Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's a very good show so far and has maybe become what I look forward to the most each week. It helps that the Floor of Test arcs are in general I feel a pretty strong string of arcs and character introductions and it's really nice to see it look as good as it does compared to the early parts of the comic. I have no idea what kind of legs the adaption will have and what they have in mind for the future but I hope it goes for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It translates to "the Twenty-Fifth Night", basically. Whether this is elaborated on or further explored, you'll just have to wait and see.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Endorsi is cool.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also lmao at this whole sequence

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I am glad for the wholesome aunt and niece bonding we got in this episode.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Elfface posted:

I couldn;t handly being a week behind on Crunchyroll Free, so I went ahead and read the webcomic. There's a lot of it, so I'm still not finished, but it's interesting knowing who to watch out for in the animation etc. when they first show up, and who's just a background extra.

Despite all this, I'm still terrible with names, so unless they get said extra-often like Anaak I'm still thinking of them as 'Tracksuit' and 'Sleepy'
Now imagine reading the comic for years and have the names change periodically across various scanlation groups and eventually the official webtoon.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
More like Tower of Betrayal.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As long as these friends stick together there's nothing they can't accomplish :buddy:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Something that was changed in the anime, and in fact appears to also be mistranslated in the current official webtoon, is after the push, Rachel says "Sorry Bam, but you should die here" as he falls and boy is that a lot to add on top of that scene.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Bam looks the same as he does now during the scene where Rachel leaves (where Bam is on top of her while her body and the floor beneath them is glowing).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Something you will find in subsequent anime seasons, or if you start reading the manwha, is that ToG's lore, world building, and terminologies will start to feel at times quite a bit obtuse and confusing. Some of that is simply due to the various translations that have been bouncing around over the years with some terms becoming entrenched even as they probably should not have been, and some of that it also just the classic barrier of there being some Korean terms and words that don't work quite as well in English or at least their best equivalents wind up being synonymous with other terms.

We have four basic levels for every floor, with obviously some exceptions:

Test Admins: Leroro, Quant, Ren, Etc. These are Rankers who run the tests directly and interact with the Regulars.
Test Directors: Yu Hansung, the boss of the previous set. They decide on what tests are run.
Floor Rulers: Evankhell, who we have not met yet. The actual rulers of a given floor who give authority to the Directors to run the tests.
Floor Administrators or Floor Guardians: Gigantic beasts and monsters who provide the shinsu of their given floor. They also have authority to provide tests that accomplish the roles of all those in the previous sets but, curiously, only to Irregulars.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They are on the second floor, the "Floor of Test". The first floor was Headon's which we saw in episode 1 and is a place that Regulars never go to under normal circumstances.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
In this story, anyone can be a hero. All they might need is a little push.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Arianya posted:

Well this seems highly relevant. I can't imagine Khun sticks with her for any amount of time.

It was nice to see more Hedon but this episode did feel a bit dry in that it's 90% clips of previous episodes.

What's the point to start at if I wanted to pick up the webtoon from here?
The anime covered "Season 1" which consists of 78 chapters. The webtoon makes each season pretty obvious so even without the chapter # it'd be easy to find the start of season 2.

That said if you feel up for it starting from the beginning isn't the worst idea because there are enough details here and there that are interesting/of relative importance that might come up later.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Rachel is legitimately one of my favorite characters in ToG and her story and meaning behind her presence and actions are a big part of what makes the dynamics at play very interesting. Like even if you do the understandable read of her being jealous, petty, and self-centered, Bam constantly inserts her into his life that robs her of a lot of perceived and real agency. He's basically a stalker! Chosen one or not, pure cinnamon bun or not, his protagonist powers of bringing other characters into his fold is completely antithetical to everything Rachel appears to want and that drives her mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I realize that this is not exactly the most productive thing to bring up since obviously the anime had to skip over lots of little details and this is the anime thread and not the manwha thread, but there was some discussion of it earlier and I assumed they'd do this scene to at least add some flavor to that conversation but well they didn't: