Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The roles are called that, IIRC, because those were approximately the roles Jahad and the 13 Family Heads held in their original climb up the tower, and over time I suppose the lines got a little more muddled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The only thing worse than Yoru is an English dub, no thanks.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah I never had a problem with the battle royale at the start even now. While the true goal of the test is to weed out/identify potential dangers to Jahad's power, it does also give Regulars a good taste and idea of what they'll need to both survive and move up the Tower.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I actually didn't like this week's episode compared to the webcomic. For one, they cut out Shibisu's "heroic" "sacrifice" for Anak, embarrassing himself and everybody around him. Although, to their credit, I did like the added scene of Rak and Akryung competing in chocolate eating.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I actually genuinely liked all the changes they made to this episode to differentiate it from the manhwa. Serena's farewell, Hoh's funeral, Bam talking with Rachel, nobody falling for Khun's bluff, these were all good changes/additions.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Something I wish they hadn't skipped over was Hansung talking with Bam directly before he sees the Administrator and admitting that yes, he was behind Hoh's betrayal because he's aware Bam is dangerous. Not because its overt, but because it has this nice little exchange, which I'll paraphrase:

Bam: What's at the top of the tower?

Hansung: Everything.

Bam: But not Rachel.

Hansung: That doesn't change anything.

Bam: It does for me.

Of course, the rest of the anime shows you well enough that Baam prizes his friend(s) over everything else, but I thought it was a cool little moment of Bam standing up for himself and what he finds precious, going against what everyone else struggles for like fame or power or wealth.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
More like Tower of Betrayal amirite fellas hahahaha

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Bye Bam, see you next FALL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It doesn't help that a bit of information isn't in the actual webtoon, but in the author's blog. It's how we know about what ranks certain people hold in the Tower and other things.