Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Im confused as to why he hates Bam? Just because he'd get edged out of this test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I assumed Khun gave the note until the reveal that he set up A's test to help Bam out. So it's probably one of the testers after that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

What makes irregulars so dangerous? Other than Bam being unusually competent with his shinsu use, he hasn't seemed unusually dangerous.

I think it has something to do with their mindset and perhaps their potential? If you grew up in the tower you'd tend to follow norms while an outsider wouldn't know the norms and upset status quo? With all their talk about protecting the tower that seems like something that has a high risk chance of being a danger.

So far he's befriended 2 princesses and also was entrusted and sucessfully used one of their swords and now he's taking a super special test to avoid rules.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Speaking of Shinsu is it some Korean word like Bam?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I don't like it when they make it this 'hopeless' because it just means there's some deus ex coming in either Bam, the Fish, or the Administrator coffee guy intervening or undoing things.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Watch the episode again, heck watch a bunch of episodes. It is entirely obvious whats going to save some bacon here.

It's called deus ex not hime ex...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Can Rachel stop being mean to Bam for like 5 minutes?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rachel is a bad mom

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

axelord posted:

The Director smiles when Bam is pushed off so Rachel could be working with them. It might be that Rachel is following the rules of the Tower and Bam is not too. Bam is trying to make a super friends group to ascend the tower and Rachel is conforming with the cut throat kill or be killed everyone else in the tower sees as normal.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah I think Rachel's main power is summoning that guy. I don't think there's ever been much suggestion that he had agency of his own.

My impression is that 1) she has some reason she wants to climb the tower at all costs and 2) Bam would get in the way somehow (maybe because as an irregular he'd end up powerful enough to present a threat at a later stage). I think she did encourage Bam to drop out earlier which would've been a way to avoid killing him.

Ya assumedly she faked being unable to climb to have Bam drop out? So she can try again later with the directors help or something? Tho where would Bam have went if he did decide to drop out because Rachel can't climb? His previous home was a cave he presumably can't travel back to nor would he want to. He also would presumably just stay wherever Rachel is too so it'd be hard to ditch him even at that point as well.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So is the image of Bam at the end from S2 or even further ahead?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ya just Headon telling her she's not special broke her and then on top of that he tells her this boy she found in a hole is her savior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It wouldn't shock me if Bam isn't the original owner of the tower or Jahad himself. He's called a savior and his name alludes to christmas so he's clearly some sort of jesus figure with all the references to his pureness/sinlessness.

Kild fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 26, 2020