Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Finding a studio that can do justice to this kind of comic is difficult. See the OPM anime. Hopefully they stay good with TOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

If there is a season 2, I hope they get a little more budget for the fight scenes. These episodes were pretty good but it's definitely not the crazy good animated fight scenes some series get. Still, I'm pretty happy with how the crown game went. I hope anime only folks are enjoying it as much as I am.

I mean the early parts of the comic are not particularly fight heavy to begin with. It isn't well into the later arcs that we see the big flashy poo poo head out.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

I started watching this today and am really enjoying it so far. Rak is cool that's all I have to say bye

You need say no more. We all must recognize the beauty and genius of our alligator overlord.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Arianya posted:

I tried reading the webtoon but being spoiled by the animation and then going to that art is real rough. Maybe this season of anime will end far enough in the future that I'll be able to pick up at that point?

Also, if Khun's bag makes chocolate copies, and the crown copies dissapear, does that mean Rak always wants more chocolate because it keeps disappearing from his tummy?

It tastes great and that's all Rak cares about. Also I know I would happily eat infinite chocolate that didn't cause weight gain or diabetes.

READ the webtoon. The art will improve.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

booksnake posted:

I always figured it was like 'we're going all-in on ocean metaphors with shinsu-water and deepsea fish-monsters and this is the guy who "pulls" the enemy in with their muscle'.

You are right mostly. To give a little more in depth

and i'll tag it to be careful

seriously don't read this next one if you want 0 spoilers

When Jahad and crew climbed the tower they did not fight people. They fought the magical fish in tests comprised by the administrators. (Supreme magical fish like the one bam spoke to when making the contract.) The roles reflect that sort of battle rather than versus people. So for example likely they had to do tests like that which Headon made Bam face in the first floor.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Honestly, she's the most goon-like one so far.

Sitting in her room all day, eating candy, avoiding any human contact.

Edit,

What were the rules again for this new test? I assume the lead up to it with Bam making friends with everyone will lead to him finding a way to have everyone pass, rather than just one side.

The rules are simple. Each team (1 ranker vs half the regulars) has an IT.

Regulars IT needs to escape (100k points) out of one of two exits without being caught by the ranker IT, or Capture the Ranker ITs badge (200k points)

Ranker can only use Shinsu once in this fight but that matters very little because they are still a Ranker.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is the ranker on Bam's team side? I'm confused as to why he's there trying to capture the other team's "it" by himself?

Is it just taking place in two rounds, with half of the people who haven't passed against the ranker each round? That's what it seems like from how it was portrayed, but if that's so there's no reason both teams can't pass.

Yes, each team will fight the ranker.

They don't explain it in the episode and so

There are a limited number of positions that can advance from here. and its decided by points.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Btw all the first English episode is up on Crunchyroll.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I'm kinda sad about the parts they edited or cut out to make the episode fit in timewise.

However NEXT EPISODE we get to see the truest glory of our glorious alligator leader.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Mimesweeper posted:

Also something with that bit about forming a contract when the Administrator says "what? why? its just going to hold you back. well, whatever"

For detail

This is maybe to spoilery for spoilers? deleted. Anyway getting to the Administrators.

While mostly inactive in the present day due to Jahad, the Administrators used to control the floors actively and what Jahad won in those challenges was the right to control the floor effectively. So Jadad put his own people in place after he decided to become king. Thus the Administrators only control the Shinsu on the floor these days

In addition the floor Administrator/Guardian will respond if someone is destroying the floor etc. And it is effectively. Cthulhu has noticed you, you have its full attention, Cthulhu is not happy with you and is going to destroy you. THE END*

*some exceptions exist

Also for people saying eyeball. The Administrator is just a really really really really REALLY huge fish.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 4, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kild posted:

I don't like it when they make it this 'hopeless' because it just means there's some deus ex coming in either Bam, the Fish, or the Administrator coffee guy intervening or undoing things.

Watch the episode again, heck watch a bunch of episodes. It is entirely obvious whats going to save some bacon here.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I don't remember the bull being that gently caress HUGE.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Shugojin posted:

Entire webtoon thread has been watching y'all like :sickos: this whole time

Well yeah, they had to EXPERIENCE IT.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I will say, this is unique to the anime. That does seem to be the case.

A bit spoilery but that also uh... would cause problems way down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rachel did not start off bad. However her dream did not include Bam in it. Possibly for reasons we don't know yet in the webtoon but have been hinted at.

Headon broke her will deliberately to use her as a pawn in his games. A Lot of the story in season is her being pushed mentally into doing what she did to Bam here.

Really her story and journey into what she is, helps drive TOG and make it such a drat good read.