Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Just having a click through the Podcasts as you do when there's a new thread and the OP is the first post you see (and you are adding podcasts to your catcher that you will never listen to).

Agitpod link is dead.
Reasons to be Cheerful link is dead.
Revolutionary Despatches hasn't had a new episode for >1 yr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Guavanaut posted:

There was something of a movement towards progressive capital punishment in the late 19th century, as long as progressive meant 'set them on fire with electricity' or 'small room filled with the bad acid gases'.

I think it's only Washington state that bothered to go with measured drop hanging. Idaho and (at one point anyway) Utah let you pick firing squad, which seems fairly humane compared to all the rest. I'm surprised it isn't more popular given certain law departments' love of shooting people and the psychological positioning of the gun as a tool to turn injustice into justice.

Portillo's method was dry nitrogen gas, which works very well, but you might die without knowing it, so justice does not happen. Also he got hanged in effigy in the documentary so it's worth watching.

Anyway, speaking of extremely normal things happening in America, Maryland has called in the National Guard and state police to guard coronavirus tests and supplies, to stop them being seized by the federal government to be redistributed to states that DJT likes.

Have either of the first two got new links, or are they gone?

There is this one for Agitpod, but it looks like there hasn't been a new episode for >2 yrs and the Twitter account hasn't been posted on for that long too.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/this-is-distorted/political-ramblings-with-owen-jones-and-ellie-ohagan

This must be the new link for RTBC:

https://www.cheerfulpodcast.com/

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Dell_Zincht posted:

My library sent me an email saying I have £14.48 to pay in fines when the library re-opens.

I sent them an email back saying "lol no"

My library has just been adding time on the return dates for the books I borrowed just before LOCKDOWN.

Up to 8th of June now.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

He likes, thousands in the Labour Party, and is glad the chapter is now closed?

Nice grammar there Laura!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fuckin wee willy Johnson.

:emptyquote:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

forkboy84 posted:

but my record collection? That's alphabetical by artist and then chronological by release date of each album

This is something I need to get on with a redo now I've started listening to my collection again.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

efb

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Communist Thoughts posted:

who is kiera bell? some cis woman killed by a trans woman or something?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-51693587/i-should-have-been-challenged-on-my-transition

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I wish I had grabbed a copy of one of the many photos that were shared on one of my towns Facebook groups, but someone spray-painted "Die English Cunts" on a wall quite near my house.

The reactions were of course hilariously xenophobic and much to be expected from people of my town.

Here's some local hero painting over the graffiti:

It might have been longer than "Die English Cunts", I can't remember what it actually said, it was this morning.

I thought it was incredibly funny.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Petition to change Remembrance Sunday to Celebration Sunday.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I found a picture of the graffiti I mentioned yesterday:

My favourite comments to come out of the uproar are "Just jealous they lost 75 years ago." and "On today of all days".

Some sensible people did suggest it was done by English people just to stir up poo poo, but then it was pointed out the spelling was correct which counts out the natives of the town.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jippa posted:

Where is this?

Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

This is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing.

Should be doing.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Has this been posted?

https://twitter.com/PaulJSweeney/status/1259751127941341184?s=20

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

DEVESTATINGLY

https://twitter.com/PeterStefanovi2/status/1259866258343952386?s=19

I've forgotten the original thread title already, but I'm adding DEVESTATINGLY to it for my grindcore band.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

People staying alert very quietly this Thursday evening round our way.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Sorry your Husband is, at best, a centrist OP.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Quite loud claps last night, I assume because they all forgot last week and were feeling guilty.

Someone has told trumpet player to gently caress off because they have gone from playing every single evening at 8 pm to not at all for a week now.

And finally, I can only imagine someone else's clock was off by an hour-and-a-half because we got a solid 5 minutes of fireworks at 9:30 pm.

P.S. I went to the shop during the day to get essential supplies and nobody gave a gently caress about social distancing, and the shopkeep, usually very good about telling people off for being poo poo, looked to have thrown the towel in.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

tfw you hold a record for putting things up your arse.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

That episode of Byker Grove still haunts me to this day.

MY EYES!!!

I have never paintballed because of PJ & Duncan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jel Shaker posted:

They’re actual key workers frozen in that gold stuff they put Han Solo in btw

Carbonite, goodness me.