Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
ARE YOU loving READY

https://twitter.com/The_BBQ_Dad/status/1256057655866556422

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’ve been using this company for years and years, Chinese Amazon who don’t gently caress about if a product is marked as real and turns out to be fake and will refund you no questions asked if an item is broken or total shite.

They have all the masks but most importantly, PPE for people who need a shield instead of a mask as in, the disabled.

kiddies

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10068506/9724449-kids-detachable-transparent-anti-droplet-full

adults

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1964/10068153/9723424

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Dubs backed Starmer didn't he? So it doesn't make sense that Starmer would try to block him.

It does if you don’t want people going “those two are really good friends aren't they? How is this going to be impartial” or worse.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Karen is a black lives matter thing and don’t let people gaslight your into not using it. It comes from white women who call the cops on black people having the nerve to use parks or go into the building that they live in.

There are exactly 8 lesbian TERFs, the rest are all cishet tradwife mumsnetters, and straight white men, who are without exception, absolute perverts getting off on everything they type and every single like and reply the trad wives give them. They have “wives and daughters” don’t ya know.

These people hate all LGBT people and to a person will call themselves “Christians”. They are going after the T because it’s unacceptable to hate “the gays” in 2020 but by golly they are doing their best to make that acceptable again as well. They find the idea of sharing bathrooms and changing rooms with those 8 lesbian Terfs absolutely abhorrent.

gently caress Karens and gently caress Terfs.

Edit: Legs 11, gently caress Terfs.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
99% of the transphobes who say “TERF is a slur” are actually objecting to being called feminists.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

DesperateDan posted:

There's a lot of garden variety transphobes around saying and doing horrible things but I tend to associate terf with being organised/it being a main part of their ideology and them doing, well, terfy poo poo like running a dozen twitter accounts to stalk glinners comments for a fight, faking up some petitions or brigading mumsnet

Don’t forget kitting your teenagers out in the most expensive tracksuits you can find in sports direct, taking them to protest the national theatre and trying to claim you are a working class poor because you shop at sports direct.

The 12 or so of them who actually turn up to events are lunatics. The best one was when Posie Parker convinced the usual suspects to get on a private plane to America and told them that serious people wanted to listen to their concerns about “women and girls”, and the taxi dumped them all out at a far right Christian pro life rally.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Communist Thoughts posted:

This is interesting because I think it mirrors whats going on in the post-austerity UK in general.
Austerity, while pissing off most public bodies, has also made them even more subservient to government because nobody can hope of surviving without their largesse anymore.
so it has actually increased the soft power of the government substantially

Post austerity? Lol I don’t even get the extra £20 a week because I’m on legacy benefits and they haven’t tacked it on to income support, PIP, or carers.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you want a laugh then Andrew Neil has started mildly criticising the government on twitter and all the people with the Union Jack/George cross in their names/pictures are melting down.

https://twitter.com/afneil

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
FFS, boomers are just being asked to only go shopping once a week and maintain a respectful distance away from others, no need to be so dramatic about it. They were happy enough to let us wander home from school aged 8 and then sit in front of the TV alone for hours till they got home, why are they so incapable of doing it themselves.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My fash dad was shocked to the core when I said the Guardian was a Lib Dem rag, , but he couldn’t deny it after 10 seconds of actual thought. I think a lot of them just haven’t really read it since the Blair years and didn’t realise that it hasn’t changed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

justcola posted:

Drinking these pints of vodka seems to get me more drunk than pints of bitter, maybe we should ban both?

The weed they used to have looks pretty rubbish.

Oh poo poo, don’t go disrespecting Thai weed, that was the smoothest high you could smoke all day without being totally monged out your skull.

Or so I’m told officer.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He who is never named randomly showing up on my twitter feed as some sort of sealioning chaser is some god drat 2020 energy.

Apparently this thread owes me a PlayStation because I’m poor or something.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Angepain posted:

wings over scotland's second (and third) accounts have been suspended from twitter, so some good news today. i hope he still starts up his political party to contest the 2021 holyrood elections, and runs it from his residence in not-scotland. might get more votes than RISE at least i guess

shame graham linehan is still able to accuse university lecturers in queer studies of grooming kids for some reason. brilliant website

Oh it’s a good one. He accidentally logged out of his main and forgot the password, while waiting for all the password reset gubbins to sort itself out he created a new account and started tweeting some utterly abhorrent poo poo at Cassandra, and then *this* happened....

https://twitter.com/SazCaz81/status/1258526288555372544

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Maugrim posted:

Late reply to this, but Pissflaps, assuming that's who you mean, is probably talking about the Solidarity Fund - see the OP for details. And yes if you are experiencing a shortfall of funds we will buy you a PlayStation, or more likely some groceries, just hit us up. We actually prefer to buy stuff for people rather than give cash, which has the added benefit of probably not messing up their precariously stacked network of variously-means-tested benefit claims.

I’m ok but thank you, 🙂 one of the few times where already being on long term benefits is going to leave me less hosed than most people in this thread in the landlord and sudden lack of income department.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The smiley face at the end makes it look like it was written by someone’s 58 year old aunt.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Jel Shaker posted:

What is with this obsession with garden centres all of a sudden

I live round the corner from a garden centre and I assure you it’s not a recent obsession. The place is *rammed* with boomers, and they bus coach loads of very olds in, even in the dead of winter. The cafe is one of those where “if it costs a lot it must be good”. Which is why a ring cream doughnut costs £4.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I feel for them, the profit margin on plants is really really slim which is why most garden centres also have cafes and sell house stuff and clothes these days. The problem was that most of them tried staying open that first week and the boomers/very olds just refused to social distance, and still did poo poo like totter up to the people watering the plants, tugging in their arms, and going “excuse my young lady could you just” so they closed out of fright.

My friend does security there and she said most of the staff were hiding in the smokers area round the back just crying into the middle distance by about 10am on that first Saturday.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My brain shut down and I started blocking blue ticks at “it gives them a sense of self worth”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Transphobes are god drat lunatics part 234

https://twitter.com/HughRBrechin/status/1260577623165591559

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I do like the fact that my teenagers are perfectly happy to help share the household cleaning tasks. I do have to pay them to mow the lawn though which is fair and An Good way for them to earn money for Anime books.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

stev posted:

That's amazing, I need context.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Can I get a mod to escalate this one and discuss this between themselves? I’ve randomly encountered him myself on twitter being a trollish dickhead towards trans women but this is a whole new thing. Pissflaps has now gone full TERF and is attacking/stalking/abusing random cis women who show solidarity with our trans sisters.

https://twitter.com/EmilyBanting1/status/1266133813694025734

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ah I thought it was just UKMT, he is the kind of petty dickhead that would blame the “TRA” for him being banned off the site and go full nutjob elsewhere.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
“We don’t debate facts” Deborah Lipstadt on why she wouldn’t respond to David Irving’s repeated calls for her to “debate meeeee!” and which directly led to him suing her for libel and destroying his own self in the process.

I think someone learned a new word and wanted to be all big and clever and use it. *shrugs* no matter if he’s banned or not warning people he might target that flaps has gone off the deep end and is now making it on the kind of list that gets your post screenshotted by random LGBT people on twitter isn’t a bad thing. I encountered him a few weeks back and he’s clearly read this thread recently which is why I wasn’t aware of the full ban.

Edit: There is no “Trans women are women debate me” it’s “trans women are women gently caress you”

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 29, 2020

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is the most holy poo poo moment I think I’ve ever witnessed. Black CNN reporter and entire crew arrested live on air.

https://twitter.com/tyson_whelan/status/1266317709186228225

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Gender critical men are, without exception, The Bad kind of pervert, every time you engage with one of them you are being dragged into their fetish without your consent.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. That guy who made out like he “is not like other men” and would turn up to women led activist meetings in pub back rooms back in the day and who would, again without exception, get a 19 year old blind drunk and attack her in an ally, SAME GUY DIFFERENT PLATFORM.