Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
!

Reminder that there is a BCG trial going on right now run by Texas A&M which is looking for 1,800 volunteers throughout the state of Texas. As far as I know you must be a medical worker to participate, and they might expand to LA and other parts of the country soon.

https://twitter.com/AggieRabbi/status/1255598122262310918?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

get busy postin and get busy dyin

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
drat that was a good snipe

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
how are people celebrating their reopening? I'm going to the rub and tug and bringing extra gloves.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

applebees is legit the worst fuckin chain restaurant i would rather eat cold chilli straight out the can instead

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

belongs in OP imo

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

My guess is 137, 069

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

eric ciaramella posted:

how are people celebrating their reopening? I'm going to the rub and tug and bringing extra gloves.

I’ve been practicing in hinging my jaw so I can put whole doorknobs in my mouth

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

so whats the deal with sweden? honestly the numbers from over there dont seem that bad considering they arent murdering their own economy like everyone else

like as far as im concerned keep the quarantie going on forever because im still getting paid and working 2 hours instead of 8 with no commute and high as gently caress all day long but i know a lot of people are suffering economically and it will only get worse so maybe theres some truth to the idea of the cure being worse than the disease. i dunno im just asking q pls dont dogpile me

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/abettel/status/1255995967234617356

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

My guess is 175,000 deaths in the US total on May 31st.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

good news for big bodybag

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

One million

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

babypolis posted:

so whats the deal with sweden? honestly the numbers from over there dont seem that bad considering they arent murdering their own economy like everyone else

not only is their economy getting murdered, but have 8x the deaths of north carolina with the same number of people.

white people are lionizing sweden because they're using this disease as a way to kill off expensive pensioners and their somali refugee population

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

babypolis posted:

like as far as im concerned keep the quarantie going on forever because im still getting paid and working 2 hours instead of 8 with no commute and high as gently caress all day long but i know a lot of people are suffering economically and it will only get worse so maybe theres some truth to the idea of the cure being worse than the disease. i dunno im just asking q pls dont dogpile me

According to the Imperial College forecasting they have R(t) sitting right near 1 at the moment. So they have slid down to it rather than suppressing R(t) below 1 then loosening things up until R(t) is near 1.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

https://bodybagstore.com/body-bags.html

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

According to the Imperial College forecasting they have R(t) sitting right near 1 at the moment. So they have slid down to it rather than suppressing R(t) below 1 then loosening things up until R(t) is near 1.

what does this mean

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

twoday posted:

!

Reminder that there is a BCG trial going on right now run by Texas A&M which is looking for 1,800 volunteers throughout the state of Texas. As far as I know you must be a medical worker to participate, and they might expand to LA and other parts of the country soon.

https://twitter.com/AggieRabbi/status/1255598122262310918?s=20

fun fact about this

the Health Science Center is its own thing and secures most of its research funding through independent federal grants which are managed centrally by the university, so one person is in charge of overseeing all the financial transactions between the granting agency and the department. then there's one person at the department level who oversees the financial transactions from the department to each project. anyway, the point is i hosed that person.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

babypolis posted:

they are winning

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

If I'm right, I'm a time traveller from the future and you should all give me money to hear my thoughts

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

babypolis posted:

what does this mean

It means they'll probably keep seeing the same number of people get infected and die for a while

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

251k cumd.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

it's so nice to be here Drew Carey. I do not want to kill you. I'm going under. 1 death.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Admiral Ray posted:

they are winning

fake news USA #1 babeee

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
All I wanna do is
zoom-a-zoom zoom zoom
Through a Boom Boom
Put faith in Trump

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
goddamnit

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
technically re opening won't cause a second peak, because the first peak never ended. which means the liberals were wrong, and we should O P E N ' E R UP

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
I am here for The World Applies Business Metrics to A Real Problem part 5, May.

Can't wait to see the real numbers published in 4 years and immediately side lined by some idpol bull poo poo

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
May is going to be a hell of a sequel mr presodent!

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

My guess is 496,000 . It will get extremely close to half a million and cause extreme anguish and despair (that it didn’t cross the boundary before June)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Notorious R.I.M. posted: