Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nhs-will-have-first-dibs-on-vaccine-being-tried-at-oxford-j6jjjqjm9

I don't quite understand what this article means by "first dibs?" Can't they get other companies outside the UK to produce it? Are they seriously saying that they would withhold the vaccine from the rest of the world just so the NHS can get it first? Are they really going to manufacture the vaccine in one country and then ship it back to the UK and expect that country to be fine with it? What the hell?

Why not just give it to all the pharmaceutical companies and let them use their own resources to produce it so we can maximize production?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

blunt posted:

We've got trade deals to negotiate.

When I started thinking about it I realized this is going to be the way BoJo restores the British empire. You have to declare subservience to Britain or no coronavirus vaccine