Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Yeah, Bam means night in Korean, hence why he's called Yoru in the Japanese dub. Apparently Bam in Korean can also mean chestnut, so his name could be read as The 25th Chestnut.

I tend to prefer reading the original versions of most series so when I got intrigued by the first couple of anime episodes, I ended up binging the whole drat comic in about a week and I'd say I like the webtoon better even though I'm enjoying the anime quite a bit so far. The sketch-like style of the anime is cool, but the art style in the webtoon has a smoother style and gets gorgeous as it progresses, and the entire series is full-color.

Be prepared though - the crown game was shown in the webtoon in like 2010, so there's a hell of a lot of comic down that rabbit hole.

Even though I'm liking the studio they got's take on the series, after seeing Demon Slayer, I still think UFOtable would be the studio that could do full justice to the webtoon's action.

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

It's kinda hard to not be posting spoilers while showing off the art in the more recent arcs of the webtoon, but I feel like it really picks up in the second season and the third season (current arc) has some incredible stuff in it.

If people are curious for an example, here's a comparison of Khun's face from his first introduction to a close up from season 2 of the webtoon to give a taste of how the art has evolved:

I'd kinda forgotten how sketch-like the earliest chapters were.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Patware posted:

no i really specifically mean if you say 'this fight looked better in the manwha' you should show a panel of that fight off

I wasn't the one making that argument, but here's a bit from the crown game in the anime:
https://i.imgur.com/6prEfct.mp4

here's the panels of that scene in the webtoon:

I thought it looks fine in the anime, but the webtoon does emphasize more how she's a physical beast on a different level from most people.

e: I really don't want to get into an extended "but the webtoon did it this way" type of discussion, but since someone asked and I had it all on hand I just dropped it in here, if folks want to talk about the anime in the context of the webtoon we should take it over to the webtoon thread.

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 1, 2020

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Ship Leesoo

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

The author of the webtoon has said that the Khun family light blue hair is a reference to the colors of the Argentinian flag.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Is the season 12 or 13 episodes? Pretty impressed with how they've condensed the first season of the webtoon down, looking forward to the finale of this season, and really looking forward to the next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

If you are anime only and pick up the webtoon, don't read any comments. They are rife with spoilers, even for different series.