Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

What kind of name is "Twenty Fifth Bam" anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Given that the super powerful weapons are named after months, I'd assume so.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

What webtoon are you all looking at? This arc in the webtoon looks like trash compared to the anime.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 1, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I think they did a fine job establishing that she's strong as gently caress when she just punches down a wall to see Bam's sword.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Did they say Anaak is dead? Or was it that her mother is dead?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Is there anyone in multiple classes? There seems to be a lot of overlap between scout and light bearer.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Rachel is an irredeemable rear end in a top hat until proven otherwise to me right now :colbert:

Honestly, she's the most goon-like one so far.

Sitting in her room all day, eating candy, avoiding any human contact.

Edit,

What were the rules again for this new test? I assume the lead up to it with Bam making friends with everyone will lead to him finding a way to have everyone pass, rather than just one side.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 14, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Is the ranker on Bam's team side? I'm confused as to why he's there trying to capture the other team's "it" by himself?

Is it just taking place in two rounds, with half of the people who haven't passed against the ranker each round? That's what it seems like from how it was portrayed, but if that's so there's no reason both teams can't pass.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah but to pass you're only competing against other Fishermen. So you're in the same situations.

Ah, that explains why Baam's fellow wave controller was getting so upset about Baam surpassing him.

Since we're at the point now where singular people can fail, rather than whole teams of 3. What happens to a team if one team member fails? Does the whole team fail?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I like that Baam isn't an idiot and totally gets that is Rachel.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

He betrayed his teammates and got them to thank him for his efforts.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I hope Rachel is okay :ohdear:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Hoh got confused by all the betrayals and betrayed himself.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Let us not forget the most important moment of the episode.

the first time Anaak genuilly smiled in the tower.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I just wish Rachel had some agency rather than just being someone who things happen to.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

What makes irregulars so dangerous? Other than Bam being unusually competent with his shinsu use, he hasn't seemed unusually dangerous.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tower of betrayal.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

My guess is Androssi tells Ren to go gently caress himself and defeats or at least fights him to a draw with the Green April. That would technically also win Anaak and her's bet since he's controlling the monster, so she'll get the black march.

I 100% think she does it for Baam and not for Anaak though.

As for protecting the dolphins (seals?) I'm not sure how they'll get out of that pickle.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

Is the season 12 or 13 episodes? Pretty impressed with how they've condensed the first season of the webtoon down, looking forward to the finale of this season, and really looking forward to the next season.

13 I believe. I've been keeping up in the webtoon to where the anime is and we have about 10 chapters left in season.

One thing I liked about the anime that hasn't been in the webtoon what's the talk with Rachel last episode with Baam. The one where she tells him he should go on without her because she changed after entering the tower. That scene went a long way toward establishing the two of them and their relationship now that they're both on the tower and as far as I can tell that was completely absent from the webtoon

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

Watch the episode again, heck watch a bunch of episodes. It is entirely obvious whats going to save some bacon here.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Otherwise all those vignettes would have been pretty pointless throughout the season.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I guess it's now safe to respond to this post to say: don't worry, Tower of God has you covered. :v:

Monkey paw's finger closes

Seriously, gently caress Rachel.

It's not even like this was some spur of the moment thing she could have done here. She had to be planning to betray him for a while, at least since she was injured since she was pretending to be unable to walk.

Like I can't even envision a self interested reason for her to do this. Pretending to be injured just jeopardized her ability to pass this test without Baam coming to her rescue. She had no idea what test the administrator would have them do, or even if it would permit a test. She had no idea if the test that they got would put her in a position to betray Baam, or that if a betrayal would prevent her from moving on.

Like the only possible impetus I can see for her here was a specific desire to gently caress over our beautiful innocent baby Baam.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Dzhay posted:

And now no-one (in the main cast) has a magic sword.

I guess Bam could still just, like, swim up to the thingy.

Ehh... I'm still betting on "she's involved in something shady and doesn't want to involve him"

In the web toon she does apologize as she's pushing him off.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Iretep posted:

Has any of the saving her rear end involved Baam not being the cause of the need to be saved in the first place? First time was the king of the hill fight where she was there to save his stupid rear end. Second was the tag fight where a random dude who was mad at Baam stabs Rachel as a way to get rid of Baam. Like people are already using her as a way to get rid of Baam. Hell its going to get even worse from here, Baam just admitted to everyone he is an outsider. So instead of just self interest now people just have general hate as a reason to stab Rachel to get Baam to leave.

I don't believe she was targeted in the crown game because of Baam. We don't really know why that girl tried to attack Rachel. We do know the dwarf knows her however. I guess she's some sort of guide like him? I don't know what she's doing climbing the tower.

Rachel has a lot of mysterious stuff going on around her. The disappearing red guy, the navigator who attacked her. Her extraordinary strength in her class. She was, apparently, the strongest one in her group. Though of course we were never shown this, just told it. As I understand it she was a shoe-in to pass the previous test regardless of whether her team succeeded or not.

I'm just really mystified as to what game she's playing here. Unless she's made some sort of deal with coffee drinking guy to play a long con on Baam,I just don't see what possible aim she could have been pursuing here.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Iretep posted:

If she intedends to kill Baam here then itd change a lot. Since itd mean she went after Baam to prevent him from going up the tower no matter the cost instead of trying to keep Baam safe. If she wanted to just climb the tower and didnt care about Baams life then she could have easily ignored Baam i think and climbed up.
Basically this story might be funnier than i expected. Rachel wants to climb the tower but doesent want the thermal nuke Baam to follower her but but Baam is too stupid to stop following her.

I guess? If she was creeped out by Baam's simping maybe. I don't really see another motivation for her to want to kill him though. I mean she went out of her way to meet up and compete with his team in the crown game. As I understand it she was previously with a different group climbing the tower on the same floor. And would otherwise have not encountered him at all.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

There's a few ways her binge eating of chocolate and other behaviors prior to being injured could have been read.

For instance we could assume that she was offered a shortcut of the tower if she offed Baam. She could have been struggling for the first half of this season about whether to go through with it or not. She was avoiding Baam in an effort to avoid having to make a decision. When it became apparent that Baam knew who she was, and that people were coming after her because of her relationship with him she decided to go ahead with the deal and off him in exchange for the shortcut.

I would reference the heartfelt scene where she apologizes for how much she has changed shortly after the injury and essentially tells him that he should forget about her. However as far as I can tell this scene is not in the original webtoon. We also know now that throughout the entire scene she was lying to him about being permanently injured.

On the other hand, her behavior prior to this could have been seen as naive attempts to deceive Baam to get opportunities to betray him later. She may not be terribly competent as an assassin.And her eating of chocolate and other antisocial behaviors were due to her frustration at being unable to accomplish her goal of getting rid of Baam. She may have been trying this whole time with her grand plan to off him keeping her identity a "secret" and then deceiving him again as a paraplegic later after being injured is yet another way to get close enough to him.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

axelord posted:

The Director smiles when Bam is pushed off so Rachel could be working with them. It might be that Rachel is following the rules of the Tower and Bam is not too. Bam is trying to make a super friends group to ascend the tower and Rachel is conforming with the cut throat kill or be killed everyone else in the tower sees as normal.

We don't even know what Rachel's power is at this point. I'd assume she is connected to that big spear dude she was with but Rachel has done a good job of keeping a very low profile.

It's funny before the last episode I thought she was most one dimensional, boring character on the show.

I forget what Rachel's class is, I don't want to look it up because I'm sure the wiki would spoil other stuff about her. But I believe she was said to be top of her class for this floor. so whatever she is she's supremely competent at it. Which, if what we were told about irregulars is true, would seem to be consistent between her and Baam

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Are we still on the first floor, because Yuri gave that trinket to Baam for the 77th floor or something. That's going to be about... 2100 AD when that season comes out?

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 20, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

They are on the second floor, the "Floor of Test". The first floor was Headon's which we saw in episode 1 and is a place that Regulars never go to under normal circumstances.

Ah, so only 2060 or so before we see Yuri again.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

There's always a girl. There's always a man. There's always a lighthouse.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 21, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Whew, Rachel is an even bigger bitch than I had thought.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Rachel is like a literal cuckoo bird.

They lay their eggs in the nests of other birds, letting them raise them and spend all the energy required rearing their young.
She took over the relationships of Baam like a parasite.
Cuckoo's even roll the other eggs out of the nest to ensure the bird devotes all their time to the cuckoo's young, just like her and Baam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Yep.