Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The Democratic Primaries are effectively over barring some novel insanity, and it certainly looks like 2020 is going to be a contest between sitting president Donald Trump and challenger Joe Biden. Also the variety of nominal third parties who will also be on some of the ballots. This is the thread to talk about general election polling and news and debate the merits and flaws of various candidates, plus any remaining news from the Democratic primary.

All D&D rules are in effect. In addition: put arguments on trial, not posters. Respond to points made and evidence posted, do not spend your time accusing others of being evil, or insane, or stupid, or entitled for their positions. Especially do not do so as a first resort. Use your report button. Use your ignore button. This is a place to debate and discuss, not defeat your posting enemies in forums combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Jesse Ventura is probably going to run for President and everyone should vote for him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
My argument for going into the 2020 election: you shouldn't vote for rapists

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I can't wait for November to come in approximately four thousand years.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Welcome, everybody, to the Thunderdome.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Joe Biden is a rapist.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Vote Blue, baby! Let's start putting this country back together.

November can't get here soon enough.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The US is about to drive off a cliff. We can pick two people who probably couldn't pass a driving test to take the wheel.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Jesse Ventura is probably going to run for President and everyone should vote for him.

THE MIND
THE BODY
THE PRESIDENT

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bernie wouldn't have won.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Mean Gene VP 2020

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did we have this in the old thread?

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1255704397285220353?s=20

I had to see it so now you do too.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

My argument for going into the 2020 election: you shouldn't vote for rapists

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Do not shitpost past page 1 of this thread

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's kick this off with a possibly-unexpected development: Trump (kind of?) coming to Biden's defense regarding being a rapist.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1255969521741041667

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

is pepsi ok posted:

Joe Biden is a rapist.

And one should not help rapists into positions of power, where they can do more rapes.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
remember kids - it's good to not vote for rapists

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

fool of sound posted:

Look, fat
______/

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

We should just try not having a president at all

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

It's time to find out what stinks harder:

Failure to handle a disaster, or rape.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Looking forward to this being the worst thread in the forum.

Also joe biden is a rapist, vote downballot instead.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

fool of sound posted:

For what it's worth my post was entirely in earnest. If he runs on the Green Party ticket, he has my vote. Otherwise it's going to La Riva.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Joe Biden is poo poo and the fact the primaries are getting cancelled is a travesty.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Let's kick this off with a possibly-unexpected development: Trump (kind of?) coming to Biden's defense regarding being a rapist.

That's an attack. Trump defending Biden is functionally an attack on Biden because it's Trump going "Look, see, we're not so different. Why, he's a lot like me and also has people accusing him of fake rapes. Oh what, YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT JOE BIDEN RAPED SOMEONE?!"

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

FBS posted:

Unironically agree with this. gently caress unjust hierarchies.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

fool of sound posted:

Whew, there's still time

Joe Biden is poo poo and probably a rapist and Donald Trump is worse poo poo and also probably a rapist. This is a terrible election.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Roland Jones posted:

lol no he's not he's stirring the pot because the dems handed the republicans this poo poo on a silver platter. He started it by hemming and hawing about how the mean libs thought poor innocent shrieking meltdown Kav is a rapist but now won't say anything about Joe.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

FBS posted:

Literally the advice we give new nations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Roland Jones posted:

That's actually legitimately the best way Trump could go about this whether he knows it or not: publicly and loudly conflate himself and Kav - two people Dems hate with a burning fury - with Biden.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Roland Jones posted:

Dems when they find themselves agreeing with Trump that the left is the true enemy:

https://twitter.com/saint_papii/status/1186343177487290369

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

I am absolutely voting in November. I do hope Biden does something to convince my family to vote for him.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

lol no he's not he's stirring the pot because the dems handed the republicans this poo poo on a silver platter. He started it by hemming and hawing about how the mean libs thought poor innocent shrieking meltdown Kav is a rapist but now won't say anything about Joe.

Hey it's pretty cringe worthy.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Zamujasa posted:

Joe Biden is poo poo and the fact the primaries are getting cancelled is a travesty.

This. I live in a red state so gently caress the protest voting circle jerk. But I ain't voting for any rapists this November. I'll write in Bernie and focus on downticket races. No votes for loving rapist warmongers. Good luck to y'all in swing states, but that ain't my fight.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Did we have this in the old thread?

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1255704397285220353?s=20

I had to see it so now you do too.

You can lead a poster to Twitter but you can't make them click the link. :smugdon:

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's an attack. Trump defending Biden is functionally an attack on Biden because it's Trump going "Look, see, we're not so different. Why, he's a lot like me and also has people accusing him of fake rapes. Oh what, YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT JOE BIDEN RAPED SOMEONE?!"

I don't remember if I posted or just drafted and decided not to post (:justpost:) in the Freep thread, but yeah. One of the wonderfully insidious weapons the RNC has is comparing Biden to Trump or Kavanaugh w.r.t. rape/sexual misconduct allegations. The democratic base is splitting over it, and all the opposition has to do is hit the wedge harder.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sydin posted:

That's actually legitimately the best way Trump could go about this whether he knows it or not: publicly and loudly conflate himself and Kav - two people Dems hate with a burning fury - with Biden.

Oh, it's not going to help Biden at all, but I don't think Trump's being clever; he was the one asked about this, after all. It's probably not meant as an attack, even if it effectively is one. He has a history of doing that sort of thing, saying nice things about or defending someone he sees as similar in some way; here, the similarity is being accused of rape, which Trump thinks is unfair to him because he's like that.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 30, 2020

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
gently caress the rich, because they will gently caress you.

e: not in the sexy way

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is there a good list of third party candidates that can be added to the OP?

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Roland Jones posted:

*Cringes*

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is there a good list of third party candidates that can be added to the OP?

Gloria La Riva 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Oh, it's not going to help Biden at all, but I don't think Trump's being clever; he was the one asked about this, after all. It's probably not meant as an attack, even if it effectively is one.

I'm just going to assume he's being clever and knows what he's doing. Thinking your enemy is an idiot is a great way to get surprised by your enemy.