Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Camrath posted:

I could tell it’s the start of larp season despite A. Giving up the LT and B. Losing all track of time, simply because the weather changed from glorious sunshine to pissing rain.

Glad I got at least one event in this year (the weekend before lockdown started), but holy hell it sucks being stuck in reality when reality is this horrid.

My wife commented earlier that hiding in the shed when the heavens opened with her in the garden kind of scratched the itch for her.

Few guys I went to school with have been involved with the Lorien Trust for what must be the guts of 20 years now, I think they are the main Norn Iron contingent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

And it depends on your job. I work for a gov body and we moved a lot of our Brexit project teams onto Covid response for about a month (we do emergencies but not that sort, so we needed continuity plans if everyone got sick). Now we have structures in place, we have to refocus them on Brexit because the timescale hasn’t changed and we can’t afford to get caught on the back foot.

I don’t have any particular insight but I’ve been predicting No Deal since 2017 and still do. We have to prepare for that (happily we’re non-ministerial and so don’t have SpAds telling us which thoughts and plans are Forbidden).

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Zebra. I know what you're saying, next port of call is the credit score company.

There shouldn’t be any credit hit unless you’ve missed a payment.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

If there’s a push for renewed austerity measures, there has to be a counter-push for a general strike. You can’t austerity your way out of a recession, we have always known that. These pricks have only got one button to push and they know they’re lying about what it does.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

‘Gone missing’.

I do take issue with ‘never waste a good crisis’ being a purely neoliberal mantra, there are colleagues of mine using it to push for just transition/broadly eco-Marxist outcomes. That said we are using natural capital etc to do it, because it’s the only way to communicate with neolibs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

Communist Bear posted:

The Daily Mail are not, which is intriguing.

Looks like the right-wing papers are all moving to confidence and supply until such times as they can stick the boot in and get Gove as PM. I’d expect to start seeing some of the stockpile of poo poo they have on Johnson to trickle out.