Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this GW 28mm Necron Praetorian for April

Sorry about the photo, this was the best I could figure out to get the timezone in frame without the flash glaring it out, or the miniature turned to black mush without a flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one Female Orc Cleric from Stonehaven Miniatures 28mm for the month of Avril

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 12, 2021

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for April one Necron Doom Scythe from GW

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Fire Giant for April!

Reaper Bones giant, may include some Hirstarts scenery in the base. Should be able to include some Time to Shine.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Fire Giant for April!

Reaper Bones giant, may include some Hirstarts scenery in the base. Should be able to include some Time to Shine.

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for April one Necron Doom Scythe from GW

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath one Female Orc Cleric from Stonehaven Miniatures 28mm for the month of Avril

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this GW 28mm Necron Praetorian for April

Sorry about the photo, this was the best I could figure out to get the timezone in frame without the flash glaring it out, or the miniature turned to black mush without a flash.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint Sauron (GW) for April!

Approved!

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I think my October oaths are missing from the spreadsheet. Because I initially didn't put them into one post.
(https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3922061&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post508913438)

Fixed, I didn't spot that you'd edited your completion post.

TotalHell posted:

Looks like the spreadsheet shows me as not completing my November oath. But I did complete it on 11/30 prior to the deadline.

Fixed, not sure how I missed that one!

I'll get your missed pictures into the galleries for posterity shortly. And talking of Galleries, March's one is up for review - https://imgur.com/a/rn1yn7q

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Battle Standard from the Mountain Alliance in her very shiny armour. This is a very early titan forge sculpt and kind of shows in the relative lack of detail and shonky casting. Swapped the weapon hand with an Empire captain (iirc) as the original one was unusable.

If you can't find or afford the A team, maybe their discount impersonators will do the job!

Another shabby bunch of thugs for hire, the Outlaw Trash.

And finally, everything I oathed for the season! A fairly productive year, I painted a bunch of stuff in addition to the oaths.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of April, Count Dooku and a squad of B1 Battle Droids for Star Wars Legion.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Claiming April: Time to Shine and All Together Now (minus December's cause that was for secret santa and is no longer in my possession).

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Oath Complete for April - Snotling starter box plus two 3D printed trolls

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of April, Count Dooku and a squad of B1 Battle Droids for Star Wars Legion.

Approved!

---

Also the Season 12 thread is now up - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964841 - currently looking for Judges and suggestions for monthly challenges.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath Complete!

edit: also, I'll claim Time to Shine for most of this darn thing being metallic in color

TotalHell fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 1, 2021

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Complete!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming Time to Shine for the golden breastplates.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

Sorry for the garbage photos, I finished this a couple days ago but forgot to photograph it until now. Whoops! Claiming the Time To Shine on account of, well, being a metal man.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
April Oath Complete!

One Fire Giant:

Claiming Time to Shine for shiny bits.

All Together Now image, blurry but season 11 complete:

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 1, 2021

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, April (and Season 11) is over! Head on over to the Season 12 thread for continued oathing goodness. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964841

Thank you for everyone who participated, and extra special thanks to our judges!

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

This thread has been a boon during Covid-19. Nice getting praise from people beyond my wife and disinterested kids. Thanks to all the judges and fellow painters!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:March judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: APE!!!

I like the pallid and greasy looking skin, and that they're colorful but in a way that fits raiders.

Second place, 2 points: Ugleb

I've been judging these threads for a while now, and you have improved by a lot! Good job!

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

You're still going! The yellow is still great, and the dark metal looks wonderful.

Bonus, 1 point: gameraMan

This is a good looking display base. The swampy water is a nice touch.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: Ugleb

I've been judging these threads for a while now, and you have improved by a lot! Good job!

Thank you, that was always the hope!

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

You're still going! The yellow is still great, and the dark metal looks wonderful.

Thank you! I'm honored!

And indeed I'm still going, I actually felt like I had all models I wanted in the warband painted but... yeah see my May Oath shortly...

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Sorry this is so late: :siren: March Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  Cat Face Joe

This guy really nails the theme of the monthly challenge in a fun way. Since you've used a somewhat limited palette of muted pale colors, the contrasts really win out here; nice blends in the shadows on the coat, and the freehand on the briefcase is stark and clear.

Second Place, 2 points:  Galaspar

I feel ya, buddy. Love and peace indeed. Also very striking palette of earth tones, set off nicely by the warm reds and oranges, and brightened up by the eye-catching teal of the freehand. Nicely detailed blacklining finishes these pieces off in a very satisfying way, adding that comic-art feel to the whole thing.

First Place, 3 points:  ape!!!

In among the sheer volume of work you put in this month are some incredible pieces, but which ones are the best? I couldn't tell you. They're all amazing in their own way--great choices of palettes and themes for your various crews, excellent balance of grimy and vibrant, and a terrific sense of detail and contrast that serve to really draw the eye. The trio of BoS trooper, deathclaw, and vault dweller is a particular standout group.

Bonus Point:  Zark the Damned

All of your stuff this month was hilarious, but it was the freehand on the bomb casings that caused the tea to shoot out of my nose. Nice work!

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Electric Hobo posted:

Third place, 1 point: APE!!!

I like the pallid and greasy looking skin, and that they're colorful but in a way that fits raiders.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points: ape!!!

In among the sheer volume of work you put in this month are some incredible pieces, but which ones are the best? I couldn't tell you. They're all amazing in their own way--great choices of palettes and themes for your various crews, excellent balance of grimy and vibrant, and a terrific sense of detail and contrast that serve to really draw the eye. The trio of BoS trooper, deathclaw, and vault dweller is a particular standout group.

Thank you for the kind words and all of the judging over the past year!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, the final gallery is now up, go check your stuff's there! https://imgur.com/a/kYnUxUZ

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

OK folks, the final gallery is now up, go check your stuff's there! https://imgur.com/a/kYnUxUZ

It’s missing my first image which is the big group shot

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ape!!! posted:

It’s missing my first image which is the big group shot

That's intentional, the gallery is just stuff painted in April. I could set up a separate gallery for the All Together images if there's enough interest though?

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Sorry, by group shot I meant this one that had all the models for just April. The gallery had my few up close shots but not the full oath.

ape!!! posted:

Oath Complete for April - Snotling starter box plus two 3D printed trolls

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Aha, my mistake! The pic has been added.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:Apil judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: TotalHell

Good looking monster thing! The danger stripes are very nice and even.

Second place, 2 points: Duct Tape

The brushed metal look is really good, and the orange tones are poppin'!

First place, 3 points: APE!!!

Solid team! That green skin is great, and they all fit together perfectly.

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Shiniest mini takes the point!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Heyyy, sorry this is so late, but: :razz:  :imunfunny: April Judgements! :imunfunny:

Third Place, 1 point:  Galaspar

This is a delightful display of grimdark. executed in a clear style that really showcases these as characters. Earthy subdued tones give way to the brighter gold sections, drawing the eye to the primary colors framing the characters' faces. Very well-executed use of focal points.

Second Place, 2 points:  gameraMan

This giant is a familiar fixture on these threads; I've seen multiple versions of this model painted up. But none of them had quite as much bling as this one. Excellent contrasting of the jades and oranges, and that gold is just sumptuously rich.

First Place, 3 points:  Duct Tape

...I mean, it looks hot. That is an ominous glow effect, right there. Contrasted with the bare metals and deep shading on the rest of the model, the effect is of a warship that means serious business. This will make an excellent centerpiece on the table.

Bonus Point:  ape!!!

This whole cadre of greenskins is just incredible. Lots of bright colors that really pop, part of a semi-realistic palette that shows off these pieces as action-oriented. Just a super fun way to close out the season!

...And that's it! Everyone's efforts throughout the past 12 months have been incredible, and I'm pleased that we've gotten some new competitors in this year. Take pride in your work, and keep it up!