Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

Also get yourself a manual impact driver, the kind you hit with a hammer. It's basically a required tool to work on old bikes with lovely screws and it will probably save you a lot of drilling.

I have one of those and it's literally never worked. How on earth could I be operating it incorrectly? Maybe all my nuts and screws were beyond hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

Did you set it so that it turns left when you hit it, instead of right?

Dolphin posted:

Thanks for that, I ordered a couple. I still have to replace the ignition but I think I can rekey one the same as the steering lock, tank and seat. Speaking of which...

Impact screwdriver did work.

You have to reset the thing every time you hit it with the hammer. Stick the driver in the screw head, twist it to the left, smack, repeat. I did it the wrong direction for the longest time and it only ever stripped screws. You can also twist the tip to the right before using it to make sure.

Yes, I have that exact one, and am doing all that, and all it does is either strip the screw head, or have zero effect. :sigh: One of these days it will pay for itself.

It's me, the guy who can't work simple machines like inclined planes.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 21, 2020