Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
what we really gonna do this virus every single month now.

poo poo is old news the local flea market is opening this weekend EAT IT YOU LIBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Wonder if there is anyone who has millions of iphones laying around and might want to start asking them all for directions with their GPS spoofing places in the US. Just add some fuel to the fire and all.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

shovelbum posted:

No hospitals to overwhelm means no oversight or reporting, chuds will bury grandma in the ditch by the road and go on as if nothing happened

we should be so lucky. Believe it or not chuds actually care about their grandparents and family. They will gladly blame it on whoever the usual boogiemen are. Maybe that's buisness as usual, but it sure as hell won't be like 'nothing happened'

Republicans are banking on whatever anger they do feel can be redirected however they like. Hence China.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

with Covid just remember 'the worst is yet to come'

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

chuds being the cause of all their own problems but blaming the other for them

“not back to normal”

:thunk:

lol read the post I specifically said it would be 'business as usual' to blame others for their own problems, but it wouldn't be like 'nothing happened' when grandma died. They will be 10x rabbid about this at all the wrong people.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Skypie posted:

hey remember how it was only like 4 months ago that TRUMP had a foreign general assassinated

probably saved that guy from having to drown in his own lung juice. But Drone Assassination isn't really an honorable death

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Mons Hubris posted:

I still don't understand where you're getting this from, war with China would be a massive disaster and the military has to know this

The military would seemingly know that not preparing for a pandemic would be a massive disaster and well they didn't prepare.

It's almost as if the military are supposed to listen to the dumb motherfuckers at the top. And those dumb motherfuckers don't even listen to experts on poo poo they don't know at all, you think they are going listen on military matters? Most GOP politicians think they are strategic geniuses.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

This is me, but with posting.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Lol this will spike the case count and expose a bunch of cases. Like it's really gonna mess with the plant operations. How could it not?

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

mrmcd posted:

The rumors I hear at Google are probably perma wfh in EMEA and NA at least through the summer.

Also biz travel is probably 86'ed for the rest of the year unless you have a very good reason and a permission sliped signed by a jr exec level (VP) manager. The hotel and airline industries are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.
Stuff I'm hearing around Amazon is wfh until October.

That said do all companies talk as if this could suddenly dissappear before next week everytime they talk schedules. Or is it just mine?

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

don't wait to voice your opinion on the matter if you get the opportunity, or you will find yourself pressed with a "consensus" to go back to work that you did not vote on.

This hits me hard as it's something I've been dealing with since this started.

I work in an industry replete with conservatives who ignored this as long as humanly possible. I was the lone voice about covid in the office when this started and on multiple times had shouting arguments about even trying to do basic planning like how much staff we need on site at all times and doing red/blue teams since our team is fully mission essential.

The problem is now that I can use what little political power to make a fuss about these off site management who want to do hardware installs. Which will send 8-10+ people travelling over multiple weeks. All for a project they and our customer has admitted is not 'essential' last month informally. I probably can't do much and it would mean speaking up and making a fuss on 20+ person call. But i feel like such an rear end for not doing it despite it meaning little.

I figure I can better try to protect the local people who work with me as much I can. Much less myself. In any case I figure this will get slapped down, our company is super huge and ultimately its' going about 2 levels from the top and like 5 levels about this manger so hopefully that get's smacked down pretty quick.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

These daily conference calls are starting to not be good for my mental health. This PM will not stop insisting on making travel arrangements and now is organizing a 20+ person quarterly meeting in June which he very much wants to travel for so he can sit in a room with all those people. Like he said specifically to see about reserving a conference room.

Def won't be attending that. People are weird.

Never knew there were so many death cultists out there.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Greetings from Tornado Alley, eastern Tennessee.

"Climate change isn't real" I say as we've had the 9th tornado this year when they used to be a once a generation occurrence.

In Georgia we are getting the Tornado producing storms a lot more now. Last 3 years have been bad. We also get hurricanes coming up much further than normal from Florida.

My Coworker was without power for over a month after one of the hurricane remnant storms last year or the year before.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

hahahah that's funny Fanuci seems to interpret the We in 'We are discussing disbanding' as the coronavirus task force when Pence means The President and White house staff..

Dude they are talking about disbanding you, not that they are talking with you about whether to disband.

They aren't disbanding with you, they are disbanding at you.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

shovelbum gets the magnitude of the craziness in the world right, he just gets wrong the results of that craziness imo.

So if your complaining about how crazy he sounds you are already losing the battle. You need to redirect his craziness into more productive outlets than nihilism but good luck with that in this forum.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

the hell is Arkansas doing right? Or did they just have a big blowup several weeks ago?

here i fixed it for you

those states aren't steady they are just at their max testing capacity. Same goes for US graph really.

They have been constraining the testing capacity for awhile in Georgia. The uptick when he opened the state was because they brought some marginal capacity online to make it seem like they were doing something and opened drive though places through the state. But still the processing capacity they added was really limited.

Plus everyone here is just covering up cases now. Here in GA people just disappear for two-three weeks because their spouse or roommate 'had contact with a confirmed case'. it's all bullshit, you can't tell whose actually getting tested whose not. Companies are actively hiding these cases and there is very little talk and when there is it's weird. A guy on a large conference call with multiple local business said two weeks ago 'a fedex guy died' in his building, there was discussion for a bit and everyone moved on. In that same meeting this week he said that the building was closed because of '2 covid incidents since this began'. Which included the guy who died... so yeah it's pretty loving brutal down here.

pigz has issued a correction as of 17:41 on May 6, 2020

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

euphronius posted:

brave of that woman to question fat boy to his face

in any other time a president would send about 60x what was needed and have 80 million photo ops.

Trump will also ensure it's not 'sporadic' anymore as well. There just won't be any.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

I've been trying to get this across to people since the election, Trump literally believes he has magical powers to control reality :shrug:

like when he says over and over that the Spanish Flu outbreak was in 1917, it's not because he's lying, it's not a mistake, it's him declaring a false thing and willing the universe to make it become true. he does this all the loving time, it's 100% sincere

he probably really thinks he's helping too, saying fewer people died and making it become true, to him means literally they stop being dead :shrug:

nb: this is a very bad trait for a nation's leader to have

this is how rich people work. especially those who were born rich. They say things it happens.

In cases with rich politicians it's the same thing. His supporters will just slow walk whatever death counting activities they can. Get enough people doing this piddly poo poo and the number will go down reinforcing his dumb wish

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This kinda feels like it fits more than the secret long-term symptom given:
https://twitter.com/FlyontheWall29/status/1257410254960197634?s=20

the article points out that an appeal would be denied as there is no criteria for an approval for Covid-19.

The stated concerns are science based, but they hinge on unlikely outcomes. Not sure how well the military runs without minorities but racism could be it I guess.

Those concerns are unknown long term lung function and how the disease processes long term. I.e the inactive covid just becoming active every so often where it just grinds away your lung function.

The lung function thing is super real concern and is why I don't think sports will be coming back until we know a lot more.

pigz has issued a correction as of 01:04 on May 7, 2020

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Yeah this is why we probably won't be seeing sports for awhile once athletes understand they may be facing significant reduction of lung function if they get sick.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Bold to post this the day NFL unveiled their schedule for the year, MLB leaked to ESPN they're preparing for games to resume in June, and NHL told NYPost they're discussing a return for a playoff tournament

Yeah I may be a bit optimistic, but I keep thinking the high profile players who aren't chuds who make plenty of money are going to start weighing the risk of playing some bullshit half assed season.

I'm guess I'm mostly talking mlb here.

The NFL has the luxury of all tis teams being in the US.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

My boomer chud mother. Enjoy:

Look bill well just put the crank at the center of the room and agree not to use it. It's a solid plan I'm sure.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Company I work for announced a 15+% Q1 profit after cutting employee pay by 10% and announcing coming layoffs. Fun.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Serf posted:

georgia baby

i am pretty much the only person wearing a mask and gloves and folks are looking at me like i'm crazy lmao

It's such a poo poo show here. Kemp is now saying everyone should get tested regardless of symptoms. Just all gerogia go get tested. of course there is already a huge backlog of Georgia tests that can't be processed.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...ck2aLncOU8wuFP/

quote:

Gov. Brian Kemp urged all Georgians to schedule an appointment for coronavirus screening regardless of whether they have symptoms, as the state continues to expand testing for the disease even as the rapid growth has exposed new strains.

With the state no longer facing crippling shortages of key supplies, Kemp said Thursday that the capacity for testing now outstrips the public’s demand in the weeks after he began to reopen parts of the economy. That has stressed area labs, however, struggling to keep up with record numbers of tests.

He's clearly trying to flood the system with tests so people can't say he's not testing. Or that you can't get tests. You just can't get results.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

It was pr thing of course there's empty boxes
The non-empty ones were probably already the hospitals or don't have masks in them.

Liberals love this poo poo so they do it. I still keep hearing about how Trump doesn't say some somber words about people dying when it's clear he is totally fine with people dying.

Decorum decorum

Make no mistake Obama and all these dems do the same poo poo empty boxes and all

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

The reddit astroturf has hit a fever pitch , 16 day old accounts getting stuff upvoted to +10 for a minute before it dips into the negatives. Posts calling them out instantly in the negatives before regular users push them positive.
that is one of the worst baseball movies ever made.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Mr.Radar posted:

Absolutely read the article and don't just laugh at the headline. Here is an excerpt I quoted in the Doomsday Economics thread:

There's even more I could have quoted but I didn't want to just copy/paste the whole thing.

American is truly revolutionizing the Hog Destruction Industry :patriot:

What's this 'African swine fever'? As a true red blooded American, deadly viruses with the potential to cause mass death and endless pandemics make me horny; so don't hold out on me.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

lmfao I love how it powerdives to zero like magic for no reason

They could do like Georgia and start backdating to 'when symptoms first appeared'. That way the feds could report like Georgia did yesterday at noon that they had 4 new cases since the last reporting period.

Who knows what happens if people haven't' started showing symptoms, or if they don't know... but yeah practically went to zero over night!

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

eric ciaramella posted:

imagine joining the navy only to be assigned as Donald trump's personal butler and dick sucker

This is America, no joke, they are lining up to do it. It's a real honor.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

This is so ridiculous. There is no where safe 'to go' with this virus. In the imaginary world where there is a magic bubble no virus place If you aren't one of the people inside that bubble AND there is in fact no virus there; Then you aren't 'safe'. And for everyone in the US neither of those statements are true. Thank you Katie and Unknown Navy Valet.

So what magic test they using anyway that's both accurate and sensitive enough to give positive before your contagious AND can give results fast enough to use that info. to allow useful entry to the White Bubble I.E about what 2-4 hours turn around time?

Sounds like fantasy.

pigz has issued a correction as of 19:54 on May 8, 2020

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

fits my needs posted:

the Millers!

Lol Trump is gonna tell Stephen to ditch the woman or stay out of the white house. Which would only assuage trump for like a day or two before he just kicks him out anyway.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

shovelbum posted:

yeah agreed, they wouldnt reopen if they didnt know they themselves were safe

Trump is a notorious Germaphobe. If he thought he really could get sick people would of been wearing masks in the white house for weeks now. They would of been testing everyday. He wouldn't be going to a Honeywell plant and not wear a mask if he REALLY thought he could get it (he just wouldn't go). But he thinks because he is Pres people would sooner chop of their own hand then get him sick. It's just all the important people think it's all a hoax too so there's no way for them to keep him safe.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

better move fast that corona is quick I tell you.

The press corps needs to start asking trump questions like

"Do you feel like the Coronavirus is closing in on you?"
"Do you think you were ultimate target of the Virus you proclaim China released?"

and so on. I think that would help him appreciate the gravity of the situation.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Pryor on Fire posted:

Florida and Georgia have been open for weeks. The world didn't end. You can go to the dentist.

I remember the first posts about covid on here were people panicking and talking about how they were stealing mace masks from their dentists. Now it ends with people realizing they actually still need to go to the dentist.

The opening of Georgia is a show. I wouldn't gauge anything by what appears to be happening here.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Holy poo poo this county in Georgia just announced they are doing in person graduation ceremonies for all of county high schools June 15-17. I'm shocked

They will be 'social distancing' and it's at the football stadium. They 'surveyed students and parents' but not the rest community or you know experts. This is madness.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

turd in my singlet posted:

which one? and what are the odds students get punished for deciding not to attend

e: looks like it's a single school, though it's in Buford??? i would have expected like East Cobb which is full of middle class white conservatives. i guess buford has plenty of those but that side of town is known for massive immigrant communities

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news...68-8787f1755fb4

It's contingent on the large gathering ban expiring, but I'm curious if that will even be extended if the AZ Gov is saying 'major league sports' can start again there. Are conservatives gonna turn against any kind of restrictions.. holy poo poo.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Raiad posted:

cool society where the people who do actual work make a fraction of what the people who spend 99% of their time justifying to themselves and others that they do actual work make

look there is a complex system of managers and various non-tech adapt co-workers who rely on me to show up to work every day. If I don't help them figure out how to fix their power point and excel spreadsheets this revenue malaise could spread to the billionaires. Remember we have a responsibilities to others.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Better start now DOD is in complete disarray right now. This is patently impossible to do today in any reasonable time frame.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

What a covid world we live in.

I intermittently get emails meant for others on my gmail account. Occasionally I'll forwarded this one extended families updates meant for someone else. It seems things aren't going so well. This chain had info on 3 deaths from covid. Including the 'young husband of Martha' and various detailed accounts of how they all got it and varying severity.

Always fun to wake up to such cheery 'junk' mail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

don't we stack them 3 deep in NY?

love this kind of reporting

The country of smallasfuckland is hard hit by the virus with 80% of the land expected to be consumed by mass graves as the death toll approaches 3.

How about some sort of standardized death count reporting. There's fuckign standards for every other drat thing. I'm sure there is a simple and efficient way to undercount deaths and all countries should just agree to adopt and move on.