Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I think Biden is running the best campaign he possibly can, which is to say he's staying out of public as much as possible, and letting Jill speak for him as much as possible when he does show up.

That and starting a podcast so he's working in an editable format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is Ventura really running?

Before the Tara Reade stuff I was going to suck it up and vote Biden but I don't think I can. I might lie to my dad and say I did if it's going to be close. I don't want Biden to be president. A few of his stated policies would help me but I do not trust him to implement those policies. Oh and also the sexual assault.

I will vote for any lame centrist without a sexual assault on record. Cuomo, Harris, whoever. I'm basically captive to the party. But this might be enough to make me not. And once the spell is broken it might stay broken. I'm really hoping the DNC somehow does the only smart and moral thing and finds a way to replace Biden.

Thats fair, but if you're waiting on a replacement, thats going to be a minute. The only other candidate nearing joes delegate count is Bernie, and there's no way any of the also-rans can catch up and overtake him.

Though I'm mostly sure they're not going to try and replace him at all, the dems will just give him a "good" VP and hope he doesn't poo poo his pants on the news before election day.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Scientist Al Gore posted:

I wish the Democrats would have more offer but then again how do explain the majority of left-leaning or progressive movements voting for democrats over anyone else the majority of the time?

The two-party system.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DynamicSloth posted:

Relitigation of the primary aside do people actually think Biden is right now, as in today, running a good campaign?

Not even close to good. A truly good campaign right now would be leveraging everything it can to get aid out to people. There is an opportunity to give real material aid and win over people who normally don't vote or vote Republican and they need to sieze that.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Silly Burrito posted:

Mean Gene VP 2020

Mean Gene is dead, show some respect.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

LtStorm posted:

That and starting a podcast so he's working in an editable format.

Even in his podcast he rambles about candy like a man experiencing his second childhood.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Thats fair, but if you're waiting on a replacement, thats going to be a minute. The only other candidate nearing joes delegate count is Bernie, and there's no way any of the also-rans can catch up and overtake him.

Though I'm mostly sure they're not going to try and replace him at all, the dems will just give him a "good" VP and hope he doesn't poo poo his pants on the news before election day.

I don't expect it to happen. But it would be better for the party if it did. I know they won't give it to Bernie. They have to see the writing on the wall, though. Half of dems under 45 are a no on Biden. He can't win that way. Warren could win. Cuomo could win. I don't think Biden could win unless the virus and economy get a lot worse. And I really want Trump to go. He's very bad.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ice Phisherman posted:

Even in his podcast he rambles about candy like a man experiencing his second childhood.

I've been meaning to listen to his podcast but there are so many better things to do with my eartime.

several of those things involve Noted Goon Robert Evans

While rare their have been 3rd party candidates and even they didn't get the vote. Hell, they don't even get endorsements, funding, volunteers, etc. at all.

if Teddy The Betrayer Roosevelt couldn't pull it off, it's unrealistic absent the total collapse of a party

but i've come round to "let's get a third party funding, at least" being notionally a passable moral position

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 1, 2020

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Syenite posted:

The two-party system.

While rare their have been 3rd party candidates and even they didn't get the vote. Hell, they don't even get endorsements, funding, volunteers, etc. at all.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

hot take, i'm not real big on eli valley

once you've seen two you've seen em all

Agreed but I do appreciate his use of a fairly obscure at art style with a lot of significance and history to it.

His commentary is usually above average though, and he is actively involved in a lot of actual on the ground activism and organizing. Seems like a cool enough dude.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

DynamicSloth posted:

Relitigation of the primary aside do people actually think Biden is right now, as in today, running a good campaign?

No.

The "sit back and let Trump run the narrative" didn't work in 2016, and I don't think it'll work now; even if Trump is seriously loving up his corona response. Biden is providing absolutely no 'counterprogramming' to Trump's daily word vomit except for that little podcast that nobody listens to.

Meanwhile, I agree with others who say that circulating talking points about Reade without addressing the allegation directly is a mistake that, frankly, I hope derails him. That, and some libs' hysterical "Russian plot" reaction, is enough in itself to make me not want to throw my support to Biden.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

I suspect the "you're throwing away your vote" refrain blasting from the media has something to do with that. Also how 3rd-parties are inherently disadvantaged in our hosed up, undemocratic electoral system.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

I wonder if twenty years of "Ralph Nader GAVE the election to Bush!!!" nonsense had anything to do with that.:thunk:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just announced that Biden is going to address his sexual assault allegations tomorrow on Morning Joe at 6 am. Not sure if they're just saying that's when he's actually going to talk or if that's when Willie Geist starts mumbling while Joe Scarborough gets sauced up in the back.

Either way expect nothing coherent that MSNBC praises until Nicole Wallace gets on.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Majorian posted:

I wonder if twenty years of "Ralph Nader GAVE the election to Bush!!!" nonsense had anything to do with that.:thunk:

While I don't believe Nader tipped the scales of the election he was absolutely certainly a spoiler candidate.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

While I don't believe Nader tipped the scales of the election he was absolutely certainly a spoiler candidate.

The fact that spoiler candidates are A Thing is part of what makes the system so (deliberately) terrible.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I wish the Democrats would have more offer but then again how do explain the majority of left-leaning or progressive movements voting for democrats over anyone else the majority of the time?

Abuse victims will often do a lot of things that make it seem like the pain will stop. That's the proper model for the American electorate- they've been so thoroughly beaten into submission by their government, Democrats and Republicans alike, that they'll take "not being actively hurt today by them" as being some sort of improvement. Also because, in the past, Democrats actually relied on these groups and helped them, so like Skinner boxed pigeons they're still hitting that button that used to dispense food while slowly starving to death. And, finally, because when the choice is between existing and not, you'll do everything in your loving power to continue to exist, including selling yourself out to whoever promises that they won't take all of your skin, just half of it.

Again, I genuinely don't think you understand just how badly y'all are being treated by your entire governmental system compared to every other government with an actual left wing. You can say that you do, and I might understand that you think that you do, but you don't grok it. You don't see the government as a natural ally of the people, you see it as something to be weathered, like a natural disaster.

Gadfly
Dec 21, 2018

"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact."
If you aren't entertaining the thought that the Dems are at least as evil as the GOP you really need to listen to Chapo #414. Biden has named Larry Summers as his economic advisor, and one of the Emanuels is arguing in The Atlantic that life isn't worth living past age 75. Here is what one of the sons of Dem Machine and American Zionist aristocracy has to say on the matter in an MIT Technology Review interview [by the way, that science rag got Epstein money]: 'These people who live a vigorous life to 70, 80, 90 years of age—when I look at what those people “do,” almost all of it is what I classify as play. It’s not meaningful work. They’re riding motorcycles; they’re hiking. Which can all have value—don’t get me wrong. But if it’s the main thing in your life? Ummm, that’s not probably a meaningful life.'

And I completely agree with Chapo that Summers has done far more to destroy human lives, including American lives, than Trump. He is easily in the top three (that we know of) most evil Americans. If you don't know the long history there, you need to start reading and listening. The main architect of the decimation and gutting of Russia (and if you want to hate on Putin - Summers is the reason for Putin). The main architect of the specific deregulation that led directly to 2008. Architect of the 2008 recession bailouts, fighting hard and winning with regard to making sure the trillions went to banks, but did not go to infrastructure spending or the bailout of those foreclosed on or who went bankrupt or who lost jobs. One of the main launderers of Epstein's money. Tried to get Cornel West fired. Married to a woman with direct Mossad connections, and he has his own. Huge supporter and defender of Greenspan. Argued that women have such low representation in elite science jobs because of "different availability of aptitude at the high end." One of the two architects of energy sector deregulation following the 2000 energy sector crisis. One of the key players, and perhaps the key player, in getting the Democratic Party to fully embrace neoliberal economics - he is a fan of Milton Friedman - and a true believer to the tune of even being on the Steering Committee of the Bilderberg Meeting. If you want to point the finger at one person responsible for this economy in which we are culling millions of animals because we have consolidated meat packing plants into a few gargantuan monstrosities that cannot operate safely in a pandemic, and in which the nation doesn't store enough PPE for a pandemic that is thus far only a couple months long and hasn't fully hit half the country yet, and in which 30+ million Americans lose health care within a 4 week period, and any number of other travesties in American life, there is your man.

Anyone who believes that Biden can be pulled in any meaningful way toward the left is deluded as gently caress. And mark my words, Social Security and Medicare will be under greater threat in a Biden presidency than in a Trump one.

nivdes
Jan 3, 2008

Freedom from democracy

Brought to you by NAZCENTBOL GANG
The only threat to Social Security or Medicare I can see coming from a Biden administration would be some means-testing proposal that Congress would quickly tell the White House to gently caress right off with.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Gadfly posted:

Anyone who believes that Biden can be pulled in any meaningful way toward the left is deluded as gently caress. And mark my words, Social Security and Medicare will be under greater threat in a Biden presidency than in a Trump one.

If president Biden doesn't sign benefit cuts as part of some Grand Bargain to balance the budget I'll eat this banana on my head.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

nivdes posted:

The only threat to Social Security or Medicare I can see coming from a Biden administration would be some means-testing proposal that Congress would quickly tell the White House to gently caress right off with.

Wanting to kill social security is one of his most consistent positions.

Syenite fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 1, 2020

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

OK I'll listen to it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PeterCat posted:

Mean Gene is dead, show some respect.

Just hit up the Undertaker and have him use his voodoo magic to revive Mean Gene. Duh.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

PerniciousKnid posted:

If president Biden doesn't sign benefit cuts as part of some Grand Bargain to balance the budget I'll eat this banana on my head.

while toxxes are somewhat discouraged these days, the mod team* feels that mod challenges and other amusing bet feats are to be encouraged

on the other hand this is a very boring proposal unless i'm misreading it, so, eh

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Looks like we closed the Democrat primary thread too early

https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1255991505644224514?s=20

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
It's dumb to toxx for something that the candidate has pushed for his entire career. More exciting to toxx for him expanding the social safety net.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

on the other hand this is a very boring proposal

Sorry, I have too many little kids at home to commit to making an entire hat out of fruit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

GreyjoyBastard posted:

while toxxes are somewhat discouraged these days, the mod team* feels that mod challenges and other amusing bet feats are to be encouraged

on the other hand this is a very boring proposal unless i'm misreading it, so, eh

Knid said "this" banana, which implies they are referring to a banana currently on their head. The requirements for the Toxx they laid down, that Biden, as president, not do something, can't come into effect until Biden either loses the election, dies in office, or completes his term. So that's a minimum of over six months, and a maximum of over four years. I think someone eating a six month to four year old banana is less boring than you're imagining.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Everybody calling Biden a rapist, might want to double check a few things.

https://twitter.com/ecmclaughlin/status/1255657392466886657?s=21

I’m not saying she’s lying, or I don’t believe her. But some of this stuff seems... odd.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gripweed posted:

liz peek - and you might want to sit down for this one - seems like an awful person on a cursory google

Gripweed posted:

Knid said "this" banana, which implies they are referring to a banana currently on their head. The requirements for the Toxx they laid down, that Biden, as president, not do something, can't come into effect until Biden either loses the election, dies in office, or completes his term. So that's a minimum of over six months, and a maximum of over four years. I think someone eating a six month to four year old banana is less boring than you're imagining.

an extremely compelling point, that unfortunately pushes the potential mod challenge from "boring" into "legally actionable if he does it"

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

LionArcher posted:

I’m not saying she’s lying, or I don’t believe her. But some of this stuff seems... odd.

Aww gently caress we're beginning THIS phase of the thread now

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Tab 1:US general election news
Tab 2: Google search for "banana cryogenics"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gripweed posted:

nah. if biden drops/dies(unlikely but worst year ever) my guess is it might be warren or cumo or bernie. mostly likely it will be his VP.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

LionArcher posted:

Russia, bots, muting, Warren, Trump

I think I got White Former Feminist Bingo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah. if biden drops/dies(unlikely but worst year ever) my guess is it might be warren or cumo or bernie. mostly likely it will be his VP.

It will not be Warren or Bernie.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I've been saying this for a while now, Biden's absolutely gonna pick Hillary as his VP.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Biden loving did it. The Larry King tape seals it for me.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

sexpig by night posted:

My argument for going into the 2020 election: you shouldn't vote for rapists

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

There's a decent chance Biden dies before he names a VP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somfin posted:

Russia, bots, muting, Warren, Trump

I think I got White Former Feminist Bingo

Dang. I only got 4 of the 5 on my card.