Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Nitrousoxide posted:

I guess? If she was creeped out by Baam's simping maybe. I don't really see another motivation for her to want to kill him though. I mean she went out of her way to meet up and compete with his team in the crown game. As I understand it she was previously with a different group climbing the tower on the same floor. And would otherwise have not encountered him at all.

If Bam's team won they would have passed the test and gone on to the real tower. Rachel could have been trying to get rid of him from the beginning.

Another weird thing I didn't notice on the first view is during the Crown game, the staff lady goes for Rachel instead of Bam. That really doesn't make any sense if she was trying to win. But honestly I don't know, I didn't see this coming at all.

My thinking before this week was Rachel was some how connected to the Black March and I was expecting her to get killed not stand up and push Bam. But that was just because in the distorted view of her in the flash back in the Crown Game, she has 3 eyes just like the symbol on the Black March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

AnoHito posted:

But have you considered everything is his fault for becoming attached to literally the only other human he'd ever met?

Also, I don't buy the "Bam's affection is one way" thing, considering that it was shown that one of Rachel's bigger anxieties was Bam getting other friends and not caring about/needing her anymore.

You probably need a good team to climb the tower. Bam grabbing all the best people could be standing in the way of her getting to the top.

Or maybe she is just a poo poo person for some reason took pity on Bam. All her lessons and teaching Bam to be a good person was teaching him not to be like her. She may see his goodness as a weakness making it harder for everyone to reach the top.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Kild posted:

Rachel is a bad mom

An Older sister with a dorky little brother that won't leave her alone.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Arianya posted:

This part still feels weird to me though because like

The revelation that Baam was an irregular had everyone going "whaaa Baam is an irregular??? :o" and no one really paid attention to Rachel or the fact that she must implicitly be an irregular.

She doesn't get to see the administrator, and the Jahad Enforcement Unit guy doesn't even send Bull after "them", just after "him" (i.e. Bam). I can't tell if they're all just giving her the benefit of the doubt or if she did something abnormally Regular in entering (somehow??)

The Director smiles when Bam is pushed off so Rachel could be working with them. It might be that Rachel is following the rules of the Tower and Bam is not too. Bam is trying to make a super friends group to ascend the tower and Rachel is conforming with the cut throat kill or be killed everyone else in the tower sees as normal.

We don't even know what Rachel's power is at this point. I'd assume she is connected to that big spear dude she was with but Rachel has done a good job of keeping a very low profile.

It's funny before the last episode I thought she was most one dimensional, boring character on the show.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Nitrousoxide posted:

I forget what Rachel's class is, I don't want to look it up because I'm sure the wiki would spoil other stuff about her. But I believe she was said to be top of her class for this floor. so whatever she is she's supremely competent at it. Which, if what we were told about irregulars is true, would seem to be consistent between her and Baam

She's the same class as Kun. I think she was given points for the team she gathered in the elimination round. She's has no visible powers but the big spear dude and princess joined her. They were the most powerful people of her group. Even in the Crown game she was the one leading in her group.

I wonder if the spear dude is like an avatar Rachel creates or something. He seemed to know when Rachel was in trouble and disappeared when she got hurt. We do see her blast a hole in the ceiling to reach Bam but aren't showed how she did it.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah I think Rachel's main power is summoning that guy. I don't think there's ever been much suggestion that he had agency of his own.

My impression is that 1) she has some reason she wants to climb the tower at all costs and 2) Bam would get in the way somehow (maybe because as an irregular he'd end up powerful enough to present a threat at a later stage). I think she did encourage Bam to drop out earlier which would've been a way to avoid killing him.

Could be some 4d chess thing. Pushing Bam has got to be the least effective way to kill him. She could have just stabbed him through the heart or something. His guard was totally down around her. Instead she pushes him into the magic water Bam has been shown not to bother him throughout the show.

Maybe she figured whoever she is working with wouldn't need her after Bam is dead? I don't know. I'm really hoping Bam lets her go after this but I don't have high hopes.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Kild posted:

Ya assumedly she faked being unable to climb to have Bam drop out? So she can try again later with the directors help or something?

Hoh attacking Rachel could've been all part of the plan. The fishing test puts Rachel alone with Bam away from all his friends. Rachel could've been working with the Director for quite awhile.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Wow, I'm not sure I can not read the webtoon. Good season really enjoyed the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
At the same time everything Bam is now is because of Rachel. He is such a good hearted person because of what she taught him. He doesn't even have his own desires or dreams and really has to steel her's. He never would have went to the tower without her or has any desire to climb for his own sake.

Then right when Bam is about to reach Rachel's dream to climb the tower she takes it all back from him. He is forced to start over and find his own way again.

Good or bad Rachel has had the greatest effect of anyone on Bam. She didn't have to climb the tower or process great power. All she did was show a boy trapped in a hole kindness.

If Bam is the chosen one that can change the fate of the Tower, Rachel will have more effect on how he changes it than anyone.