Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
my neighbor started bitching at me about us not joining in with the clap

so we started joining in, after i put up a huge NEVER TRUST A TORY sign in our window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
hi, i'm a terrible lurker. not sure if this has been mentioned but since i just found out (hadn't seen an email from hmrc or anything in the news), i thought I'd post it here.

for any self-employed people: access to the self-employment income support scheme has been moved up. when it was announced it was due to launch in june, but hmrc are now going to accept claims from 13 may with payouts arriving in bank accounts 6 working days later.

if you do the eligibility checker here (you need your taxpayer id and NI number), then follow the log-in to hmrc's system (you need your Government Gateway user ID and password for this), you'll be able to update your email and phone in their system so they text you a reminder when you can apply.

this is a loving godsend for me, i lost all my income instantly (travel publishing industry lol) and would have struggled to survive until the end of next month. hope this helps someone else who wasn't aware

death to tories

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green

bornbytheriver posted:

Please tell me that omnishambles is now listed in the OED

very much so

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
sorry for the e/n post, but i'm not really sure where else to turn with this.

my husband and i both joined the party because of corbyn, were generally on the same page, etc. until the leadership election. i voted for RLB, who i didn't think was a perfect candidate but was still the one closest to what i want from labour, while he voted for starmer. he has completely refused to talk about why he voted for starmer with me because he knows i don't think he's the best choice (i have never made this personal with him [why would I?], but i was obviously disappointed the day the result was announced and he took it personally).

today he mentioned donkey sanctuary-gate and i was like, "yeah, unsurprising the mail would do that, but you have to admit, 'i bought the land for a donkey sanctuary for my mum' is a pretty hilarious response." he blew up at me for "taking the other side just because you don't like him" and now says he never wants to talk with me about anything to do with starmer again.

we always really enjoyed debating things we didn't agree about before. i'm going to try not to mention starmer but tbh i think it's a little bit of a strange ask to never talk about the leader of the party we're both active members of! does anyone have any advice on how i should handle the fact that kier starmer is ruining my marriage?

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
thanks for the advice, ukmt.

i'm fine with agreeing to disagree, not really fine with something being totally not up for discussion. i'm going to leave it for today but try to have a conversation with him about it this week.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Your hub is probably a bit embarrassed about his choice as Starmer wasn't Stormin' * up the popularity charts within hours of becoming leader.

yeah, probably partly this. he's probably also embarrassed because I said the day the result was announced that picking the "sensible" option wouldn't keep the press from coming up with ridiculous poo poo and, well, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
wow it seems like the intolerant left is to blame, who might have guessed