Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Best flag is the Mozambique one because it's got an AK-47 on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Guavanaut posted:

And a book. And a hoe.

lol I didn't even notice the gangtag :doh:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

CGI Stardust posted:

Labour has released the 7 Core Principles by which it will provide good, unifying opposition during the crisis

Hmm yes a very forensic use of colour, finally we have a strong opposition.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

josh04 posted:

jesus christ

lol that is absolutely shameless

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I know things kind of suck at the moment so here's a couple of pictures of my local forest today looking very lovely indeed.

It's so close to me and I had no idea about it until just randomly browsing google maps.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Deketh posted:

Gorgeous, I love bluebells. I had a nice little walk through some woods myself, did some nettle and dandelion foraging, then came home and got wound up by arseholes again.
Also - you may be aware of this - but if you go to bing maps you can change the dropdown in the top right (on desktop) from road/aerial to Ordnance Survey and you get a lovely OS map of the area, complete with walking routes etc. Those maps normally cost like a tenner each or thereabouts, highly recommend if looking for walking spots.

Oh that's cool, looks like I'll be spending all Sunday looking at free OS maps!

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't watch it because I hate looking at Boris, what were the main points/changes if anything? Even if it's just vague fluff.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

sassassin posted:

Shrewsbury's always been weird about Wales. Bit like Bristol where you had to be careful about sounding "too Welsh" because of the reaction some people would have.

I have literally never come across this while living in Bristol.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Red Oktober posted:

Also golf and tennis are pretty socially distanced anyway. As long as (with golf) you don’t have someone who’s very close in between shots at least.

If my Gran's experience golfing is anything like the norm (thankfully she doesn't anymore because she gave up her car) then it'll be play a few holes then spend the rest of the day in the clubhouse/restaurant all packed in sharing chips with each other.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Rumours circulating around my work that most of us won't be going back into the office at all this year and will be WFH for the rest of it. Makes sense honestly and it's not like I'm unhappy with that news!

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

stev posted:

We're the same. They just spent two months and probably loads of money getting thousands of people set up to work from home so they're not likely to want to rush everyone back to the office.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of most of the office space and make working from home the norm once this is over now that the infrastructure's in place.

Yeah, more than one senior person has mentioned that they were pretty against WFH before this all happened because of ~*productivity*~ but since then they've realised that we're just as productive being at home so who gives a gently caress. Some of us have even been more productive because we're not constantly distracted by working in the hell that is open plan offices with 'breakout spaces' and people wanting to have a meeting right behind your desk and all the other poo poo that goes along with it.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
The good thing about WFH is that you don't need to live in the middle of a city and pay an extortionate amount of rent for a single bed room in a shithole building. I'm paying less money out in the sticks for a 3 bed semi detached house with my GF than I did when I lived in the middle of bristol for a tiny 1 bed place.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

blunt posted:

Not to outright disagree with you, but this presupposes that the only things someone does with their time is work and watch Netflix. If you enjoy leaving the house and doing things (especially with other people) then living in the middle of a city has a lot of upsides which for some people justifies the price (pandemic notwithstanding).

I guess what I'm saying is, not a lot of nights out in the countryside.

I'm 30 minutes from the centre of Bristol now. You don't need to live in the middle of nowhere to take advantage of cheaper rents. If I want a night out I just get the train. Also I'm closer to stuff that I like doing here like mountain biking and hiking. It definitely doesn't work for some people but it's really not an effort to get into town if you want to. I just don't have to deal with the commute every day.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

winegums posted:

Sleepy Joe will not pull out young people in anything approaching important numbers. He's also just an establishment choice who even if he won will just promote the same neoliberalism that has put America where it is.

Essentially the US is one election cycle ahead of us.

This is the main thing. Whoever wins the US loses, nothing will change except the rich will get richer.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Grey Hunter posted:

Then Corbyn rips off the mask and reveals it was him all along.

"and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling libs!"

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1264465716000022528?s=19

:3:

I remember the joy I had when I was a kid and riding a bike finally clicked, it's awesome to see adults who never had the chance to learn finally do it!

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Lol he definitely has dirt on so many people if they're still not going to sack him.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Not sure of the name of a male Karen but they're definitely the men who always mansplain things to experts in their field and assume that they know better than them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Wachter posted:

She mentioned the "joy" of shopping in places like Cribbs loving Causeway Mall in Bristol, which is something absolutely nobody has ever experienced.

The presenters then went on to ask how a professional leprechaun whisperer has been affected by lockdown, so

lmaooo

The last time I was in Cribbs Causeway it was to get laser eye surgery and let me tell you stumbling through hoards of saturday afternoon shoppers with blurry, freshly zapped vision is not a fun thing.