Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORSE OF THE YEAR
Jun 7, 2012

We just found out today that an employee at my work has tested positive for covid. I work in a grocery store in AZ (not Kroger, Walmart or Whole Foods) in a well to do suburb of Phoenix. We don’t work in the same department and I haven’t had close contact with them, but gently caress man. It was inevitable, I’d say maybe half of our customers wear masks, and maybe half of the employees wear their masks correctly (like only covering their mouths and not their nose, lowering it to loving talk, etc.) Store management is doing their best to make it seem like not a big deal, but I was talking to the grocery manager earlier and he’s considering bailing for at least five days if just for his own mental health. I’m at work right now, everyone is on edge except management. They’re not requiring anyone quarantine besides other employees who had overlapping shifts with the confirmed case. I knew this would eventually happen, but I don’t know what to do next. how the gently caress are we supposed to go on just like business as usual? Today we are doing major table changes in my department, we’re already understaffed and since we’ve officially reopened in AZ management has been expecting performance to be just as it always was. I’m trying to get everything done but all I can think is “gently caress this, there are more important things going on right now.”

sorry for rambling, I’m just scared of bringing this poo poo home to my wife, scared of maybe already giving it to my family and hers. stay safe goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU