Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

I kept expecting the character who lost her eye against Bam to do something after the episode cut to her lurking in the shadows a couple of times but I guess not.

i mean if i had to guess she was the one who gave the note to the horn person. cant think of anyone else whod have real motivation to get rid of bam from the tower besides the bunny person from episode 1 maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Considering how many times Rachel has seemed to get injured because of Baam im not sure id blame her for pushing Baam off.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Has any of the saving her rear end involved Baam not being the cause of the need to be saved in the first place? First time was the king of the hill fight where she was there to save his stupid rear end. Second was the tag fight where a random dude who was mad at Baam stabs Rachel as a way to get rid of Baam. Like people are already using her as a way to get rid of Baam. Hell its going to get even worse from here, Baam just admitted to everyone he is an outsider. So instead of just self interest now people just have general hate as a reason to stab Rachel to get Baam to leave.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

I don't believe she was targeted in the crown game because of Baam. We don't really know why that girl tried to attack Rachel. We do know the dwarf knows her however. I guess she's some sort of guide like him? I don't know what she's doing climbing the tower.

Rachel has a lot of mysterious stuff going on around her. The disappearing red guy, the navigator who attacked her. Her extraordinary strength in her class. She was, apparently, the strongest one in her group. Though of course we were never shown this, just told it. As I understand it she was a shoe-in to pass the previous test regardless of whether her team succeeded or not.

I'm just really mystified as to what game she's playing here. Unless she's made some sort of deal with coffee drinking guy to play a long con on Baam,I just don't see what possible aim she could have been pursuing here.

If she intedends to kill Baam here then itd change a lot. Since itd mean she went after Baam to prevent him from going up the tower no matter the cost instead of trying to keep Baam safe. If she wanted to just climb the tower and didnt care about Baams life then she could have easily ignored Baam i think and climbed up.
Basically this story might be funnier than i expected. Rachel wants to climb the tower but doesent want the thermal nuke Baam to follower her but Baam is too stupid to stop following her.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 19, 2020

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
welp there goes my theory baam was the villain all along.