Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Continuity RCP posted:

I take the furlough very seriously so I'm not even looking at hilarious minion memes on the work Facebook group

I must finally be getting cabin fever as I don't know if you're mocking me or not.

e: gently caress, first time.

Four is the only number in English that is equal to the number of letters in its name. Phew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quSXoj8Kob0

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

feedmegin posted:

Orrr just make proper cider. Take apple juice without preservatives, add some kind of brewing yeast (I like champagne), wait. It's literally how you make even the non-prison kind of cider; no boiling or hops or w/e to worry about.

look I'm not sure how it all works exactly but I planted the apple trees and they are growing but last year I had a grand total of about a dozen apples

I think more happen over time and then I squish them somehow and juice happens

Though from memory even the cheap apple juice I used was only juice and they just pasteurised it, posh stuff would undoubtedly taste better but in the words of my forebears how bloody much

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Continuity RCP posted:

I take the furlough very seriously so I'm not even looking at hilarious minion memes on the work Facebook group
post you are own

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I just got invited to a work pub quiz

do I want to spend several hours on webcam drinking with people I have nothing in common with other than work or do I want do literally anything else??

:thunk: it's a tricky one

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

franco posted:

I must finally be getting cabin fever as I don't know if you're mocking me or not.

e: gently caress, first time.

Four is the only number in English that is equal to the number of letters in its name. Phew.

The scots have the number sihvihn

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/LaylaMoran/status/1256199984007073793?s=19

Out flanked on the left by the loving lib dems. Labour is dead.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why do we always put lords and barons in charge of important inquiries?

Like putting a prisoner on a parole board.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Dubs backed Starmer didn't he? So it doesn't make sense that Starmer would try to block him.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

sassassin posted:

Because they can't be fired so the theory is that they don't have any motivation to play politics. Also conceptually life peers are supposed to be people given the position because of talent or pre-eminence in their field (lol)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think you'll find Labour won an election in 2005 in that position.

It's not been 2005 for a long time now

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Dubs backed Starmer didn't he? So it doesn't make sense that Starmer would try to block him.

The implication is that it's a stitchup decided before the NEC meeting and there's no suggestion the left could have made that wouldn't be shot down.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

It does if you don’t want people going “those two are really good friends aren't they? How is this going to be impartial” or worse.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

post you are own

Not Minions, but this is an example featuring the real superheroes, maaaaaan! The NHS kick arse and this is not a dis - I just hate this weird, cheap mawkishness.:

Superman is not even wearing a mask or distancing! What a cock.

crispix posted:

The scots have the number sihvihn

I did say English :colbert:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

this is entirely about purging the left

https://twitter.com/BaneNook/status/1256225781237387272

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

sassassin posted:

So you can get the fix in.
The usual UK way is to announce an inquiry, take 20 years to investigate it, then announce nothing can be done as its too long ago and vague lessons must be learned.
If it involves the actual govt services, double the time to investigate so that everyone involved has retired or died by then, so cant be prosecuted. And none of the new ones in power can be faulted.
The Grenfell one is a good example. Won't hear poo poo until May and the other tory councilors in the area have long gone.
The Bloody Sunday one is another.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I can't stand minions memes but my bestiest friend of 45 years loves them and is always sending them to me if she thinks I need cheering up. I just can't tell her I hate them because I know she thinks they're amazing.

:hotpickle:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Guavanaut posted:

Over the counter Sarco when?

Hell, I'd drive that to work.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

learnincurve posted:

It does if you don’t want people going “those two are really good friends aren't they? How is this going to be impartial” or worse.

it’s the opposite of giving Chakrabarti a peerage right after her report into the party, which forever tainted the impartiality of the report

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Why choose between dying and going to work when you can have both!

this has been an announcement from the Conservative COVID-19 Preparedness Team

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think Britain's hosed boys and girls, we should just call it all off

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peanut- posted:

It's amazing how much tolerance there is for armed protest when the protestors are campaigning for the resumption of capitalism. white

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

There's still a chance for rebellion and ultimately revolution

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

sassassin posted:

Usually it's retired judges or senior civil servants with enough standing among all parties - they usually wind up being sirs or law lord's as that's like the career end point for those professions.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Lansman's pick wasn't blocked because of the appearance of impartiality, it was straight-up partiality. A Jewish Starmer supporter put forward by Lansman is about as balanced as it gets, whereas a non-Jewish left-hating Starmer supporter is, uh, not. Luckily nobody will care outside of the left though, because it's the left getting screwed.

I thought we still (barely) controlled the NEC though? How are we letting this obvious stitch-up happen?

Flipswitch posted:

Nonce Island turning out more literal than I thought

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

DesperateDan posted:

look I'm not sure how it all works exactly but I planted the apple trees and they are growing but last year I had a grand total of about a dozen apples

I think more happen over time and then I squish them somehow and juice happens

Though from memory even the cheap apple juice I used was only juice and they just pasteurised it, posh stuff would undoubtedly taste better but in the words of my forebears how bloody much

The 'no preservatives' bit is more about how the cheap type sometimes has those and they'll gently caress with your yeast, rather than concerns about the taste. :)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1256233687374594054?s=19

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Why choose between dying and going to work when you can have both!

this has been an announcement from the Conservative COVID-19 Preparedness Team

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Flipswitch posted:

I think Britain's hosed boys and girls,

There's a reason it's AKA the Pedoph Isles

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Boris offspring count

https://twitter.com/ESTheLondoner/status/1256172764161019904?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its cool that the supposedly independent inquiry into the labour party report isn't independent at all as its a bunch of labour members

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

He likes, thousands in the Labour Party, and is glad the chapter is now closed?

Nice grammar there Laura!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Dead Goon posted:

Nice grammar there Laura!

She's a complete moron, op.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I like thousands in the labour party. Am thankful that chapter is now closed.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Party Boat posted:

Boris offspring count
Nah, number 6 is confirmed, it's 7 that's controversial. Also gently caress knows how many others, worra shagger amirite.

JRM was probably just doing his thing of saying something innocuous sounding that he knew would get him in the papers (a la floxinoxinihilipilification), it's been a while

e: my bad, misread, I thought it was JRM making the remark. Theyre still a pair of cunts tho

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 1, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jonlansman/status/1256247854190022656?s=20

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Remember the guy saying he was smart to vote starmer. Every time I recall those they've aged a little better.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

loving do the due diligence yourself Jon you lazy oval office. You're on the loving NEC & have the entire very online elements of Momentum who could've done the leg work but you're a loving sap. The Labour left may as well not even exist.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ah, it's like 2005 all over, except the Liberals haven't even moved to the left a jot.

Genuine gently caress off to Keir Starmer voters.

Think I may just go back to post-December levels of engaging in political news because it's a mite aggravating.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ash Crimson posted:

There's still a chance for rebellion and ultimately revolution

lol there really isn't, not on this miserable boot-licking little island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

loving do the due diligence yourself Jon you lazy oval office. You're on the loving NEC & have the entire very online elements of Momentum who could've done the leg work but you're a loving sap. The Labour left may as well not even exist.

Ah, it's like 2005 all over, except the Liberals haven't even moved to the left a jot.

Genuine gently caress off to Keir Starmer voters.

Think I may just go back to post-December levels of engaging in political news because it's a mite aggravating.

starmer/rayner wouldn't share who they'd decided on until the NEC meeting started