Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I honestly had no idea April was ending this week :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

franco posted:

I must finally be getting cabin fever as I don't know if you're mocking me or not.

e: gently caress, first time.

Four is the only number in English that is equal to the number of letters in its name. Phew.

The scots have the number sihvihn

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/LaylaMoran/status/1256199984007073793?s=19

Out flanked on the left by the loving lib dems. Labour is dead.

I think you'll find Labour won an election in 2005 in that position.

It's not been 2005 for a long time now

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Dead Goon posted:

Nice grammar there Laura!

She's a complete moron, op.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
They should just play a full weekend of TV shows featuring one time Great British Eccentric and charity super fundraiser Jimmy Saville, while they're at it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52508836

I'm convinced they keep showing pictures of it for a reason but to me there's just something very wrong about seeing baby faced squaddies shoving things in people's mouths :/

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Best comms in Europe but Westminster briefings are afaik unique not just in the EU but the home nations as well in not having signers for the deaf

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I'm enjoying the ambivalence, people can choose whether they want to believe there's a pandemic on or not, individual choice isn't it :thumbsup:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
There now seem to be lots of mini local mumsets all over the country. The one here is most definitely a hive of melodrama created by the most petty, hysterical, curtain twitching morons that live

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

I propose Kevin.

Why Kevin?

Surely Ciaran is closer, or is there an association with the name Kevin I don't know about :/

crispix fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 3, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Jedit posted:

They don't have to be alike. The meme for the children of the wannabe-upper-middles is Quentin and Jocasta.

Well he chose one that WAS alike and mine's MORE alike :mad:

Yes I am prepared to take a silly argument on an even sillier tangent.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Is there anything other than parental goodwill to stop people naming their children something truly disgusting like Smegwina or Arsezekiel

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

namesake posted:

The only names that should be banned are those that are computer language terms to delete the record or database if they are input and things consisting of unpronouncable syllables. Otherwise it's fine or a case of terrible parenting but that's something for them to figure out.

Can you honestly say you'd have been happy to find yourself in this world named Smegwina or Arsezekiel? :catstare:

Apparently the registering officer can reject names that "[contain] obscenities, numerals, misleading titles, or are impossible to pronounce". Smeg seems to fly under the radar though, I think it being detected as an obscenity would depend on whether the RO had watched Red Dwarf and from personal experience of the kind of people who work in local government administration that's a long shot

crispix fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 3, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
It will always be a wonder to me that epitome of masculinity, the wrestler Big Daddy, was named Shirley

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

So are we as a society going to start talking about the 9-5 grind any time soon? Because right now I'm defaulting to a roughly 1-9am/2-10am sleep pattern and I feel loving amazing. I'm getting really productive around 5pm to 10pm.

There's going to be a long way to go with that, culturally. I will always remember working nights for over a year when I lived in Edinburgh city centre. It was a loving nightmare for many reasons but something that really pissed me off was sometimes after work while I was winding down in the morning I'd nip out to the shop in my trackies or whatever for some beer or wine and I would always get glares and sometimes even tut-tuts from people who apparently assumed I was a jobless day-drinker :nono:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

History Comes Inside! posted:

Some utter oval office that I work with has pitched "if this app works the police should be out doing spot checks and fining people who haven't got it installed, and shops should be checking at the door and refusing to let people in if they don't have it"

What the gently caress is wrong with people

And the people found not to have a telephone with the gizmo installed must be given a day in the village stocks whereupon the common folk's detritus shall be flung at them and thereafter shall they be made to carry a bell in public places and exclaim their uncleanliness to the heavens, for to set an example to all :mad:

(BBC comments are chock full of poo poo like this, people just love any excuse to be indignant I think)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I took things very literally as a child and I always pictured Willy Winky as a giant :dong: rather than a man :/

You remember in the mid to late 90s how there was hysteria about the perils of internet addiction among morons who write stuff for the papers? Kara is exactly what they imagined: a person spending 4 odd hours a day looking at emails :ohdear:

crispix fucked around with this message at 11:29 on May 4, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

big scary monsters posted:

This is just Instagram lifestyle posting from before Instagram existed - it's their imagined ideal day at their very most pious. I don't believe for a second that any of those people's real daily schedules and diets look like that, except possibly Thompson's.

I agree, they got up and had a wank then had some cocopops for breakfast and a pot noodle and a snickers for lunch and mccain potato smiles dipped in dairylea washed down with half a box of asda rosé for tea just like you and me, op

I mean I'm joking, there's a happy medium, and if Kara actually spends her life eating that way then her days must really be split between reading emails and making GBS threads her guts out

crispix fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 4, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
It's a tonty bliar mind trick, don't look at it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Doccykins posted:

looks familiar

Reminded me more of

God I forgot how bad the Ed Stone was. That big metal frame just looming like a guillotine :cripes:

crispix fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 5, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

goddamnedtwisto posted:

From an email from Sadiq Khan:

[quote]Alarmingly, the Resolution Foundation estimate unemployment rising to levels last seen in the 1980s. With a benefits system already buckling, we will need a new settlement that offers proper security for all. This should include ideas like a universal basic income, which is gaining support around the world and would ensure everybody can at least survive. /quote]

Lol that Captain Milquetoast is outflanking Starmer from the Left now too.

The timing of Corbyn going could not have been loving worse :(

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Ian Hislop for chief frensicist

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Vitamin P posted:

Not with woolen gloves, yes with latex gloves, sometimes with the boom leather driving gloves my uncle got me for Christmas.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

It's 10 years ago today the 2010 election was held, so enjoy the nostalgia of propaganda about getting feckless scroungers back to work I guess :geno:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Jose posted:

he's chatting poo poo

check out who is getting rehabilitated today

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1257969664560369664?s=20

I was watching an evening of Sunday TV from 1996 on Twitch a couple of weeks ago and there was an episode of his show on. One of the contestants was a Thai lady and he spent the episode racially abusing her and being an enormous creep. He is an utterly revolting person and must have some serious dirt on people to be where he is

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Jel Shaker posted:

Lol

My BP has come right down since I stopped listening to radio 4, radio 6 is a much better replacement

In that case make sure you never listen to Radio 2 between 12 and 2

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

feedmegin posted:

It's not even an affair. They had a poly/open relationship thing going on, nobody was cheating. Good luck expecting the press to explain that in a nuanced fashion though.

But were there ROMPs involved. Were they SECRET and STEAMY :catstare:

Was the other party a LEGGY BLONDE

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
We can start a weekly booing for bad things on say a Monday night

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

XMNN posted:

I will never understand people who hate wind turbines and think they ruin views, they've got an eerie alien beauty even before you account for the fact they're saving the planet

also the Wirral has the prettiest sunsets on earth imho/fight me

I mostly agree but if I was in charge I would make it law that all of them in the same sort of view type thing must be synchronised

I'd make it a new job people could have, for to keep them looking nice and neat

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I'd like to say I was smart enough to have intended that but it wouldn't be true.

I fancy they'd be like sort of a cross between gondoliers and the RNLI, hitting the blades with big sticks where necessary - hitting things with sticks being both probably the earliest human occupation and also (probably not coincidentally) most people's strategy of first resort when troubleshooting urgent problems involving things that are big and threatening or uncooperative.

I wonder if any of those countryside alliance loons have ever jammed a big tree trunk or something between the blade of a wind turbine and its tower. It's like something they'd do :mad:

crispix fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 7, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
We're going to have a million odd dead because people in this country just would not be told that they couldn't go to garden centres to buy more plastic garden ornaments with LEDs in or to the park to drink sneaky tins of special brew while they half-heartedly feed the ducks, aren't we :/

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

namesake posted:

The public isn't asking for this. Business leaders are because they're losing money now and they can replace the staff that die.

Some of the public definitely are asking for it and it won't take much to convince a whole lot more in spite of reality that it's nothing to worry about, again

My ma said a friend of hers who works in a DUP constituency office is on the phone to old people all day outraged that x is closed when off licences are still open and selling the devil's ale

x is mostly garden centres and churches

crispix fucked around with this message at 10:27 on May 7, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

namesake posted:

So why blame the small percentage of idiots when the damage is being done by the powerful forces in society convincing the public to die for their profits?

Like it's not entirely one thing or the other is it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

namesake posted:

You literally did just blame one of them.

It's ultimately the fault of the government for being ambivalent about a deadly virus, i get it. i'll just leave it at that because i don't think i'm expressing myself very well

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

gh0stpinballa posted:

im of the opinion that much of the anti lockdown sentiment is astroturfed. would be interesting to see what ads and posts the loudest of em have been looking at on facebook. once the boomer sees stuff on that shitshow these things take on a momentum of their own.

Maybe because of where I am but there are a lot of people even in my own family who still seem to be living in a state of cognitive dissonance and any announcement of an easing of the lockdown will be tantamount in their heads to the whole thing being over. It's going to be a poo poo show

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
So which cabinet minister's sprog had their finger in the pie of the home made app

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
You do your clapclaps and you enjoy it or you get the hose :mad:

I just remembered that wee lad hitting the bin with the cricket bat and laughed at it again a bit. I think if i had to choose one thing that encapsulates the zeitgeist in this country atm it'd be that

crispix fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 7, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Suppositories are a gateway dildo :catstare:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

I wouldn't hear a car for hours at the start, but now the penis compensators are out lapping around with their hosed engines (or whatever makes that WOOOOOOOO animal sound) again.

Whales, op :krakken:

The spide lads in their ridiculous cars didn't ever stop here. Idk if all the other traffic off the road made them more noticeable or if they were making the most of having the roads mostly to themselves. They apparently didn't stop their late night meetings in car parks where they line the cars all up and open the windows there. I would love to know what they spend all that time talking about :allears:

crispix fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Failed Imagineer posted:

I assume there's just talking about their cars, and watching Fast and Furious movies on TVs installed in their steering wheels

I would love to know how they get got their cars through the MOT every year. Presumably they had to spend about a fortnight stripping all the illegal modifications out and then at least the same putting it back on again