Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I have now had three separate emails from labour telling me they are sad I'm gone so can I get taken off that clp list cause it makes me sad

Ms Adequate posted:

Genuinely surprised there isn't a huge pro-torture movement in the US. (Well, the Republicans exist, but you know what I mean :v:)

There was, around the first few years of the almighty war on terror there was a lot of effort put into assuring americans (and the wider world) that torturing the poo poo out of people worked and was a-ok especially if jack bauer was doing it to someone very stereotypically middle eastern with a clock counting down somewhere because they are running out of time

Then as soon as it was clear that consequences don't exist in a hypernormalised world those fond of torture stopped bothering to fund and run an unnecessary pr campaign as they could just do it quietly and be ignored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

If you pay up front, delivery places will deliver to instructions like "the stile by the broken fence after the green gate down the farm lane off drake avenue"

It's only self control and lack of money that stop me being the fattest bastard in the woods

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guavanaut posted:

Pictured: DesperateDan with more money and less self control.

living the dream

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yes, though if you notified Labour Membership they ought to have done that, but in any case notify your CLP secretary and chair and they'll take you off the local membership lists.

My clp sec was first port of call when I quit- I meant the clp list in the op but thanks regardless :)

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

LordVorbis posted:

You're not my supervisor!

That's not very outlaw country of you

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Doing your own fruit wines out of cheap fruit juice beats beer brewing on terms of cost and effort- literally throw all the ingredients in a suitable container, leave in a warm dark place till it stops bubbling, put in bottles and await liver disease.

Last time I made some it came to about a quid per 2 litres of very drinkable 14% fizzy fruit wine. You can even use empty 2 litre pop bottles to hold it

I did an effort post one time but it probably got lost in the sands of time- I might do another batch later in the year- I'm not a drinker anymore but it's fun and a nice gift to give.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

feedmegin posted:

Orrr just make proper cider. Take apple juice without preservatives, add some kind of brewing yeast (I like champagne), wait. It's literally how you make even the non-prison kind of cider; no boiling or hops or w/e to worry about.

look I'm not sure how it all works exactly but I planted the apple trees and they are growing but last year I had a grand total of about a dozen apples

I think more happen over time and then I squish them somehow and juice happens

Though from memory even the cheap apple juice I used was only juice and they just pasteurised it, posh stuff would undoubtedly taste better but in the words of my forebears how bloody much

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Ms Adequate posted:

I did say that the Republican party exists!!

Well look are you gonna bring em up and expect me not to take a chance to dust off some material from around 2003?

Bush bad. So was the new metallica album. Folk were putting fibreglass into weed. But then electric six released fire, for which we can all be eternally grateful

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

There's a lot of garden variety transphobes around saying and doing horrible things but I tend to associate terf with being organised/it being a main part of their ideology and them doing, well, terfy poo poo like running a dozen twitter accounts to stalk glinners comments for a fight, faking up some petitions or brigading mumsnet

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I was gonna post but I had a nap and now I feel I should round out the evening with a hot chocolate and a sleep

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

justcola posted:

Drinking these pints of vodka seems to get me more drunk than pints of bitter, maybe we should ban both?

The weed they used to have looks pretty rubbish.

Its rare, but I have had stuff look that bad or worse and it sent me straight to the loving moon, much the same as I have had great looking nugs that looked like they came straight from the cover of a stoner mag and they did nowt other than give me a nasty taste in the mouth, a headache and an empty wallet

Looks can be deceiving

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I'm doing a social distancing at about 200 metres and entirely no 'rona.

maybe 400 metres would be twice as better

Payndz posted:

The only reason I didn't have exactly the same lunch today as I do maybe 13 days out of 14 (it saves wasting time and mental effort wondering what I'm going to eat) is because one of our dogs jumped up on the table while my back was turned and ate half my sweet chilli hummus, Quorn imitation turkey slice, Dijon mustard and extra-mature cheddar cheese sandwich, the little bastard.

Use enough mustard and the cat won't go near, or at least the second time they will be wary. Or hot sauce. My old dear cat used to give me the stink eye whenever he saw me reaching for either

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I know we're living in strange times but last I checked cats still aren't dogs.

Cats, dogs, ferrets, wildebeests, whatever. If they have mucous membranes and a sense of self preservation they ain't getting near my colmans mustard sandwich with ham and cheese and they aren't even looking longingly at whatever I dumped a bottle of encona extra hot on

If I'm not near hallucinations, it isn't flavour country yet

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guavanaut posted:

Ferrets are cats.

I think we should check the rulings of the international ferret-legging association of west yorkshire on that subject to be honest

quote:

{Rules and regulations, 137th edition, chapter 3- "equipment and location" subsection B}

upon a ferret being unavailable, or another animal is mistakenly used and this is discovered during the standard running time of a league or championship match, substitute animals are to be allowed with the express permission of all contestants and with due consideration for local regulations, how likely you are to be rumbled by the constabulary and time left before last orders

So that's a maybe?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

So I was one of the few parents at my son's school to not have problems with the school meal voucher system (beyond them turning up in the spam folder, suitably enough) but now I join my peers in them now not arriving, yay

Feel glad/lucky that I don't *need* them with any urgency, and shite for the people that do, and also for those given gift cards only for them to not work at the checkout and leave the parent to either cover it out of pocket or sheepishly say "it will all have to go back". gently caress.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

TV used to also make half hearted attempts at courting viewers under the age of 50

Now they just don't care, gave up and it's full on grannyvision 24/7

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

How long till some palace courtier bashes out a few hundred words in the telegraph floating the idea "people should just work for their 60% furlough pay until companies are back on their feet properly, to show we are all in it together"

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

communism bitch posted:

lol we're gonna have 40,000 dead before the end of summer aint we

Before this is done with, between actual covid deaths and those caused by the crisis you can probably stick a zero on the end

Lots of folk out today around lunch when I went to work, gently caress all coming back around 5 though, literally half the commute time.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Ash Crimson posted:

Does anyone else feel like that lockdown is slowly ebbing away?

Yesterday I went into asda, because a click and collect order got hosed up and food was needed.

The security on the door were paying no loving attention to how many were actually coming out of the shop, they would just say "5 more" every few minutes and then chat with each other while 15 trolleys walk past them.

Inside was a trolley cleaning station that maybe one in five used (all supplies chained to the desk, yay shoebury). There were clear direction arrows on the ground and walls for the aisles but no-one paid any attention and there was no enforcement- this and that the place was so packed that 2 metres was gonna be very hard to deal with. Multiple people just sauntered straight up next to me while I was taking stuff off the shelves and about 1 in 30 in the store had masks on at best.

I get my bits while doing an internal commentary consisting of a famous scene from the wire and que for the self service and some older guy has issues. Staff go over and request that he stands back a bit and he glared at them and let off the most gammonly of "ughhh" I ever heard before realising she wasn't going to sort the till for him unless he did and grumpily stepping back.

I exit and pass the newspaper stand and every loving headline I glanced at was tumescent at the prospect of relaxing a lockdown.

Today is a bank holiday and it's gonna hit 22C. I'm probably going to see parking on my road fill up with people going to the seafront. again.

Doomed, etc.

36 people I saw yesterday probably gonna die of 'rona

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 8, 2020

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

josh04 posted:

jesus christ

vaccums the piss right out of the balls

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I'm off to barter flour and cuppa soups for some yeast sachets. Quite enjoying this system tbh. Plus, my snazzy home made mask makes me look a bit like a bandit.

Strong confirm on folk using garden centres as social clubs. Really hoping my fav tree/bush supplier survives this, both financially and from the walking soon to be dead

Probably wise to try and stock up over the next week or so if you can safely

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Jippa posted:

These wasps keep trying to build a nest right above front door just above head height. I keep taking it down. I am in a war of attrition. They really want this spot for some reason.

No lie, you need a fake wasp nest or maybe an old one and hang it there

They very often won't go near an existing one.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

If the alert system hasn't got a BIKINI STATE then I'm not interested tbh

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I live about a mile from southend seafront- for the third day in a row, tourists are parking up on my street to go to the beach, and every road between the front and here is full, people doing laps to try and find spaces.

I think there are limits to how much excuse "the government/media are crap/complicit" can provide, gently caress these complacent idiots

Saw an interview where a woman had driven down 3 hours from leicester because she "had to get my energy from the sea". She should park on my road, she can have a couple of used AA's through her front windshield free of charge

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

dom cummies might be replaced but it won't change owt, he's a cog in the machine as much as boris is

been a laugh so far though, especially the boilerplate, whatsapp conspired twitter lovebomb mp's and courtiers did only to be followed up with "nah actually he's doubleshit" and then

c0burn posted:

I reckon the Mirrors got photos and they're leaving those until last. Please let there be photos

Probably something like this after another boilerplate pr attempt through whatsapp

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Darth Walrus posted:

We've seen how willing the government is to discard expendable cogs in the machine. The way everyone is circling around Cummings is markedly different.

I guess if you go secretly meeting with the israeli government or being disgraced former/current/schroedinger's minister liam fox you can expect to go back into a job after a year or two on the backbenches after a sad resignation letter

Whatever cummies did they want him burnt permanent like I guess, and/or maybe he didn't want to go and refused to resign/factional poo poo is happening.

That, and it would be easy enough to "retire" him and keep him pretty much just as active

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Zalakwe posted:

Part of the reason they are defending him in my view is because he's ablative armour, people are questioning his judgement when what they should be doing is questioning the judgement of the PM.

As per the graun-

Downing Street declined to comment on the new claims before publication. On Saturday night they issued this statement: “Yesterday the Mirror and Guardian wrote inaccurate stories about Mr Cummings. Today they are writing more inaccurate stories including claims that Mr Cummings returned to Durham after returning to work in Downing Street on 14 April. We will not waste our time answering a stream of false allegations about Mr Cummings from campaigning newspapers.”

Dom cummies has thrown many dead cats, now he is the dead cat