Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

I was so blown away by the Star of David I didn't notice the swastika until I looked at it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Buttcoin purse posted:

I was so blown away by the Star of David I didn't notice the swastika until I looked at it again.

poo poo me either.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
idgi is dan a jew or a nazi :confused:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

idgi is dan a jew or a nazi :confused:

Clearly he's a self hating jewnazi

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m confused by this messaging

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Star of Danvid.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Anyone wanna take one for the team and post this article from the arse? I must know the text.

Bunnings’ confidential business research that Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews ‘ignored’

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
The Search For A Cure Has Hit A Snag: Why Vic. Gov Suppressed Bunnings Research.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Zetsubou-san posted:

The Search For A Cure Has Hit A Snag: Why Vic. Gov Suppressed Bunnings Research.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hambeet posted:

I’m confused by this messaging

I think everyone is.

I like how despite there are so many different ways you can read what they actually meant from this, still somehow none of them are good.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

quote:

A confidential research report commissioned by hardware giant Bunnings and handed to the Victorian government highlighted that keeping busy was essential to “staying sane” during the tight stage-four regulations.
It also found people in Melbourne were getting increasingly frustrated, with more than a third surveyed saying more should be done to ease restrictions.
The survey and report, conducted by Quantum Market Research and obtained by The Australian, found most Victorians who intended to complete at least one home-improvement activity in the months to come indicated that doing so would contribute positively to their mental health.
Women were significantly likelier than men to feel more lonely as a result of the COVID-19 restrictions (54 per cent versus 44 per cent men), as were those aged 18 to 39 (62 per cent), the report found.
This was combined with the survey’s finding that most Victorians believed Bunnings demonstrated high levels of com­pli­ance with COVID-safety rules and regulations, and nine in 10 agreed that when stores such as Bunnings actively enforced things such as mask wearing and social distancing, it reinforced that everyone should be following the rules.
However, it was this report and others handed to the Victorian government in recent weeks as it conducted consultation to create a pathway out of stage-four restrictions that many business leaders believe were ultimately ignored.
Furthermore, there is growing disquiet among business and industry leaders into the way consultation between Victorian govern­ment ministers and business representatives took place, with meetings called without much notice and almost 100 people joining a conference call.
These consultations took the form of “information sessions” rather than two-way conversations about dragging the Victorian economy out of its suffocating restrictions, according to those who attended the meetings. That frustration boiled over on Sunday when Wesfarmers chief executive Rob Scott and Bunnings boss Michael Schneider hit out at the Victorian government for what they saw as a failure to engage meaningfully with business.
“In Victoria, Wesfarmers businesses employ around 30,000 team members and we have not had any meaningful engagement with the government around retail operations and nor any feedback as to whether our retail network presents any risks to the community,’’ Mr Scott said after Premier Daniel Andrews released his plans to extract the state from stage-four restrictions.
On Monday, Business Council of Australia chief executive Jennifer Westacott said the reopening plan released on Sunday was a “long, long, long way from where we need to be”. “And that means more job losses, it means business will fail, it will mean some businesses leave Victoria,” Ms Westacott said.
“We want to work with (state government) to say, well, why is it that a business that’s got a COVIDSafe plan can’t open where they haven’t got any transmission? Why is it that a region that has got zero cases, that hasn’t had any cases, why can’t they go to a more comprehensive opening? How do we get more predictability in this?”
The report prepared by Quantum and commissioned by Wesfarmers-owned Bunnings survey­ed 1005 Victorian shoppers between August 21 and 26, before Mr Andrews issued his pathway from stage-four restrictions.
The report concludes there is a strong link between remaining active while enduring home isolation and maintaining mental health, but also that those surveyed believed the large-format store should be able to create a COVID-19 safe environment.

With its stores closed to non-tradie shoppers, Bunnings has witnessed a boom in online shopping, but it said buying online was not always the most efficient way to shop.
The survey found 63 per cent of Victorians agreed that keeping busy was essential to “staying sane”, while 69 per cent said the staying home restrictions presented a good opportunity to get some jobs done around the house.
Most Victorians (82 per cent) who intended to complete at least one home-improvement activity in the months to come indicated that doing so would contribute positively to their mental health.
A visit to Bunnings noticeably improved the health and wellbeing of two in five (41 per cent) Victorians, while 92 per cent would be at least somewhat comfortable visiting a Bunnings store, post-stage four restrictions.
Most Victorians said Bunnings demonstrated high levels of compliance with COVID safety rules and regulations. In addition, 87 per cent agreed that when stores such as Bunnings enforced personal hygiene measures such as mask wearing and social distancing, it reminded everyone to follow the rules. Three in four (72 per cent) agreed that Bunnings stores “are large enough to make social distancing easy”.
The report also found as the pandemic continued and its impacts intensified, there was an increasing sense of burden, partic­ularly among those juggling work and children.
“The need to feel comfortable at home has become more necessary than ever. Bunnings has a significant role to play in support this activity and helping Victorians manage their mental health,’’ the report says. “The availability of resources from Bunnings encourages Victorians to stay at home and invest in those home projects.”
However, it says despite consumers demonstrating a clear desire for Bunnings to reopen if res­trictions ease, they do not feel excep­tions should be made for the chain if restrictions are extended.
'Telling people to follow rules reminds people to follow rules'. 'People intending to do a home improvement project believe it'll be worthwhile'. I love how most people would be "at least somewhat" happy to go to bunnings when you know the options were "not happy" "somewhat happy" "very happy" and "deliriously happy"

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Most people who intend to do home improvement think it will be good for them. Thanks Bunnings!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Just do some loving exercise.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

Just do some loving exercise.

yeah this too

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

bandaid.friend posted:

'Telling people to follow rules reminds people to follow rules'. 'People intending to do a home improvement project believe it'll be worthwhile'. I love how most people would be "at least somewhat" happy to go to bunnings when you know the options were "not happy" "somewhat happy" "very happy" and "deliriously happy"

Thank you, that was more beautiful than I hoped.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Had someone in an online uni tute today banging on about how lockdown is bullshit and the with-the-virus-not-from-the-virus line, and you'd really have hoped that a humanities student would have developed better critical thinking skills at this point rather than parroting Facebook

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
If Bunnings is shut down we don't get people like this (up to about 3:10 in the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrlrLFY7ydc

Snagged. Will wait till the site gets sold or whatever.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Dealing quickly and efficiently with a pandemic is probably better than building a lovely spice rack imo.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

lol

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-09/nsw-government-koalas-fight-escalates-under-barilaro-threats/12646696

quote:

Four Nationals MPs are threatening to plunge the NSW Government into minority if the koala protection policy isn't changed — and they have the support of their leader.
They're concerned it will limit land use on farms and the ability to rezone areas for development.
Under the new policy, more trees are classed as koala habitat which will restrict the clearing of land.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2020-09-09/environment-scientists-censored-suppressed-data/12643824

quote:

More than half of environmental scientists working for Australian federal and state governments report having been "prohibited from communicating scientific information", according to the results of a new survey.

Conveying information on threatened species was most commonly reported to have been the subject of suppression or interference, according to the report published in Conservation Letters this week.
Australia has one of the worst records globally for mammal extinctions and increased scientific communication and protection is vital, Dr Ritchie said.
"[According to our data] government scientists are the ones being most suppressed," he said.
"The threatened species list is over 1,800 species long and they're not recovering. It shows a lack of governance and transparency in what we're doing about the extinction crisis."
Government workers also said they had been restricted from speaking out on climate change and logging.
Of the government respondents who had experienced suppression of their work, senior management was cited as the most common source, followed by workplace policy and in 63 per cent of cases, a minister's office.
haha stump grinder go brrrrr

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Pikehead posted:

Snagged. Will wait till the site gets sold or whatever.

FYI there's a thread in QCS for donating to charity and the admins will avatar you up for it

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://twitter.com/gregmlarsen/status/1302429509396783105

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Love me some Greg Larsen. Does anyone think the government has heard the myth of Pandora's box? "Cause this poo poo is getting tedious from fortress WA.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

screaden posted:

Love it when companies accidentally reveal they pay like poo poo

Also I know people who have worked at these places and it suuuuuucks. Just awful, awful work and you will smell like dead animal forever more. The stink doesn't wash off.

Not to mention meat places seem to be very susceptible to outbreaks.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-08/teys-australia-says-jobseeker-driving-record-high-vacancy-rate/12640036

Lmao, shot-chaser.

JobKeeper blamed as Australia's biggest meat processor, JBS, sheds 600 jobs

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's Spring.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Eurocentric seasons applied to Australia are dumb at least thats what I read on twitter ripping bongs. Anyway I call it bird fuckin o'clock and it's almost over by the looks of it

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

is this actually something related to COVID or was the company being run like poo poo beforehand. Really weird how there's a livestock shortage but something something live export.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Eurocentric seasons applied to Australia are dumb at least thats what I read on twitter ripping bongs. Anyway I call it bird fuckin o'clock and it's almost over by the looks of it

Leave the birds alone

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

is this actually something related to COVID or was the company being run like poo poo beforehand. Really weird how there's a livestock shortage but something something live export.

JobKeeper/JobSeeker is actually distorting the employment market - the federal government is going to have to tweak the rules. Not sure how they're going to manage it, because it's like trying to shave off a bit here and there on a sledgehammer while it's being used to knock down a wall.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
https://twitter.com/Vic_Rollison/status/1303805521162452993

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

*sees waterdrop, chuckles and moves on*

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
What god-awful ideology does the water drop signify?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

It started out to protest the Murray water shenanigans or something - I can't even remember - but is now an indication that the user is a die-hard broken-brain Labor partisan

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1303873281963913216

:shobon:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The Nats want more dead Koalas.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amoeba102 posted:

What’s more important to you huh? koalas or water intensive crops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Amoeba102 posted:

Not a fan of the Nationals, but, well, really? They couldn't complain-but-knuckle-under-anyways? Do the NSW Nationals have any idea of how badly this will play with the general public?

It's going to be interesting to see who is going to blink first (NSW Liberals or Nationals), and what sort of figleaf compromise is going to happen to get everyone to play well with each other.