Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

All my larp friends reminded me that right this second I should be in a forest eating Domino's and getting drunk, so I'm going to do that tomorrow instead and be a little bit sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Camrath posted:

Unsure if it’s the venue he’s referring to, but Huntley Wood is a forest/lake/former quarry purpose converted to a larp site and is well served by local takeaways.

It was Paccar rather than Huntley, but yeah, larp sites are often just scout camps, which are generally close enough to civilisation for you to get deliveries.

Although in our case we would do collection, as we would order an entire boot load of pizza.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So are we as a society going to start talking about the 9-5 grind any time soon? Because right now I'm defaulting to a roughly 1-9am/2-10am sleep pattern and I feel loving amazing. I'm getting really productive around 5pm to 10pm.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

Your body is going to be hosed when you go back to work.

Yes, that's my point. I am going to be hosed by a lovely schedule that there's no particular reason I need to adhere to because no amount of effort has ever made me able to wake up before 8am at the absolute earliest without it taking a toll on my mind and body.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

XMNN posted:

if I drink a beer that's a year past its sell by date am I going to die

it looks a bit cloudy if that changes anything

You were never a uni student I take it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

as if any student would let a beer get a year out of date

Oh, no, that's how out of date it was when you bought it from the offie. How else were we meant to afford so much?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

As was pointed out at the time, they don't actually put their freedoms over death. They're just a generation of broken, spoiled infants who have no grasp of consequences or not being allowed to do whatever the gently caress they want, and bullishly steamrolling through any objections has worked for them until now, so what could possibly convince them otherwise? If they caught covid then they'd be screaming about how some millennial snowflake must have hosed up and given it to them until their final covid-filled breath.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Considering that deaths are still hovering at over 600 per day, I'm not sure we can even have a spike so much as a bloated lurch upwards.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/RichardKeppler1/status/1259866885300125696?s=19

Check out the responses. It's British Hillary time, including the aftermath where they don't learn anything.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Well, my manager called as they can begin looking into getting people working part time with the rest covered by furlough, so these glorious weeks of watching let's plays, learning Unity and making Mario Maker levels will soon be slightly disrupted. It was a good run.

I work with laptop hardware, so I need to get to an office at least once a week, but there's a local branch that will remain otherwise unused that I can work out of, so I can at least get out the house for a bit in a safe way and avoid paying for public transport.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I start working again in two weeks, so I predict I'll be doing it for a week before the next lockdown is enacted amidst blind panic as everyone collapses with illness all at once.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

bornbytheriver posted:

Friends, could you educate sadbrains about the North of England, what is happening there?

Exclusive: Virus persisting at higher rate in north of England: https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/exclusive-virus-persisting-at-higher-rate-in-north-of-england/7027621.article

Oh good, Salford is badly affected. It's a good thing I don't live there or I'd be really hosed. :gonk:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I dream of a world where we gulag every single blue tick. The good ones can be released after a thorough vetting.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Lib Dems have next to gently caress all MPs but a certain amount of brand recognition, how about a hard left takeover? We'll call it the New Lib Dems.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Been having fun in the US thread, Gonzo?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

blunt posted:

Not sure. Sky News just said that he was giving a statement and taking questions this afternoon.

Yeah, the 'taking questions' part is what tells you that instead of resigning he's going to use his big brain to explain why he was entirely justified in ignoring the rules, and furthermore

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

People may not be dealing with their distrust of the media in a particularly intelligent or graceful way but that's par for the course. The media has destroyed its reputation and it is inevitable that people would stop trusting it, even if they don't have a complete understanding of why they feel that way.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I haven't heard a god drat thing about Brexit in months. Do we have any evidence that they're doing anything about it, guidance passed to different sectors, that kind of thing?

I can fully believe that the answer is no, but it still just feels completely unreal. It was suicide before the global pandemic.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

willie_dee posted:

Any news when they are opening up gyms? My mental health has taken a deep dive.

It won't just be your mental health taking a dive if you go near a gym.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Good tweet to remind people what ACAB actually means:

https://twitter.com/sable_sonya/status/1267095360369033225?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jose posted:

this is unrelated to anything but i highly recommend everyone with a netflix account watch dorohedoro. its really loving good

Oh, is that out now? Sweet, got something to watch later.