Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Ah, the AWL. There's a lot of weird poo poo about them but my favourite is their extreme Islamophobia, going so far as to publish articles about 'Muslims in caves sharpening their knives'. I once passed one of their meetings with a friend by chance so we moseyed in. There were quite a few of them all facing forwards listening to a speech. A few of them glared at us while we browsed their pamphlets. A fun experience. Anyway, the AWL are Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I mean if you can get away with it...

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/LondonIWW/status/1259575815915876352?s=20

That there's no unions talking about a general strike right now really is the worst indictment possible of the contemporary labour movement & its complete refusal to put up a fight. Yeah, sure, it's illegal. Unions were illegal themselves once, didn't stop people organising together. If the only thing we can do to save lives is refusing to go to work then it's the moral thing to do.

Anyway, now really is the time to join a union if you are in work, even with them often as limp as they are. And consider also joining the IWW for an actually radical option. And while I don't control the purse strings, if you are short of cash & unable to afford to join up that seems like the sort of thing the UKMT solidarity fund could help with?

I think some of the better ones offer a free option for those who can't pay based on trust but I'm not absolutely certain now I type it out. Worth checking if this is a barrier for anyone.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

I actually had a bunch of surgical masks from ages ago from when I used to ride the National Express once a week, which would make me sick literally every single time

I only use 'em when I'm inside, though, and that's only once every ten days or so. Don't see any point in wasting my dwindling supplies on it when I'm outdoors

You're only going indoors once every ten days!? Christ man you're meant to be inside most of the time!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
The Labour Party is never going to achieve left wing aims. If you still think it will you're absolutely deluded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

sebzilla posted:

What will?

Well, it's hard to say. In my opinion the only real route to leftism will be the creation of dual power systems. This will involve mass unionisation of both the key workforce but also renters and even thkse who pay mortgages. Maybe that won't even work or isn't possible but Labour will literally never deliver leftism because elections are essentially decided by the media, and as soon as you get a left wing Labour party the media turns on it viciously. Also let's remember that even Jezzas Labour was left wing in only the mildest of ways. It was still a pro capitalist party. If you want to see the end of capitalism then every second you put into Labour is a complete waste of time.