Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog
I've played a lot over the weekend and I have more free time now. I should have the next one up next week. There are some other things that have played out differently but I'm going to put it in the video instead of updating the thread.
I was caught up but I think I need to redo day 6 and maybe day 5! I didn't get the dream of Taya, and I've realized you need to do the quest to test out the antibiotics first. I was behind on that quest, I need to go back and make sure to do it. I'm okay missing some things but I don't want to miss that!
I've had a few quests with slightly different outcomes for different reasons, but there's one major change.

drygear fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog
Happy Halloween! I managed to make some good progress, so I have two videos for you.

The first is a catchup reel of things that are different this time, or that I missed the first time around. It was originally intended to be the beginning of the next episode, but it ended up becoming a lot longer than I expected so I made it a separate video. It has some cool art from the artbook that comes with the game- I think it's paid DLC that I got for kickstarting it. I'm always a little nervous to look through it because it's a potential minefield of spoilers but I decided it would make the video better.
Intermission: Starting Over And Catching Up

And here's the new episode
Episode 23- Meeting Murky's Friend
This game is a bastard!

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog
My next one will almost certainly be up by next weekend. It's almost done, I've been taking some extra time to edit it- speeding some parts up, cutting others. I discovered something really cool while editing it that I will reveal in the video.
The main thing I wanted to post is that Josh Sawyer/ropekid has been streaming this game, it looks like he's going in blind. The link to the archived first video is here: https://twitch.tv/videos/787382850
I almost want to take credit for it because a couple of weeks ago he posted something on twitter about skill checks in video game conversations and I told him this is a game where it feels like other characters are constantly picking those kinds of options against you.

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog
Happy Sunday everyone. The new video is here for you. I edited this one a little more heavily, there are more cuts and sped up sections. I think it's an improvement but I'm mostly going by intuition and figuring where to do it as it goes. Also I've probably pointed this out before but I play around with the audio levels a lot, I like to bring the game's volume way up in certain sections. I'm trying to balance it so it doesn't get too loud that you'll feel the need to turn your volume down during those parts but if it needs some improvement let me know.
As for the content of this video, I made a very obviously bad decision hoping it would help, but on the other hand I have a moment of triumph in this episode.
One more thing, the sound design in this game is so good, and I'm learning how much I can lean on it with these videos. Like I said, just have spaces where I'm not talking and let the soundtrack do the work. If you watched my Thief 2 LP I liked to edit music into almost every episode to make my mistakes more interesting to watch, but I'm not adding any of the music into this game, except for the Sopranos theme song when I got a gun and my 2nd intermission. Which means in this episode the music that happens to play fits amazingly well.

Episode 24: The Inquisitor