Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

oddium posted:

those are the three powers you get in second son

also concrete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Did Second Son run at 60 fps or am I misremembering things? Wasnt that game pretty good looking as well?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a man a plan an aerosol can

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

WaltherFeng posted:

Did Second Son run at 60 fps or am I misremembering things? Wasnt that game pretty good looking as well?

Solid 30 for the original release, eventually patched to be unlocked and hovering around 40-ish, and it got a PS4 Pro patch that puts it at a near-constant 60.

Unrelated, I finished enough of Persona 3 Dancing to feel good about moving on to 4, and I didn’t realize it came out first! It’s kind of uh, surprisingly horny too. (checks wiki) oh it was originally a Vita exclusive, no longer surprising lol

drat good game tho. The story being a direct sequel to P4 was unexpected, but they did good with it. The MC’s Persona busting out a slap bass solo after clearing a song is great.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 30, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
^pretty sure you got that the wrong way around

WaltherFeng posted:

it was uncapped at launch (optional 30fps cap was patched in). it only hit 60 if barely anything was on screen.

it looked phenomenal for such an early game, imho.

e:haven't tested it on a pro

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

runeterra is extremely good, it has a really interesting timing mechanic that I don't think I've seen in any other ccg. it doesn't really have a concept of a monolithic capital t Turn in the mtg sense where you play out all your phases and however many cards you can and pass it over to the other guy. in runeterra you take turns playing cards one at a time, and pass an attack token back and forth between rounds that you use to spend a turn on to declare attackers, but it isn't exactly like the attacking player is "in control" like most ccgs, and there are certain cards that can generate an attack token for the defender (or give the attacker additional attacks). end effect is there's a huge emphasis on when and in what order to play cards and use your attack token, whether you want to press an advantage early in the round or take time to play cards and potentially give your opponent a chance to respond, or save mana for later in the round. also it has essentially the same spell timing and stack mechanics as magic and That's Sick (it actually goes beyond magic and adds a third spell speed beyond instant)

it's a very generous f2p also, they give you enough stuff right off the bat to craft whatever deck you want, they don't sell card packs at all (but do sell singles), and if you play even a little bit each week they poo poo cards and crafting currency all over you. + has the best drafting mode in the biz imo

I'm gonna download it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah for launch games both second son and killzone looked amazing, they still hold up graphically. shame about the actual game parts though

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'd like to get into fighting games to some extent on PC. What's the current most popular game? Street fighter V or Tekken? Which version of SFV if that's the game? Thanks.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
SFV and Tekken are pretty different sorts of fighting games, so your choice kinda depends on whether you prefer 2d or 3d gameplay.

Chev fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 30, 2020

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Chev posted:

SFV and Tekken are pretty different sorts of fighting games, so your choice kindadepends on whether you prefer 2d or 3d gameplay.

Hm I guess I prefer 2D? I guess I want what is considered the more pure experience that will translate to other fighting games so 2D sounds more correct.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6gkWtIACI

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SF V Champion Edition gets you up to date with all DLC for a good price and the game is very active online and supports cross play.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

unfortunately its not a very good game at all and netplay is super unreliable. tekken 7 has been much more positively received throughout its lifespan, and while the netplay isnt the best its probably about as good as it can be without rollback

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

anyway i really wouldnt worry about what game is most popular, no matter what you end up playing you're going to want to join the community and find people you can talk to and rematch reliably because fighting randoms is never good. so just find something you like

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

sharrrk posted:

anyway i really wouldnt worry about what game is most popular, no matter what you end up playing you're going to want to join the community and find people you can talk to and rematch reliably because fighting randoms is never good. so just find something you like

Fair enough! Thanks. I've already got SFV downloading.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I agree with the criticisms of SFV but it's not bad for a starting fighting game.

Related but thems fighting herds is actually pretty fun

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKtb6txU32w

i saw a moonmoon emote scroll by in the chat in this one and man, it's a small world on this here internet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Korone I don't understand what yeet is either

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

realised the area i was in was full of pretty tough guys so i ended up hiking all the way west through the swamp to an area ive seen other people start out from, my robot guys can actually take fights here! i started an outpost, im just outside squim because although my 5 skeletons are ok they cant take a huge group and my non-robots are all very weak right now. going to fortify and get some self sufficiency going while using squim for protection, then get started on some training

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Looper posted:

what are some good anti-cop games?

Payday 2
Max Payne 3
Mirror's Edge
Half-Life 2
Manhunt
Wolfenstein: The New Order if you extrapolate a bit

also Homefront: The Revolution isn't great but you do kill a lot of cops

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/quendergeer/status/1266770069826215937?s=20

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Dhalsim is a piece of poo poo

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

VelociBacon posted:

I almost never run into anyone playing him, but I’m pretty low rank. It’s Ryu/Ken/Akuma as far as the eye can see.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i played blazing lazers last night on the TG16 Mini. it's a pretty impressive shmup for 1989 without any TG16 addons. the music is pretty awful and the final stage is definitely "Punish Game Renters" difficulty, but it's pretty fun and the later stages have nice visuals for the time.

next one i'll do is either soldier blade or super star soldier

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sakura Wars 2019 is so dang good and I should probably go to bed but I wanna talk to Anastasia more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

VelociBacon posted:

He is very nice and was sad when Balrog punched his elephant dead.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I've been basically out the past day for pain and exhaustion, what is this? What did I miss?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

From what it looks like, there were some short National Guard soldiers in Atlanta that people thought were kids

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

FirstAidKite posted:

I've been basically out the past day for pain and exhaustion, what is this? What did I miss?

https://twitter.com/foxwoundband/status/1266613385862447104

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I decided to play some of my backlog and rolled the dice and got bloodborne which I've finished and played a ton but I think I want to plat it. I was like: "actually I want to play something else but I'll play this for a few minutes". 5 hours later and it's time for bed. Ran through the fishing village up to the boss, killed pthumerian descendent and the queen (gold trophy popped) made my first frc chalice dungeon, finished some npc plot stuff. What an amazing game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Those soldiers dont look any different from my unit when were conscripts.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

having finished sengoku 3, that makes 31 games beaten this month. thanks neogeo mini and turbografx16 mini for providing me a lot of extremely short, fun games to play

sengoku 3 btw is solid. it's maybe the only truly good brawler on Neo Geo. The first two games were kinda mediocre beat-em-ups from 91-92, and Sengoku 3 came out in 98, so it has the polish and presentation of a Capcom brawler, with KOF quality animation. all the buttons get used in this one, A for punch, B for sword/weapon, C for thrown projectile, and D for jump. there is a "take damage and do damage" move which is actually useful for knocking people away if you're going to take damage anyway.

there seemed to be some sort of bar under my health bar with 2 charges, that i had no idea how to activate, because none of the games on the neogeo mini come with a manual. so i just played through it like a normal brawler. unlike other home conversions, the home version of sengoku 3 lets you set how many lives you have per credit all the way up to 9. so that made for a relaxing brawler experience

naturally the bosses are all bullshit, especially the final one, so i ended up needing all those lives along with the home version's 5 max credits at a time. one downside was a lack of enemy variety until the second half of the game when some new enemy types finally show up.

it's not on par with any of capcom's best, but it's at least polished and highly playable

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 31, 2020

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

In people's defence that dude looks like a god drat eleven year old.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

okay lol if they just put together a whole little munchkin squad of 5'3" and below men but those look like children to me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*hacker voice* I'm in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwX5zfcxnFM

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

geforce now works pretty well but because i mostly play indie games there's not much of an eligible list (nor games that even need a big rig)

i tried it out with mothergunship and because i live in a major city, there was no noticeable input lag

but games like shadow of the tomb raider aren't on there because of the angry publishers so. it's not like i need geforce now to play monster prom or w/e

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

there are two wolves inside you

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006