Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Bobstar posted:

Know much about assisted suicide methods? I've only really read about one, which was drink an anti-emetic and then a poisonous something. Wondering if there are others.

E: specifically ones the person does to themselves, in some way

Be poor, vote Tory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

The Question IRL posted:

A new TV series called Upload is on Amazon Prime.

In it a computer programmer dies and has his mind uploaded to a virtual afterlife.

:lol: that he dies in a self-driving car crash :elonmusk:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I heard someone named their child Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, can you imagine.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

OwlFancier posted:

You see, when michael gove collects books by holocaust deniers, it's not antisemitic, becaus he isn't an antisemite. When left wing people do basically anything, it's antisemitic, because they're antisemites.

* Builds entire house out of copies of Mein Kampf *
It's ok, I used to be a journalist. For The Times.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

namesake posted:

I really really wish that Johnson had died of COVID 19.

Another bastard cheated death and we stay on the bad timeline :smith:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

crispix posted:

But were there ROMPs involved. Were they SECRET and STEAMY :catstare:

Was the other party a LEGGY BLONDE

Boris is only 5ft 9

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Does he ever do interviews that aren't behind a paywall?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tesseraction posted:

So the 'new style' JSA says that because I've worked and paid national insurance for over 3 years, I'm entitled to 6 months of JSA. It mentions nothing about meetings / job coaching. I'm I understanding right that they'll leave me alone to try and get a new job for six months, before I have to do those soul crushing interviews?

I signed up when everything went :catdrugs: they said normally they do that stuff but they don't have time now so just keep looking for jobs :shrug:.
I've not heard anything from them since I signed on.

e:
^
Should have told her you just really like| are Jesus.

sinky fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 7, 2020

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The contact tracing app has not detected enough clapping at 8pm

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
SCP or government lockdown advice?

:hmmyes:

quote:

Exclusive: report criticising government lockdown proposals heavily redacted before release

large blocks of text in the report, produced by SPI-B, the Sage subcommittee providing advice from behavioural scientists on how the public might respond to lockdown measures, were entirely blanked out.
x

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Is it just me or has the use of the word 'forensic' in conjunction with the word 'Starmer' reduced in the last week or so?

I'm sure there's a tool of some sort you can use to see how often a word was used on the internet over a given period of time but I can't remember what it was and Prof Google hasn't helped me.

It's Google Trends.

:thunk:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

vaguely posted:

is it time for a general strike yet or do a few tens of thousands more people need to die first?

It's time for Starmer to meet with business owners.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

EvilHawk posted:

Could someone explain how I should be acting when we're at a 4.1 compared to a 3.9? Should I tut if I see my neighbours in their front garden instead of their back?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Tory assisted speedrun

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:toot: for people that have jobs
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1260172976709918720?s=20

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

bornbytheriver posted:

Why would you have some queen related art work behind you? Stupid cock.

You don't have pictures of the queen on every wall of your home??

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I can't belive it, boris lied :monocle:

quote:

The government has privately conceded there will be checks on goods crossing the Irish sea post Brexit, months after Boris Johnson insisted there would be no such trade barriers.

The checks were part of the deal struck by Johnson with the EU last October.

However, to the astonishment of the EU, he spent the election campaign in December telling businesses there would be no checks. If they were asked to fill in any paperwork they could call him up and he would tell them to throw it in the bin.
x

Does this mean the Irish Unification of 2024 is still on track?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

Also this is my favourite diagram from the regs because it's like a cross between everything my dad said never to do with electricity and a wish dot com tea urn, but is completely legit.

Is that like one of these?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EViyccc2t9w

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Only 59.73% to go until we get that heard immunity :cool:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1260934733992570889?s=20

i know positive isn't the same thing

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
So are they still going to spend £4 billion on restoring Westminster while privatising every service and selling everything possible to ~pay off the coronavirus credit card~ ?
(I know the answer is yes)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Borrovan posted:

LET OUR CHILDREN BE HEROES

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

OwlFancier posted:

Someone should make total war game where your quest is to unify the greater london area under one banner.

You could definitely make it at least as fun as shogun 2.

The new Assassins Creed is vikings so instead you can just burn England and stab the king.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Can't believe all the asian countries faked their stats to make the west look bad :(

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Jose posted:

guess who her brother in law is

It's amazing how our media is made entirely of people married to government ministers.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

namesake posted:

Yes I strongly suspect the incoming waves of austerity will be justified by "The rich/financial institutions want the money and we can't do without them." rather than any appeals about sustainability or improving economic performance.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Also this happened today

quote:

Court rules bar set too high for NHS surcharge and visa fee waivers
Tribunal says if migrants can prove they cannot pay fees then they should not have to do so

An immigration court found that the Home Office was applying too harsh a test on whether people should be forced to pay.
x

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Pity the wage for a lot of people is going to be £0 from now on :smithicide:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Magic Mango posted:

Is starting the conference half an hour late a genius move that my tiny mammal brain can’t appreciate or just another fuckup?

It's a power play to show you plebs whos in charge :smug:
I will now poo poo myself on live TV.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Disgusting Coward posted:

The rumpled, blotchy, totally amoral fella with dishevelled hair and the crumpled mac?

Boris Johnson?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

sassassin posted:

Welsh government says it's okay for two households (both alike in dignity) to meet but only if they live within 5 miles of one another so mum has now decided it's not okay to bring the big ladder over so I can de-rat/mouse/TBA my attic.

If you declare your house is actually a castle then it's ok.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Nobody's ever won a war by just saying "Yeah but your mum" though.

There are always casualties in war. If there weren't it wouldn't be war; just be a rather nasty argument with lots of pushing and shoving.

e: if there where 166 covid deaths per second the government would still end the lockdown.

sinky fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 30, 2020

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Who can solve this conundrum

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

It's the perfect case to get both Black Lives Matter and the "if anyone threatens my home and family I'll shoot, read The Constitution" lot literally up in arms, and I hope at a bare minimum it prompts a review of SWAT warrior cop poo poo.

They'll start doing no knock drone strikes to stop ARE TROUPES coming to harm.