Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

kingturnip posted:

France has a system, but it turns out the people running their system are massive racists while a few other, more liberal countries like Iceland and New Zealand also have systems that seem like they spend most of their time stopping complete fuckwits from naming their children something utterly stupid, so YMMV, I guess

On the plus side the French system did stop a Mr and Mrs Renault from naming their daughter Meganne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Jippa posted:

People are seriously pissed off that mcdonald's isn't reopening in their area.

https://twitter.com/McDonaldsUK/status/1257595625757122560

gently caress. That's going to make it impossible to get to the Sittingbourne M&S for shopping. (M&S is my supermarket of last resort if everything else has too long queues or has been picked bare)

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

XMNN posted:

I will never understand people who hate wind turbines and think they ruin views, they've got an eerie alien beauty even before you account for the fact they're saving the planet

also the Wirral has the prettiest sunsets on earth imho/fight me

We've got 10-12 or so land ones scattered around sheppey, and an off-shore farm just visible between the two sets of sea forts. I like them :)

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Catzilla posted:

If Johnson had any shred of decency/humanity left in him, he should resign when this is over. I know he won't because he likes being Prime Minister too much.

You think that he's still enjoying being PM?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Someone in the comments is saying to follow up watching it with Threads. I was in HMV a few months ago, and some shelf-stacker had put together a cheery double-bill of WtWB and Grave of the Fireflies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Is anyone else getting worried about the weather? Just constant heat and sunshine. Ground here is bone dry and I'm worried there's going to be water shortages and crop failures if it keeps up. Probably more heath fires this summer as well.

Seems pretty cool for June in the next couple of weeks here. (North kent)