Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
Oath Complete!

5 Gnolls:

Including Hello, me for Gnolls 2 and 3, and Take one for the team for the bunch of them.

Just had the worst time with the picture taking...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

May Judgement:

First place (3 points) - moths

Just beautiful work moths. Camo is understated and dusty, panel lines aren't overly aggressive, and that canopy reflection. Well done.

Second Place (2 points) - APE!!!

I'm a sucker for this bust, but mostly the green to yellow skin tone you've pulled off on it is impressive.

Third Place (1 point) - Duct Tape
Holy cats that is a lot of models and this just one pictures worth. A strong showing as usual, Tape.

Bonus (1 point) - with a rebel yell she QQd

I'm a sucker for things that are painted well in yellow. I wonder if you used that pink undertone I've been hearing about...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Hello, me for these mimics before and after chowing down on a few unwary adventurers.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Complete!
And with only 47 minutes to spare!

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
Oath Complete!

Claiming Hello, me for plastic and metal versions of Kommander Sorscha.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, Just is over! (a little belatedly I admit...)

quote:

July: Feeling the heat - Part of your model should be on fire or otherwise glowing. This is an ideal opportunity to bring out the OSL!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for July:

PanOceania Support Pack, Trauma Doc, Machinist, and two Palbots, all 28mm, Corvus Belli.

I'll be cleaning this up as well.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I, Grizzled Patriarch, oath for the month of July:

1 Stone Golem from the Reaper Bones line.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Okay, I got the go-ahead from Zark earlier, (and missed Brock Samsonite's judgement post somehow), so: :siren: May Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  with a rebel yell she QQd

Keeping with the theme of wings, these guys (and their teammates) look great; excellent detail on the cloth and muscularity. The jouster is also nicely done, with a simple but effective yellow paint scheme.

Second Place, 2 points:  Duct Tape

A seriously impressive debut for the season. Excellent contrasts across the range of these models, with a limited color palette of earth tones set off by bright turquoise shading to white.

First Place, 3 points:  ape!!!

These zomboids are vibrant and arresting, with an incredible range of eye-catching colors and contrasts that make them seem active and dangerous. That goblin bust is also some seriously impressive work.

Bonus Point:  moths

That cockpit is incredible, and the rest of the chopper is subtly detailed. Great use of camouflage and subdues colors, with the curved surfaces accented by smooth gradients.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Mordheim - Possessed warband (GW) for July!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Third Place, 1 point:  with a rebel yell she QQd

Yay! Thank you!

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Thank you May judges! My wife was impressed when I read the post out loud.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath one GW Sister of Battle with flamer for July

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, oath 12 female zomebies and 1 survivor from Wargames Factory to be used in Last Days: Zombie Apocalypse.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Wili posted:

I,Wili, Oath these models of Kommander Sorscha for the month of June.

Approved (June catchup)

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for July:

PanOceania Support Pack, Trauma Doc, Machinist, and two Palbots, all 28mm, Corvus Belli.

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, oath 12 female zomebies and 1 survivor from Wargames Factory to be used in Last Days: Zombie Apocalypse.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one GW Sister of Battle with flamer for July

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Mordheim - Possessed warband (GW) for July!

Yay! Thank you!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I, Grizzled Patriarch, oath for the month of July:

1 Stone Golem from the Reaper Bones line.

Approved (July)

The spreadsheet should now be up to date so check your stuff - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DxpBUvOxMz9J_gzmw7Z_H9ar7Ja70LvuqhhhWMSAG2k/edit#gid=14 - Hopefully things calm down a bit and I can get back to more regular updates soon!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for July five Pteraxii Sterylizors from GW.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I, TotalHell, oath the following for July:
1 Dwarven Wizard
1 Dragonborn Warrior

I should probably also clean that dirty keyboard.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for July 2020:

Fire Elemental, Flaming Sphere and Fire wall, all 28mm by Reaper

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for July 2020:

Fire Elemental, Flaming Sphere and Fire wall, all 28mm by Reaper

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for July five Pteraxii Sterylizors from GW.

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath the following for July:
1 Dwarven Wizard
1 Dragonborn Warrior

I should probably also clean that dirty keyboard.

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Flame boy and spell effects for the challenge.

A recipe for success:
Pretty simple this one!

After an undercoat of corax white spray and a couple of thinned down coats of ceramite white, most of the model was painted in fluorescent yellow. Not sure of the make of this one, it's a craft paint I've had for years and the label's long since vanished.

Then working up the model I used Scale75 Orange Neon, more solid areas at the top (took a few coats due to poor coverage) with some heavy drybrushing and slight blends lower down, and finally topped with Scale75 Red Ecstasy with a similar method.

Bit of face detail in black and white on the big guy, the bases on him and the sphere were given a fresh coat of black, then drybrushed with P3 Thornwood Green and then Bastion Grey, also used for the edge of the base.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 11, 2020

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:May judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

That yellow is super great! The whole model is very clean.

Second place, 2 points: APE!!!

I love his goofy face, and the skin colors are just lovely.

First place, 3 points: Duct Tape

This is some of the cleanest disease monsters, that I've ever seen. Those mouths are really cool looking.

Bonus, 1 point: Moths

This in one of the few times that earth-sky reflections make sense, and you pulled it off very well.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of July, Henry Hood, Koschei the Deathless, a massive wolf, and three dead witches. All for Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath Cave Scenery for July!

A bunch of hand-carved scenery...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of July, Henry Hood, Koschei the Deathless, a massive wolf, and three dead witches. All for Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games.

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath Cave Scenery for July!

A bunch of hand-carved scenery...

Approved!

Also, June's gallery is up, go check your pics are there - https://imgur.com/a/CVsiudh

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For July I, Galaspar, oath a Chaos Cult Firebrand by GW

Left it a bit late, so I'm keeping things simple.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath a Games Workshop Carnifex (and scenic base) for July:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath three Temple of Ro-kan Monks, from Bushido by GCT Studios

(Somewhat belatedly)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath three Temple of Ro-kan Monks, from Bushido by GCT Studios

(Somewhat belatedly)

Galaspar posted:

For July I, Galaspar, oath a Chaos Cult Firebrand by GW

Left it a bit late, so I'm keeping things simple.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath a Games Workshop Carnifex (and scenic base) for July:

Approved!

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Oath complete!

These are the female zombies (and one little girl survivor) from Warlord games and some defunct zombie game. I'll be using them for Last Days: Zombie Apocalypse. I also painted 7 or so more survivors but forgot to oath them!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Claiming July - Feel The Heat for the glow on the red parts of the palbots and Take One For The Team for the full PanOceania support group.

Also claiming Spic and Span.

Cat Face Joe posted:

Clean and ready for varnishing.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath Complete!

Claiming July - Feel The Heat for the fire sword and glowy magic effects.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: June Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  TotalHell

These two are great, nice and grungy but also bright and lively. Excellent edge highlights, particularly on the metallics, but the bright line down the gremlin guy's helmet adds an unexpected NMM-like sheen to it. Delightful stuff!

Second Place, 2 points:  LazyAngel

I'm such a sucker for Hellboy, and you've really nailed the look. Terrific contrasts that straddle the line between the realistic look of the movies and Mike Mignola's stark comics style. The attention to detail (particularly the difference in tones between Hellboy's stone arm and the rest of him) is top-notch. Ron Perlman would be so proud.

First Place, 3 points:  Galaspar

Extremely intricate detailing on all your figures this month! I chose this pair because they best illustrate the theme (Chaos Marine before & after making his gooey pact). The color schemes on the models vary slightly (apropos for a Chaos band), but they share the basic style of a desaturated base punctuated with bright, eye-catching bursts of almost angry colors. Excellent work!

Bonus Point:  with a rebel yell she QQd

Nice heraldry, and really smooth blends on the horse's musculature. The hair and the chainmail are also well-defined and bright against the muted earth tones of the rest of the model, and the folds on the cloth are just pretty.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:June judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Duct Tape

I like the muted, almost sepia, colorscheme. They're also very clean, and well painted.

Second place, 2 points: Brock Samsonite

The bright blues raelly make them stand out in a pretty cyberpunk-y way. The skin is also nice, and the yellows adds some nice spots of contrast.

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

This is a very nice paintjob, where everything fits together, and nothing looks out of place. Good blends, nice yellow, and the green adds some nice color contrast to the more muted colors.

Bonus, 1 point: LazyAngel

5 Hellboys takes the bonus point! They're also very nice!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath complete!

Claiming Feel the Heat for the bioplasma glow in the mouth and eyes, but unfortunately his posture makes that really hard to see.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Complete!

Unfortunately I don't have the time to do my proper photography setup this month, so I have to settle for a phone picture :(

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point:  with a rebel yell she QQd
Nice heraldry, and really smooth blends on the horse's musculature. The hair and the chainmail are also well-defined and bright against the muted earth tones of the rest of the model, and the folds on the cloth are just pretty.

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd
This is a very nice paintjob, where everything fits together, and nothing looks out of place. Good blends, nice yellow, and the green adds some nice color contrast to the more muted colors.

Wohoo! Thank you judges!

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 31, 2020

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete

I was going to model some fire coming out the flamer, but it was much harder than expected and I couldn't get something that looked like I wanted within the deadline so here were go

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Didn't get as much done this month (curse thee mild insomnia!) and spent awhile toying with the uplit glows on the undead witches, but that's another Hellboy expansion down.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
July Oath Complete!

Bunch of Cave Scenery:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Oath Complete! Claiming Feeling the heat for this guy.

This was fun and made me really have to stop and think a lot since it's almost like painting in reverse compared to typical highlights / shadows.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Phoning it in a little this month; turns out huge personal changes are hell on painting motivation. But still claiming Feel The Heat for the middle monk.