Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 Reiklanders (GW kitbash) for March!

Sorry for the blurry image!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

A bunch of ammo crates and plasma cannisters for use as objectives/loot counters. Claiming Get the Crystal for these.

An old knight and herald, freehand symbols for the challenge.

An evil dungeon master rises to command my dungeon denizens.

I also finally got around to some spring cleaning for Spic and Span

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

Oath addition

1 Ari Birdman from Dark Swords Miniatures

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for March one Psychomancer and one Canoptek Reanimator from GW

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath Scenery Rocks for March!

Corner piece for the display area I've been working on, 'hand carved' from various chunks of foam:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!
One Chicken Druid, from the Heroes of Humblewood box (35mm-ish).

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

Oath complete!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!
One Chicken Druid, from the Heroes of Humblewood box (35mm-ish).

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath Scenery Rocks for March!

Corner piece for the display area I've been working on, 'hand carved' from various chunks of foam:

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for March one Psychomancer and one Canoptek Reanimator from GW

blue collar orc posted:

Oath addition

1 Ari Birdman from Dark Swords Miniatures

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 Reiklanders (GW kitbash) for March!

Sorry for the blurry image!

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this reaper Bones minstrel and dog

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, oath these additional Fallout Wasteland Warfare Raiders starter box for March

And these Wargames Atlantic Death Fields dwarves and two kitbashed Osprey Games cultists to be used on Stargrave

Edit: adding more since this hasn't been OKd yet

Approved!

Also the February Gallery is now up for folks to check out - https://imgur.com/a/xTr0p0a

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Free(hand) as a bird because while it doesn't look like much, I had to freehand a decent looking eye before I greyed it over on the Beholder.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Claiming March: Free(hand) as a Bird for the corp logo on the suitcase.

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 24, 2021

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Claiming Free(hand) as a bird for the shield scroll attachment thing.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath addition!
I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint 3 more Reiklanders (GW kitbash) for March!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath complete!

Claiming freehand for the stripes and the dogs pattern.

I was stumped on what to do with this model for a while; I wanted to do something with the puffy sleeves/etc but wasn't really sure what. Then I noticed the size of the sword and went looking for some landsknecht inspiration. There's some real crazy stuff out there, but I ended up finding this piece that was a little more manageable. So I decided to paint my bard up as I might imagine a 'retired' Landsknecht, or one between campaigns, who still has most of their trappings but a more 'traveling' or casual look overall. I painted the dog roughly as a Jack Russel because I used to have one.

Sidenote - not at all sure why this model has a shield, her sword is obviously a two-hander and she doesn't have another sidearm so I'm not sure what the use case for the shield is. Maybe she's a very primitive Junkrat? Anyway I had fun with this even though yellow is still a pain in the rear end.

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 28, 2021

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

March Oath Complete
I was a machine this month. I actually painted even more but I forgot to oath them. I'm really proud of the scratch built bases on the space dwarfs, including the shotgun shells I made out of a styrene pipe.

I can claim Take one for the team for the Stargrave warband of dwarfs/cultists, and probably for the Fallout Raiders, Super mutants, and Settlers.

ape!!! fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 30, 2021

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
And post is on time this time! Much better painting month, although no freehand for me this time. Unfortunately couldn't find my second daylight lamp, so relying on sunlight for one side for photography...

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Oath complete!

Claiming freehand for the marks on the shield

and spic and span for taking the time to clean up my studio/office!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:February judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

You're crushing the yellows, and the face is great!

Second place, 2 points: APE!!!

Very nice! The OSL is solid and works well with the blue. A very cool and creepy piece!

First place, 3 points: blue collar orc

This is cute little guy. I like the green tinge on the top of the head, the eyes are great, and the face is the obvious center of attention.

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Lots and lots of texture on those boars!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath addition complete!

I had to rush a bit...

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Oath complete!

Claiming Free(hand) as a bird for the shield scroll attachment thing.

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 8, 2021

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
March Oath Complete!

A bunch of hand carved Rocky Scenery:

Working with the 'realistic water' is always fun (except for that looong drying time)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Complete!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Alright folks, March is over. Onto the final month of season 11!

quote:

April: Time to shine - Add something shiny to your model. This could be using chrome metallics, NMM, glossy scales, or similar.

I am hoping to get some time over the bank holiday weekend to catch up on things and get the new thread sorted out for season 12, so if you have any comments or suggestions let's hear them!

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: blue collar orc

This is cute little guy. I like the green tinge on the top of the head, the eyes are great, and the face is the obvious center of attention.

Holy crap! Thank you! I'm honored

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

I, blue collar orc, oath the following for the month of April:
  • Feast table (Loot Studios)
  • Two benches (Loot Sudios)
  • Barkeep (Loot Studios)
  • Five Traitor Guardsmen (Games Workshop)

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

i, ape!!!, oath this Bloodbowl Snotlings box and two 3D printed trolls for April.

(Edit: fixed URL to be higher res image)

ape!!! fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 2, 2021

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, having discovered a (misplaced) sense of confidence again, oath both Friar Flavious and the Vicious Midget for April, both from Moonstone

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I, Verisimilidude, oath these 3d printed bandits for April.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Well today I had the day off so these painted up pretty quick, they're supposed to be red brand ruffians for an upcoming intro to D&D game I'm running

Claiming need 4 speed since this only took ~3 hours.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For April I, Galaspar, oath three Imperial Guard veterans (parts from GW, Spiral Arm and Anvil Industry)

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for April:

Knight I found in the bargain bin, 25mm.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of April:

1 Forgefiend/Maulerfiend magnetized model from GW. Pics show the various options I magnetized.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I, No. 1 Juicy Boi, Oath to paint these 7 Imperial Nobility minis (aside from the Ogre since I got a head start on him) to finish up my Blood Bowl team for the month of April

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 5, 2021

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for April 2021:

Empire Standard Bearer, 28mm from Titan Forge
Outlaw Trash and The B Team, 28mm from Wargames Foundry

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for April 2021:

Empire Standard Bearer, 28mm from Titan Forge
Outlaw Trash and The B Team, 28mm from Wargames Foundry

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

I, No. 1 Juicy Boi, Oath to paint these 7 Imperial Nobility minis (aside from the Ogre since I got a head start on him) to finish up my Blood Bowl team for the month of April

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of April:

1 Forgefiend/Maulerfiend magnetized model from GW. Pics show the various options I magnetized.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for April:

Knight I found in the bargain bin, 25mm.

Galaspar posted:

For April I, Galaspar, oath three Imperial Guard veterans (parts from GW, Spiral Arm and Anvil Industry)

Verisimilidude posted:

I, Verisimilidude, oath these 3d printed bandits for April.

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, having discovered a (misplaced) sense of confidence again, oath both Friar Flavious and the Vicious Midget for April, both from Moonstone

blue collar orc posted:

I, blue collar orc, oath the following for the month of April:
  • Feast table (Loot Studios)
  • Two benches (Loot Sudios)
  • Barkeep (Loot Studios)
  • Five Traitor Guardsmen (Games Workshop)

ape!!! posted:

i, ape!!!, oath this Bloodbowl Snotlings box and two 3D printed trolls for April.

(Edit: fixed URL to be higher res image)

Approved!

Also the spreadsheet is now updated thru March so double check your stuff - not long to go til the finish!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Zark the Damned posted:

Also the spreadsheet is now updated thru March so double check your stuff - not long to go til the finish!

I think my October oaths are missing from the spreadsheet. Because I initially didn't put them into one post.
(https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3922061&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post508913438)

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Looks like the spreadsheet shows me as not completing my November oath. But I did complete it on 11/30 prior to the deadline.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Sorry this is so late, but: :siren: February (late) Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  blue collar orc

Baby Groot aaaaa Also, the level of detail on everything in your set is pretty terrific. Being able to see individual strands in the bannerman's beard and the highlights on the lion rampant are very encouraging.

Second Place, 2 points:  TotalHell

For one thing, this Chaos dude literally fits the "warm" part of the monthly challenge. But it's all the details, from the smooth-yet-dingy bone to the grimy transitions on the tabard, that really make this piece special. The glows are present yet understated, a nice subtle pastel effect.

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

Blends. The blends are just *chefkiss* on these folks. You've also chosen a color scheme based heavily around secondary color pairings, which contrast vividly with each other and set themselves apart from your backdrop. The contrasts and linework are also bold and really bring out the details, but all those smooth gradients carry the day here.

Bonus Point:  ape!!!

I have no idea what this thing is, but it's great. Excellent contrast between the brilliant blue cloak and the warm orange OSL lantern, plus great deep shadows and some sharp detail work. I was half convinced this was a 2D illustration at first.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

Blends. The blends are just *chefkiss* on these folks. You've also chosen a color scheme based heavily around secondary color pairings, which contrast vividly with each other and set themselves apart from your backdrop. The contrasts and linework are also bold and really bring out the details, but all those smooth gradients carry the day here.

Thanks! Got way too stressed over the NMM, but I’m glad the care I took paid off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint Sauron (GW) for April!