Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

What?! I CaNT BELIEVE THIS?!?! how?!?!?! Surely not GEORGIA?!?!

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1256248545520373760?s=21

I heard an interview with a Florida Congressman earlier today on a local radio station. The anchor was questioning him on if it was wise for Georgia/Florida to reopen.

He claimed that because South Korea and Singapore have the virus under control it's possible for the virus to be under control. Therefore reopening is the right choice.

Crack

Ping

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pindakaas posted:

The curve is flattening upward.

It's an upwards downtrending spikespiral

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Sometimes a Zombie is just a Zombie

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hmmm

quote:

KCNA news agency reports that the North Korean leader cut the ribbon at the opening of a fertiliser factory.

It adds that people at the factory "broke into thunderous cheers of hurrah" when he appeared.

The latest reports from North Korean media could not be independently confirmed.

Well as long as the source is a trustworthy dictators propaganda apparatus

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/patstokes/status/1257140984837632001

Keeping energy levels up is important if you want to maintain a quality shitposting regimen.

Only when you have driven your body to the point of failure, both through arby's driven diarrhea dehydration and lack of sleep, can you truly tap into the hidden depths of shitposting within

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

Daily reminder that Prester Jane was right

I think there is a big difference between "This is going to turn into a huge worldwide issue and a bunch of people are going to die" which is what happened and a shitload of people were already saying at the time and "Society is going to break down, China is hiding millions of dead and the survivors are going to go insane and descend into their animal base instincts and wash away human civilization as a pack of virus laden great apes so that nothing of the old world remains" which is what Prester Jane's paranoia thought was happening.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

ATLANTA — State budget cuts are coming because of the near halt in our economy, state leaders confirmed Monday to Channel 2 Action News.

Georgia, like the rest of the states across the country, are taking in less money.

Channel 2 anchor Justin Farmer spoke with Georgia’s top leaders and economists, who told him just about everything’s on the table to balance the budget.

Georgia House Speaker David Ralston said cuts will be significant statewide.

“There's an expected $3.5 billion to $4 billion budget shortfall," Ralston said.

Gov. Brian Kemp, who must sign any budget, told Farmer the same.

We can't spend more revenue than we bring in and obviously, you know the revenue that's been coming in has taken a nosedive in this environment,” Kemp said.

With no bars open, hardly anyone eating out, no concerts, virtually no commuting, the tax revenue for Georgia has fallen dramatically.

Every state department and agency are being asked to submit a 14% budget reduction.

“It's deeper than we saw in the great recession,” said Tom Cunningham, chief economist for the Metro Atlanta Chamber.

I guess they figured someone, somewhere, might doubt why they actually reopened Georgia first so they need to lay it out in plain terms that they were just losing too much money. The thousands of people the Georgia state government will needlessly murder is a small price to pay for more sales tax revenue to balance budgets.

It's funny that we are just in the start of this poo poo too. gently caress yourselves, your tax dollars aren't coming back.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 02:50 on May 5, 2020

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

what the gently caress I still can't believe the polynomial fit thing, I mean it's clearly what they did but what the gently caress

did they think it was valid or do they know and just not care

It's either extreme incompetence and nobody knows enough to fact check the projection or they are so terrified of the economic projections that they hope they can just trick people into spending money to boost number.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

Wearing masks sucks. It's not fun, makes it a bit more difficult to breathe and if you wear glasses your poo poo gets fogged up. It's a necessary sacrifice to help at least curb the infection rate and people should suck it up and do it, but let's not pretend that it's a great and fun thing to do.

This is the latest culture war nonsense, where one side decides that doing a good thing like wearing a mask to curb the spread is not only important, but makes you a moral good person and you should not express any discontent with the situation, while the other side reacts to that with a "gently caress you i won't do what you tell me!" refusal to do the thing that is necessary but uncomfortable.

Flavius Aetass posted:

my mask makes me sweaty and my glasses fog up at the store :(

facetoucher cat posted:

Put a square of toilet paper folded up under the bridge of the nose in the mask and it will not fog up

e: try to keep a good seal

I thought all the posts on social media were just jokes but can glasses havers really not figure out how to move the glasses like a fraction of an inch down your nose so they don't fog? They don't need to be pressed into your retinas 24/7.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

Everyone is opening because states are all facing imminent bankruptcy because now all the sudden money printer broke and federal government will help it's constituent states "over my dead body". It's going to be loving awesome by the end of this week when everyone figures out oh hey opening up doesn't mean poo poo because 50% of the workforce evaporated and the majority of Americans are scared to death to leave their beanholes.

Really gotta hand it to the stable genius that he has resisted the fastest route to opening back up (having literally any federal response or plan) with such conviction.

We can't waste 5,000$ in water and manhours to fight this "Fire." This is an over reaction by the money hungry fire department demanding huge pork budgets and kickbacks. This is just some smoke. Could be steam from AMERICAN BARBECUE. Smart analysts tell me this is plausible. To prevent the situation from getting worse I have arrested 47 local minorities, for some reason.

This "fire" if that's what you want to call it (I've had bigger in my kitchen!) is only affecting 1% of the house. Overpaid fire department wasting it's time. Cure can not be worse than the disease. These taxpayers/homeowners will be prevented from entering their OWN PROPERTY. WE MUST LET FREEDOM BE FREE.

The worst of the fire is over. It is a fire. I always called it a fire. I called it a fire from the start. Nevertheless we have battled the infrared enemy. Much less of the house left to burn now. Worst is over. I applaud the homeowner for daring to watch American Idol in their living room. We must re-populate this house. BRAVE!!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

All this stuff opening back up is insane; it feels like the governments/companies/etc are gaslighting us or something. Like literally nothing has changed, cases still increasing linearly like they were when the quarantine first began, and they're just randomly choosing to re-open. What the gently caress do they think is going to happen?

Hopefully cases shooting up against in 2+ weeks causes some sort of reevaluation.

Also this is with most of the US epidemic so far happening under quarantine. I have a feeling that the switch from exponential growth to linear growth might return to the former now that things are opening up.

They know a shitload of people are going to die, but over the course of the first wave they've realized this is an acceptable trade compared to losing profits and revenue.

They did the right thing until they realized the full scope of how much money they would lose, then laughed and said "gently caress it, money is more important."

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Reminder of the WH's Council of Economic Advisers' cubic model posted just last Wednesday and which for some inexplicable reason is still being left up on their official twitter account:

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouseCEA/status/1257680258364555264

It was really obviously dumb to begin with and it was proven to be absolutely dog poo poo within just six hours when the data for that day was updated but here's how it looks with the current data superimposed:

According to their model the US was already supposed to be down to less than 500 deaths a day. The model was insultingly bad, just the most obvious propaganda bullshit.

try and spot the weekends

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

I don't know what this means but it's bad for sure

antibody testing in the first hit European countries are showing that as bad as everything has been, the whole Covid-19 bullshit start to finish, has been affecting ~5% of populations.

All of the original projections of 40% - 70% infection rates in a typical population would mean that an infection on that scale would be 7x or 13x as bad. In America that would be roughly 600,000 - 1,100,000 additional dead.

And we are opening up globally and are less likely to shut down again since we totally beat the virus and if it comes back it's just proof that shutdowns don't work so there is no point in KILLIN ARE ECONOMY for NO REASON

lol

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

Out of curiosity, what is 100% capacity for gyms? 100% of equipment in use?

I think most of those "Capacity" regulations are based around the concept of a maximum building occupancy as decided by the fire ordinance.

So it's a number so high it's functionally useless as a restriction since the average Chili's or whatever is like "Max Occupancy 250" so going by those restrictions they could "only" have 100+ people inside.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I was ranting about this kind of thing the whole time because I'm in manufacturing, but it's because the entire industry declared itself essential. Most ordinances or critical business lists include some type of clause for manufacturing so literally anyone making anything could force their workers to come in to their plants and nobody stopped them.

The only thing that will stop them in the second wave is mass unemployment and dropping sales from the first wave making it not worth the profit to throw 100 people into a wood chipper to make whatever bullshit they are cranking out.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 06:28 on May 17, 2020

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Siljmonster posted:

How the gently caress does anyone have health insurance

I work for a pretty good company so they offer a.....relatively.....cheap plan.

Supposedly full coverage insurance for just me is $50 a week. Which would be fine if the last time I went to the doctor I didn't have $,$$$ in bills I was responsible for because insurance companies can just endlessly "Um Actually...." doctors and pharmacies. Out of the last 3 prescriptions I've been given the insurance company called the pharmacist and refused to allow 2 of them.

I can't cancel it either because I have some health issues I need to get resolved and I'd rather have $20,000 hit my credit instead of $200,000

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Fox posted:

I can't even laugh at this anymore because I'm watching people in real time start to warm up to this line of thinking

absolute hellnation with gutless leadership

It's kind of like a twilight zone episode.

Some really capable people I used to think were smart have turned to either "The Virus has Been Defeated" or "If the Virus comes back then Shutdowns don't work and the cure can't be worse than the disease" arguments.

It's really bizarre. We owned ourselves with a halfassed shutdown that kneecapped our economy while solving nothing and are going to get hit 10x+ worse the second time around as people screech that shutdowns obviously didn't work and our economy gets double tapped. All while tens of millions of people hoot and cheer the whole way down to the bottom of the cliff because they've convinced themselves it's true freedom to fall on your own terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

drink w/e caffeine slop you want. theres no need to fancy up a dose of stimulants