Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

My library sent me an email saying I have £14.48 to pay in fines when the library re-opens.

I sent them an email back saying "lol no"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

So a care home in my area made the papers a few days ago because 17 of its residents have died, 2 confirmed of COVID-19 but the rest died before tests could be administered.

Last night they decided to hold a party outside with a free ice cream van, supported by Middlesbrough Neighbourhood Police Team and not adhering to social distancing whatsoever. They then decided to share this video on Facebook, only taking it down and making their page private when loads of people left negative comments about what a stupid loving thing it was to do.

This country.

Oh and why yes, Middlesbrough *does* have one of, if not the highest infection rate in the country :downs:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Ms Adequate posted:

I named my night elf arched in WoW Jocasta :v:

I'm curious to find out what's wrong with names like Tarquin and Jocasta though. The associations we have attached to them because of class stereotypes is one thing, but some folks seem to get a bit visceral about perfectly cromulent names.

They're just loving stupid names

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

Lots of countries have restrictions of one form or another.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naming_law

So basically this council person had absolutely no right to refuse to register that name, then

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Look I didn't name my daughter Stella after the alcoholic beverage I named her after the famous fashion designer okay??

Now come on Carlsberg, we're going to Maccy D's for tea

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

So are we as a society going to start talking about the 9-5 grind any time soon? Because right now I'm defaulting to a roughly 1-9am/2-10am sleep pattern and I feel loving amazing. I'm getting really productive around 5pm to 10pm.

Your body is going to be hosed when you go back to work.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I apologise for linking to Lad Bible but the video in this link is from a street party in my town yesterday, loving idiots:

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-people-criticised-after-gathering-for-huge-ve-day-street-party-20200509

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Blame Canada! Scotland!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

baka kaba posted:

is this a Karma Police reference

Keirma Police

Come on, Starmer Police was RIGHT there

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Venomous posted:

This plague might have been the biggest boost to the antivaxxer movement in years. smdh

e: May 1960 was when some load of overrated Liverpudlians changed their name to the Silver Beetles. In July they became the Silver Beatles, and I don't need to tell you what name they settled on that August.

The Silver Scousers

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

XMNN posted:

pizza burger (serves 2-4):

0. get really high and/or drunk
1. get two frozen margherita pizzas and oven for like 80% of their cooking time
2. fry 4 burgers and onions and maybe some bacon
3. take one pizza, cover in burgers, onions and maybe some bacon
4. put loads of that plastic shredded mozzarella on top
5. invert the second pizza and apply to the top of the first
6. return to oven for a few minutes
7. chop into quarters while trying not to think about the river of grease flowing across the chopping board

I wish I could find the picture of it, it was delicious

Hmm it's no Meat Ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmyDyCbslEc

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

Stupid cummies. Gov advice if you have the roni is to stay at home and die quietly where you won't be recorded, to save our NHS

Nothings gonna come of any of this though

I don't know, the news story is spreading pretty quickly

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

stev posted:

Never underestimate the attention span of the British media. Something else will crop up to draw attention by the end of the day.

True, but (understandably) the Great British Public seem incredibly pissed off about this, so we'll see!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Told you this wasn't going away soon.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

We're all hosed when this second wave hits, aren't we

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

CoolCab posted:

it's gonna get wild for sure. god i hope i have already had it, then i could see my mom again :(

did you change your av recently? i recognize your name but without the avatar i'm lost lol

It was Spider-Man in jail, it got changed by someone in the GBS Final Fantasy thread (at my request.)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

"We've never told people where to locate themselves."

YES YOU loving DID.

AT HOME.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I really, really don't like Piers Morgan, but his Twitter is absolutely hilarious right now.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Got to say, Pippa Crerar and Matthew Weaver have played an absolute blinder by sitting on half of the story while the Tories scrabble around to defend Cummings at any cost - only to then release the second half of the story today.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

Isn't there still another date theyr sitting on?

May 10th is floating around on Twitter.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lol

https://twitter.com/RichardA/status/1264522834526822401?s=19

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Boris Johnson is now leading the 5pm press conference.

This could be tasty.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

My hope is that Boris does the conference, announces he has confidence in him, wraps it up and makes a swift exit.

5 minutes later we get a photo of Cummies gawping at some Durham bluebells in May.

This is what I'm hoping will happen too.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Kin posted:

I'm betting he'll just apologise, admit he did wrong for (important reasons) and put on a fake humble persona then hope things naturally move on.

He's not going to apologise. If he does it'll be a total non-apology.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

gently caress whoever is using that air horn

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lol he's changing his story completely and blaming the media for forcing him to leave London

What an utter oval office

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

So he's totally changed his story from leaving London because his family needed childcare to leaving London because he felt his home was being targeted.

Brilliant.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lmao it's all the media's fault

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

He's like a deer caught in the headlights right now, this is great

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Finally someone asks him about his wife's article in the Spectator!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

This was such a bad idea, lol

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Right so just to clarify, if you have small children, feel free to interpret the law however you like.

Brb, just stealing my neighbours car

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lmao

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Isomermaid posted:

There's a good campaign here, and a pretty damning report on this here, which I encourage you all to read, even if you already know about NHS privatisation because it's eyeopening.

I indirectly used to work for Clipper Logistics, I'm glad I no longer do.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Who'dathunk captain CPS loves putting people in prison.

Wonder what he thinks about cops underlying heart conditions killing people adjacent to the police.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jul/22/cps-statement-death-ian-tomlinson

Oh yeah.

ffs

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Given that he always said hello with a very enthusiastic wayeayeman I'm pretty sure he was geordie.

He was the only one that sounded like that so I assume he was an expat from like, a colony inside the tyne bridge or something, with his mam being alan shearer and his dad being a puddle of runoff from the newkie brown factory.

Mackems say wayayeman, too

They all secretly want to be Geordies anyway.

I'm from Middlesbrough as you know and when I went down to Peterborough for a backyard wrestling interfed event perfectly normal social event everyone thought I was a Geordie.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Maugrim posted:

Hey guys, how about them crisps

I'm glad giant wotsits are a regular thing in supermarkets now and my wife doesn't have to keep buying overpriced Cheetos from import stores.

the best wotsits are the bbq beef ones, change my mind

(yes I know they changed the name to sizzling steak but they taste the same)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

kecske posted:

nows my chance to declare that monster munch sucks and it's a travesty that they cast a shadow over their superior alternative: SKIPS

skips are cool because they melt in your mouth, not in your hand

no wait that's m&ms