Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I tried reading the webtoon but being spoiled by the animation and then going to that art is real rough. Maybe this season of anime will end far enough in the future that I'll be able to pick up at that point?

Also, if Khun's bag makes chocolate copies, and the crown copies dissapear, does that mean Rak always wants more chocolate because it keeps disappearing from his tummy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Endorsi is cool but it's kinda hard to know who in the cast it's okay to root for with how the teams have been shaken up.

Seems pretty likely horny guy is a smile on the outside/mad on the inside who wants to find out how Bam managed to turn himself into Shinsu.

Anaak's backstory is interesting but I can't really root for her since her whole role so far has been being kinda battlecrazy and bitchy.

What class is Khun? He seems like a Scout-y type but we already have our Scout in Mr Tracksuit so I figure he must be a Lightbearer, which seemed like the most interesting class.

I look forward to Bam shooting someone with Shinsu next week and accidentally murdering them because he's got supershinsu or whatever

Arianya fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 6, 2020

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Yeah I want to give Rachel the benefit of the doubt but she's super duper not very appealing at the moment.

Feed Bam a bunch of lines about friendship and being there for others and then peaces out to go to the Tower.

When Bam does the unthinkable and follows her into the murderdeathtower decides she needs to :sever: because friendship makes you weak.

Like even if Bam does turn out to be some unholy monstrosity that she was trying to keep under control after he lost his memory, she's just kinda a jerk about it to be honest.

Endorsi is kinda growing on me which is pretty impressive given I normally hate "bratty princess" archetypes. She's straddling that line between amusing and annoying impressively.

King of Jahad sounds like he's kind of an rear end in a top hat but I guess we'll wait to see since he'll undoubtedly be central to this story as The Only Person To Clear.

I presume they skipped over it or I've forgotten but the whole dealio is that they're all getting points for classes/clearing tests/etc but they spend points every time they need food or medical care or whatever? I guess that makes a bit more sense as to "injuries are your own responsibility", though it seems real rough for someone like the Fishermen who you would think would get injured in the course of training more often then say, a Lightbearer.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Real cool of Crunchyroll to post a video on youtube with Hoh holding a knife to Rachel's neck in the thumbnail like, an hour after the episode aired :colbert:

The real mystery of the episode is what happened to silent man/giant red oni. He/it clearly reacted to Rachel being stabbed and then just disappeared, but the test director/Lero didn't seem fazed so presumably there's something going on there that was a polite fiction.

My guess would be that he/it was a familiar/summon/other of Rachel's that was meant to keep her safe, hence why she passed the massive murder mosh pit in her first test despite so far showing no aptitude for combat.

That does open a question as to whether someone else in giant red oni's class just gets to pass now though, since it's ceased to exist. What class was it?

Endorsi is really the character that came out of last place to win my love. She's like Khun in that she's playing the Tower way better then most other contestants, but her princess-schtick gives her a bit more charisma. I'm glad she and Khun are going to be recurring characters because they seem like they'll play well off each other.

While I normally abhor internal monologues in anime I feel like they could have played up Bang mastering that technique a bit more? Apparently from spoilers I saw inadvertently it takes Rankers years to grasp that technique which seems like a pretty big eyebrow raiser.

Pretty good episode overall, honestly.

I'm glad next episode will be moving on to the next floor/whatever because I'm a little tired of angry red napoleon complex and coffee drinking serene guy.

Lero can stay though.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I think Tower was asking if everyone who makes a contract sees GIANT EYEBALL OF DOOM or if Bam was already special in seeing that.

If Irregulars are such bad news it's a wonder that Rankers don't kill them on sight. Maybe Hedon gets pissy if you try to kill Irregulars.

Would make sense if Irregulars are considered bad by Jahad's point of view but Hedon don't give a poo poo.

Was a pretty good episode. Except for the continued existence of Paracule, I really don't like him.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Which is kinda weird because no one really seems bothered when Bam or even other Regulars ask questions about stuff that should be "the norms"

The fact that everyone is ignoring the disappearance of Slow feels kinda weird. It clearly had something to do with Rachel and given that Bam clearly knows her and is an Irregular, surely people now realise Rachel is also an Irregular?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I'm not sure I buy "betraying to keep him from whatever shady business she has" when she just pushed him into a giant underground lake which (at the moment) Bam has no way out of and is sinking into in unconsciousness having already gotten beaten up and exhausted from fighting the Bull.

Also for real I could atleast buy like, self interest or fear of Bam if she had done this when the Bull was around as a "I just need to be faster then you"/"it's after you not me" thing but this just seems... dickish.

As someone else mentioned, she's been planning a lie for a while since she faked being paraplegic just to... what, lure Bam into an elaborate betrayal trap?

Given that Bam turned into Shinsu in the crown game I'm guessing he's going to do something similar here to escape death since I somewhat doubt the show is going to kill off Baam here, and the way they've set up this test precludes a "you failed the test but live!" scenario given the Administrator test seems to just straight up be "haha get hosed you lose you die" and they're "not allowed to interfere".

Gonna be real dissapointed in Bam/this show if he's still clinging to the idea of Rachel after this though. At the very least the motley gang should slap the poo poo out of him if the word "Rachel" is not promptly followed by "is a bitch" out of his lips.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

axelord posted:

You probably need a good team to climb the tower. Bam grabbing all the best people could be standing in the way of her getting to the top.

Or maybe she is just a poo poo person for some reason took pity on Bam. All her lessons and teaching Bam to be a good person was teaching him not to be like her. She may see his goodness as a weakness making it harder for everyone to reach the top.

That doesn't really make sense either though since the unifying factor of the "team" was Khun/Anaak/etc and their love of Bam. Without him, quite possible that for example Anaak and the other Jahaad Princess just gently caress off to eat lunch.

Like yeah, if they stay together maybe they'll pity take Rachel to start with but her lie here is that she's a paraplegic dead weight, so either she has to be Miraculously Healed or she's going to be first on the chopping block because no one in the team feels the way Bam did about her and so no one has any real motivation to carry her (both metaphorically and literally).

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

galagazombie posted:

Is there some kind of time fuckery going on re: Bam and Rachel. She left a little before or at the same time as him but arrived at the tests later, and she doesn't seem to have aged a day since she left but Bam looks like he was a lot younger in those flashbacks.

I'm just an anime watcher but it seems like there was... some amount of time dilation/delay going on with the whole thing? Certainly the way Rachel talks about him seems like "I've not seen him for 4 months" style thing.

I'm not sure where Rachel would have been before reaching this floor though. Maybe there's a pre-deathgame bootcamp outside of the Tower or something that regulars go through?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

nimby posted:

Rachel's not a regular though. She's an irregular that opened the door to the Tower herself, or more likely tricked the door by using Baam as a key to unlock it and then get in as he didn't know anything about how the Tower works.

This part still feels weird to me though because like

The revelation that Baam was an irregular had everyone going "whaaa Baam is an irregular??? :o" and no one really paid attention to Rachel or the fact that she must implicitly be an irregular.

She doesn't get to see the administrator, and the Jahad Enforcement Unit guy doesn't even send Bull after "them", just after "him" (i.e. Bam). I can't tell if they're all just giving her the benefit of the doubt or if she did something abnormally Regular in entering (somehow??)

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Thinking on it more, given how the Director talked about "not being allowed to interfere" because it was the Administrator's test and the interest the Administrator has shown in Bam both times, I'm betting the plans of Director/Rachel/whoever are going to be upset by the Administrator putting down its foot and saying that they all hosed with it's test.

The Administrator seems to be Actually In Charge on this floor and just delegates to Jahad's staff, so it seems reasonable it would flip out about the fuckery that has gone on in this test.

The impression I get is that Irregulars are painted as dangerous by Jahad but to Hedon/Administrators/The Tower Irregulars are just normal or even desirable. It's noticeable that Rankers are ok to climb the tower but Irregulars are "dangerous" so I'm guessing theres a difference in "reward" if they hit the top, where Irregulars get an actual capital w Wish whereas Rankers just get something from Jahad or the like.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I suppose the last question (which won't have a non-spoiler answer yet) is whether Evankhell is just a lackey of Jahad who got appointed the floor or if its more complex like whoever first cleared a floor becomes it's "Ruler".

The latter would imply that not everyone will be like the Latte-Loving Director of Tests and that there will be floors covertly or overtly hostile to Jahad.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Arianya posted:

That doesn't really make sense either though since the unifying factor of the "team" was Khun/Anaak/etc and their love of Bam. Without him, quite possible that for example Anaak and the other Jahaad Princess just gently caress off to eat lunch.

Like yeah, if they stay together maybe they'll pity take Rachel to start with but her lie here is that she's a paraplegic dead weight, so either she has to be Miraculously Healed or she's going to be first on the chopping block because no one in the team feels the way Bam did about her and so no one has any real motivation to carry her (both metaphorically and literally).

Well this seems highly relevant. I can't imagine Khun sticks with her for any amount of time.

It was nice to see more Hedon but this episode did feel a bit dry in that it's 90% clips of previous episodes.

What's the point to start at if I wanted to pick up the webtoon from here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

so if I'm understanding this right Rachel's bodyguard was essentially an extra life for her? which is why he vanished when she got shanked?

Basically yeah, Hedon gave her a bodyguard because apparently she has no actual ability herself and if she died he was her extra life

which explains how she got shanked without actually ending up in critical care/wheelchair.