrugged and went "ok that sounds reasonable"

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

don't get me wrong, it's extremely loving funny that a guy who's admin because he's been the mod of 5 super-inactive subforums for a decade got drafted into harsh probing a bunch of people rightfully calling a fellow mod a nazi, but this is the one particular case I'd say is just incompetence from that tired quote.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still love how the whole ppj saga basically ended up with cspam laughing too hard to be mad after he self-banned

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
please stop erasing dr. eldarion !!!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

dex_sda posted:

yeah it's not a grand conspiracy, the mod of coupons is just an admin and ppj prob dropped him a line to "control the rabble when nobody else is around" or some poo poo so he just shrugged and went "ok that sounds reasonable"

I was not there but I'm guessing it was this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Yinlock posted:

a fun bad mod tactic when they've been explicitly forbidden from loving with a forum/thread is to get a pet ik or lesser mod to do it for them

the thin blue line mentality helps them call in favors really easily too

Lol at your mod conspiracy theories

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Homeless Friend posted:

why does arfjason get such a fearsome rep, its bullsh*t idiocracy

ftfy

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
why am i being mentioned in the cspam thread i dont event post in here

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
unless is to back Arf because we bros

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

When I said before that there's probably a healthy and an unhealthy way to have an ongoing conversation about the state of the forums and our place within the larger forums ecosystem, doing FYAD: THREAT OR MENACE again feels like it falls squarely in the "unhealthy" category.

I like Arf and wish he would actually hang with us instead of spamtroll, but even his trolling is usually kind of funny when it's not just on autopilot.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lucavi posted:

why am i being mentioned in the cspam thread i dont event post in here

Why are you reading CSPAM? I thought you guys were terrified of us?

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
if u say my name twice i appear

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

arf is a good poster and his trolling of cspam is often funny

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

dex_sda posted:

arf is a good poster and his trolling of cspam is often funny

I concur

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

Remember when FYAD got deleted and somehow schoolyard bullies like Arf got perma'd and somehow Arf, Lucavi, and woozy all somehow avoided a perma and Jack Daniels somehow got his perma reversed after being a huge piece of poo poo? LMFAO

Elephant Ambush posted:

These people still think they're the funny ones who dictate what comedy is on these forums lol
These posts loving suck, have nothing to do with the topic, and serve only to invite drama. Apparently the mods are fine with this but I just wanted to say "shut the gently caress up elephant ambush"

Guess it really is time to close the thread!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I get kinda annoyed with how people in here get purposefully obtuse or lovely when LGBT stuff comes up in conversations. I don’t like seeing dumb poo poo about how Pete Buttigieg is actually a fake gay or soneone obnoxiously telling me trans-related things are dumb and that they want to talk about something else.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

These posts loving suck, have nothing to do with the topic, and serve only to invite drama. Apparently the mods are fine with this but I just wanted to say "shut the gently caress up elephant ambush"

im gonna say: last call for replies before we close it. its first thing in the morning on the west coast, so lets give them about six hours to wake up and think of anything they wanna say.

so, closing the thread about six hours from when i post this. new thread will come in no less than six weeks, no more than three months, depending on how things seem to be going. this is new, so we havent quite figured out what works best timing-wise

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SunAndSpring posted:

I get kinda annoyed with how people in here get purposefully obtuse or lovely when LGBT stuff comes up in conversations. I don’t like seeing dumb poo poo about how Pete Buttigieg is actually a fake gay or soneone obnoxiously telling me trans-related things are dumb and that they want to talk about something else.
The Butt being a fake gay stuff is probatable, and I don't think that second thing has ever happened. CSPAM's got a lot of LGBT and specifically trans posters and is good about discussing those issues.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

report that poo poo relentlessly, even if you think a mod has already seen it. it really isnt great

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

thank u

twoday
May 4, 2005

closing thread, one last call for vitriol so finish your whiskey or beer
closing thread, you don’t have to log off but you can’t post here

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Calabanibal should post more.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
no vitriol, stay safe, these are though times

seeya

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
no mods

no masters

free crazycloud

free benghazi2

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Post and let post, I always say

twoday
May 4, 2005

Lucavi posted:

seeya

Yes, I was being sarcastic, everyone try to be nice to each other and offer any useful feedback for c-spam you may have, and try to avoid interforum flame wars in these final hours of the feedback thread. Please try to leave QCS and other parts of the forums out of it, as I mentioned before we can not change that.

twoday has issued a correction as of 15:53 on May 15, 2020

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Probably Magic posted:

Calabanibal should post more.

I believe he self-banned? I don’t think we banned him, anyway.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah, calib self-banned after Super Tuesday IIRC. I was sad to see them self-ban but there wasn't really anywhere else for their gimmick to go, probably best to just start with a new account and persona if anything (or just go back to seriousposting on their main)

o7 to a real one

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

report that poo poo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

calibanibal self-banned, then i think they rebought their acct. then they got blasted in the bernie toxx bans

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Hello, I read the alt-right, internet culture warriors and hot takes threads. And also this thread.
Now, back to lurking.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
this thread was good for blowing off steam and thanks to the mods for "calls to violence" clarifications. Can y'all type something up and put it in the rules thread?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lucavi posted:

seeya

:cheers:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Who'd be scared of a bunch of larpers?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DisDisDis posted:

have you ever been to a larp? can you understand the extreme emotions, the high stakes, and the stale pizza rolls? larpers are not to be trifled with. they are ready, at any moment, to accept an invite to a meticulously planned event and then text at the last minute they can't make it because they have to "buy more ranch dressing". these are people that spend hours avoiding the most tedious tasks just for the sole satisfaction of saying they were involved without doing anything. don't underestimate larpers. i did and i paid the price.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

ill have you know ive posted 'kill all cops' in several somethingawful threads with at least 5000 views. this is what radical leftist action looks like, b*tch *sees a cop in real life and nods vaguely at him, which he returns*

edit: anyway my real take is that there's like 10 people in this forum who will ever show up to a local political meeting, much less actually engage in violence, so rather than looking at probes from a 'this is DANGEROUS' perspective people should just be probed for being exceedingly, excruciatingly lame. fortunately most of the calls for violence also fall into that category

Endorph has issued a correction as of 18:21 on May 15, 2020

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

oxsnard posted:

this thread was good for blowing off steam and thanks to the mods for "calls to violence" clarifications. Can y'all type something up and put it in the rules thread?

new rules will be a thing but are also kind of a pain because you have to sit and write them and then workshop them to make sure you didn’t write anything dumb and yeah I wouldn’t expect this like, today.

maybe this weekend if you’re lucky and we don’t drink too much

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DisDisDis posted:

A bunch of folks who like to post in qcs certainly pretend to be for the sake of kayfabe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the larp/kayfabe wars