Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The main take-away message that I'm getting is that Irregulars don't have to pay any fealty to the King, everyone else including His Princesses enter on His Sufferance, which explains the hostility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Who knows, S2 isn't coming out for a long long time. May as well break out the manwha. And since we already have a grasp of the setting and themes of the story, it shouldn't be an insurmountable task.

Anyway I find Rachel more pitiable than hateable, her mistake is being unable to step back and assess the whole situation, making everything about herself, and letting herself become a pawn of greater powers. Who will throw her into a pit with much less hesitation than she ever could.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Rachel wasn't the only victim of this anti-Jahad conspiracy, Hoh too was also manipulated into destroying himself.

And if Bam could find it within him to forgive Hoh, he will be able to forgive Rachel. Not as easily, not as cleanly. He's not going to be the same kind innocent boy he was with Rachel and Khun and Rak, but neither do I see him behaving cruelly and destroy others with nary a thought. I see him slowly coming to an understanding of Rachel's perspective, and being mature enough to step back.

He is not fully aligned with the anti-Jahadists that threw him off the tower to hide him from Jahad's eyes. He did not take the hand offered out to him, he stood up on his own. He'll train with these people for now, but will make no assumptions.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Would you believe me if I say I haven't read any further? I'm only working off inferences: Headon and the girl who got her eye popped out by Bam powering up engineered Hoh's death and Rachel's attempt to murder Bam. The King seems like a tyrant who has angered a great many people. Bam is a very special boy who is important to people who want to use him against Jahad. Bam also doesn't seem like someone who'd turn into a Khun after something minor like a betrayal.

The thing I really have no idea of is: are the people who oppose Jahad people who simply want to replace him, or do they want to straight up remove the systems of hierarchy that Jahad has implemented? If the former, then Bam not taking eyepatch girl's hand signifies that he wants to forge his own path. If the latter, then the fact that he didn't take her hand is an actual part of his training.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I know! But she’s still unbelievably short sighted, because Bam is not defined by his bullshit superpowers that he has hardly worked for, but by his genuine kindness and unwillingness to play into the brutal hierarchy games that everyone else has internalized and labor under. He’s less their leader, and more their mascot, their head of state. She should know, she raised him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
My interpretation is that Jahad and his retinue were the first to climb this trans dimensional tower, past the floor guardians/administrators/whatever you call those monstrosities, leaving behind a trail of corpses and tears. The act traumatized Him so badly that he used his newly godlike powers to institute a brutal system of hierarchy. His subjects now must retract His steps to be deemed worthy to be slotted into His system.