Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah I think Rachel's main power is summoning that guy. I don't think there's ever been much suggestion that he had agency of his own.

My impression is that 1) she has some reason she wants to climb the tower at all costs and 2) Bam would get in the way somehow (maybe because as an irregular he'd end up powerful enough to present a threat at a later stage). I think she did encourage Bam to drop out earlier which would've been a way to avoid killing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

axelord posted:

Could be some 4d chess thing. Pushing Bam has got to be the least effective way to kill him. She could have just stabbed him through the heart or something. His guard was totally down around her. Instead she pushes him into the magic water Bam has been shown not to bother him throughout the show.

Maybe she figured whoever she is working with wouldn't need her after Bam is dead? I don't know. I'm really hoping Bam lets her go after this but I don't have high hopes.
If Bam were stabbed everyone would be suspicious of her going forwards though. In this scenario she can just claim that Bam sacrificed himself to protect her from The Bull and no-one has any real reason to doubt that.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That was a good episode. I liked how it showed how annoying Bam's effortless powers were to Rachel.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They did translate his name for the Japanese dub