Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Mustang posted:

I think that's a more recent development for SF. My dad and his SF buddies (80s to 90s) always had more of a runners build with most of their PT being running and ruck marches.

My dad has mentioned a few guys that were built like body builders back then in SF and they stood out because of it.

This is absolutely recent. All the SF guys I remember back in the Eighties were wiry little fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Clearly the joke is on me. I thought the Nice Lady guy was the same as the musician.

:shrug:

E: Wait, that means that Great Balls Of Fire was actually meant to be taken "straight", it wasn't a novelty/parody of the rather sillier aspects of early Rock-and-Roll? Yikes. Yikes yikes yikes.

We have such irony-free sights to show you.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Business as usual, I guess: 5 people were injured during Texas shooting at a park with 600 people

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Wtf is this dumbass derail

Naples driver spotted.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

PeterCat posted:

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/add...tbreak-1.624512

Also, there are apparently dead Nazis buried in US VA cemeteries. I say we dig them up and send them back to Germany.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/nazi-gravestones-controversy

My father was old enough to remember the German POWs being used as prison labor, working on the highways in Mississippi during the war. He remembered them singing a lot.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

You have to wonder what the exact point that it stops being political polarization and starts being cellular mitosis.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

ded posted:

lmao

err

wait im not supposed to feel good about suffering

The ability to delight in the misfortunes of others is the root of all humor.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

bengy81 posted:

Eddie Haskell died.

And yet, somehow, he's still President.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

dollars to doughnuts its because barrack ain't white.

Every single thing he's done is continued revenge for the 2011 White House press dinner.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

At last, we've freed ourselves from the shackles of the Open Skies Treaty, dreamt up by noted Commie sympathizer <checks notes> Dwight Eisenhower: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...eklgvH3DVf4eR2I

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I want a milirary w a bunch of blackbirds warthogs and Raptors is that so much to ask

See you say that, and what you'll get is someone thinking: "we can combine all these capabilities into one platform and save money!" And then there's no stopping the procurement juggernaut.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Musk may be a garbage person, but I am seriously not giving up my Model S because it really is the best thing I've ever owned.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm embarrassed how long I looked at that without realizing it wasn't real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

"Therefore, all tracked vehicles you see will belong to ANTIFA, or possibly COBRA."