Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I seem to do these every other year, so after having taken like an 11-month hiatus I might as well put my quarantine spare time to good use.

I, Ilor, oath two Bashi Bazouks (28mm Corvus Belli)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

Claiming A flying start for these winged drop troopers.

This was the first time I'd tried micro-texturing fabric, and I like the way it turned out.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor do Oath the following for the month of June: 8 mounted Confederate cavalry (plus musician, standard, and commander) and 8 dismounted Confederate cavalry (including horse holders) - 15mm Battle Honors

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath complete!

The whole crew:

A close-up of the horse holders. If/when the mounted troops dismount to fight on foot (as they usually did), this little vignette is used to mark the spot where they can remount:

A close-up of the command group (officer, standard bearer, musician). I haven't decided whether I want to do these guys as a particular regiment or just use a more generic flag, so no banner yet:

These are the completed mounted/dismounted versions of these guys. I started by finding matching weapons, then painted the pairs identically (boots, pants, coats, hats, even hair and beards). Confederates are always a pain to paint because getting them to look properly rag-tag involves lots of different paint colors and makes batch painting largely pointless. In the game for which these minis are intended, a base group of mounted infantry is 8 troopers, but when they dismount you lose two of them for horse-holders (see above). That's why there are only 6 little dudes on foot.

A close-up of one of the pairs:

Another pair:

I am claiming this month's theme of Hello, me! for the matching mounted and dismounted troopers. I am also claiming the Take one for the team
achievement for painting a full group, as well as Get the Crystal for the horse-holder mount/dismount position marker.