Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Monthly Update - May 2020 :siren:

April saw the expected big drop-off in donations after the initial surge in March, but goons are still being generous and the fund is still looking healthy! We've made three payouts to folks in need this month, with a fourth currently processing which should go out today and will be included in next month's stats.

Obviously nobody was thinking "global pandemic and economic shutdown" when this fund was first conceived of, but it sure is coming in handy. Thanks so much, goons. :3:

Constitution | Record of Activity

Donate:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/ukmtsolidarity
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply: 
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, Oscar Diggs or Rarity.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Solidarity Fund update for April has been posted. Thanks to all who have donated - you're doing a ton of good for struggling comrades.

Maugrim posted:

:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Monthly Update - May 2020 :siren:

April saw the expected big drop-off in donations after the initial surge in March, but goons are still being generous and the fund is still looking healthy! We've made three payouts to folks in need this month, with a fourth currently processing which should go out today and will be included in next month's stats.

Obviously nobody was thinking "global pandemic and economic shutdown" when this fund was first conceived of, but it sure is coming in handy. Thanks so much, goons. :3:

Constitution | Record of Activity | Application Form | Email Us

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Vitamin P posted:

the people enjoying lockdown cause they finally get to spend time with their kids will still like lockdown

This is literally no-one with kids under the age of, ooh, about 20 fyi

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

learnincurve posted:

He who is never named randomly showing up on my twitter feed as some sort of sealioning chaser is some god drat 2020 energy.

Apparently this thread owes me a PlayStation because I’m poor or something.

Late reply to this, but Pissflaps, assuming that's who you mean, is probably talking about the Solidarity Fund - see the OP for details. And yes if you are experiencing a shortfall of funds we will buy you a PlayStation, or more likely some groceries, just hit us up. We actually prefer to buy stuff for people rather than give cash, which has the added benefit of probably not messing up their precariously stacked network of variously-means-tested benefit claims.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://www.britishpodcastawards.com/vote

What's this worth? How much is in the solidarity fund again?

Generally hovers around 3k with a few hundred in and out each month.

(I voted!)

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

gently caress how did I miss this. Rum and raisin AND apple and cinnamon AND chocolate orange welp there goes the diet

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Isomermaid posted:

Well I'm immune so I could. But like no matter how much I want to go to Hobbycraft I'm not willing to kill a pensioner for it.

If you're immune you shouldn't be infectious.

Unless you mean you feel an overwhelming urge to stab a pensioner whenever you go into Hobbycraft.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
The clap is ending on our road after tonight by general agreement in the neighborhood WhatsApp group. The idea of making the tenth one the last was floated a few days ago by the lady who originally kicked it off, was given substantial coverage by the BBC and was presumably accepted by most people with a sigh of relief.

Her reason was not that the pandemic is over, but that what was meant to be a nice show of support is getting tied up in a lot of politics and bad feeling. Which, yeah.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Ratjaculation posted:

this is a chat thread?

Hey guys, how about them crisps

I'm glad giant wotsits are a regular thing in supermarkets now and my wife doesn't have to keep buying overpriced Cheetos from import stores.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Yeah, once you've had the objectively best bit it's all downhill from there.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Jippa posted:

https://elemental.medium.com/corona...---------------

Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything.

“All these Covid-associated complications were a mystery. We see blood clotting, we see kidney damage, we see inflammation of the heart, we see stroke, we see encephalitis [swelling of the brain],” says William Li, MD, president of the Angiogenesis Foundation. “A whole myriad of seemingly unconnected phenomena that you do not normally see with SARS or H1N1 or, frankly, most infectious diseases.”

“If you start to put all of the data together that’s emerging, it turns out that this virus is probably a vasculotropic virus, meaning that it affects the [blood vessels],” says Mandeep Mehra, MD, medical director of the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Heart and Vascular Center.

This was really interesting, thanks. Pinch of salt because Medium article / speculation based on the results of one study, but it sounds really plausible given what jabby and others have been reporting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Guava you're slipping