Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Woofer posted:

I’m admittedly stupid and didn’t know what work sets you free was referencing so I’m here to say the history curriculum in this country sucks

Not being an rear end when I ask this, where did you go to school? I'm yet to find a textbook that doesn't have the picture and explanation for the phrase. I've seen school texts from a half dozen different states, and not a single one didn't have it and cover it. I'm asking, because I'm legit shocked. I know there are half rear end schools, and half rear end teachers, but this surprised the poo poo out of me.

Again, legit, not intending to be an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Woofer posted:

Public school in Florida.

All you needed to say.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I didn't realize this was so common.
My view is also skewed by the fact that I never had to put effort into history, and CLEP'd every history course available. History was always my thing.
I know what my teacher's covered, but I guess I covered more by actually reading my textbooks when my classmates didn't. My teacher spent an entire semester on WW1/WW2/Fall of Colonialism because he felt it was more important than covering the American Revolution half assed again.

My son's teacher does a two week unit on Rebellion in America. I like him. We live very close to Gettysburg, so I always get worried, but he covered it pretty accurately, for the age group. Destroys the State's Rights Revisionism.

E-

Doc Hawkins posted:

wow can we please tone down the guillotine jokes

I didn't do French Barber Correspondence courses for nothing.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

So I saw someone post (it got lost in a random refresh) that the new PresSec has a whole bunch of old Social Media posts that are... Unflattering to Trump.

Will she keep her job? Or will she go Way of the Mooch? Find out next Infrastructure Week.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Little Richard travelled with an underage girl, too, but supposedly as cover because being a kid fucker was more ok than loving dudes

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

David Bowie hosed a lot of teenagers. He was wrong to do so. You don't have a bunch of women saying that he raped them because they wanted to gently caress him. That's what I was trying to say.

I get what your meaning, but it's still rape.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Agreed. I'm not arguing it isn't and apologize if I came across that way. I was just trying to answer the question of why we don't hear about it as much.

I've seen enough of your posting to not jump to being a dick immediately. My comment wasn't a jab so much as an attempt to make sure everyone is on the same page.
We are all clumsy or bad with words.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PeterCat posted:

Do these guys often run into conflicts with municipal police departments and state troopers? And since the sheriff's in England derived their power from the King, how does that work in America? We don't have nobility, and the head of state is the President.

They are elected by the local populace in elections, and are full law enforcement officers.

For more fun- in some jurisdictions, you don't need to have any experience or training in LE to be elected. Same with judges. A Judge, legally speaking, doesn't need any legal training. Lol.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Can someone explain to me what Obamagate is? Beyond a Q talking point, I mean.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A deployment month was shorter than a Trump month.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

...and there was never a prison derail ever again.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

https://youtu.be/YE4NyXL5JAQ

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You can tell if someone has ever lived in a metropolitan area by their reaction to a 20 minute drive. I mean gently caress I used to drive 20 minutes just to get a really good burger in DFW.

It's weird how related rural and urban driving are. "I want a burger"- 20 minutes stop and go to go five miles and cross a bridge; Urban
"I want a burger"- 20 minutes at 75 on a rural route to go 35 miles for a Mcdouble; Rural

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Baghdad had better drivers than Co Springs.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

APAB.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

When the expanded Patriot Act passes for warrantless search engine records, I'll let you guys know how my local FBI field office thinks of me.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I mostly lurk, but I've never seen any anti-Duckworth posts in here. Not saying they didn't happen, but I check in daily.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/dink

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I had only heard Dink used as a racial slur in movies, and Dink is still a popular insult in kids shows.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My biggest takeaway has been the absolute failure of the American Public School system. The amount of people who do not understand basic concepts of math, science, and medicine- in areas that should be covered in school has broke my brain.

That and that 30% of America are cultists with no views beyond what dear leader tells them.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Baby Back Bitch Trump won't unveil Obama's portrait at the White House.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

McNally posted:

Please word this differently in the future.

My bad.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

While I disagree with it (feeling that bitch is like dude, and gender neutral), McNally asked us not to use gendered insults. It's his house, his rules. I slipped up, he was nice enough to toss a warning than a sixer. I appreciate it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

ok, well i guess any use of the word gently caress outside of telling someone to gently caress an inanimate object or themselves is off the table, lest we condone rape.

Dude, really?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Lotsa words I read

I just meant he's running the show. I know there were some forum wide changes, too, but I also know mods are just shitposters with a superiority complex. :unsmith:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Back in 06 on Balad, it was Navy dudes in Army uniforms. I spoke with a Navy dude who had an 82d patch on.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

Mind Playing Tricks

I was just jamming to this Geto Boys classic

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Look at you losers who cared about your careers.

(Says the retired E4)

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Stravag posted:

These cicadas will bring forth graboids with their noise just you watch because this is 2020 and things can always get worse

Graboids would improve 2020

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Dick Cheney thought war was a net positive for Dick Cheney and gave zero shits about humankind as a whole.

In Annie Jacobson's book, 'Surprise, Kill, Vanish', she said that elements of the Bush admin- Cheney in particular, but she also named Rumsfeld- were trying to get into Forever Wars within 9 days of 9/11.
Within 9 days, Cheney ordered the CIA to find reasons to 'go to war' with Iraq, Iran, and Syria- in addition to AFG.

loving monsters.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

I just want to remind everybody: Biden shidded his pants.

Wait- really? I mean, we've all been there.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

While I totally think it was a cop or assorted rear end in a top hat who kicked it off, I'll wait for better confirmation.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Dude, you think they are going to put that on the blotter? In the reality where it is true (like this one) hypothetically who would break and confirm this story?

Are you dense, or just trying to be confrontational?
How about any number of social media sleuths, open source Intel dudes, journalists? His wife could come public with better evidence? Like im what reality do you think only his department could confirm?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It's not like this has happened with startling regularity all our lives.

It's obviously the protesters who are the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Midjack posted:

Using kids as human shields and gambling on protesters not wanting to hurt them seems like a bad game.

Real talk- I will Spartan Kick a child if it keeps them from enlisting.

If someone hosed with just one of those kids, the others would break and run. They shouldn't be there.

People should start using public records and block police from returning to their homes. Just human chain around that poo poo.